AOC AG352UCG6 35" 1440P widescreen

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Nice! Are you able to share what details they provided regarding improvements over the previous model, or do we have to wait for the full review?

Associate
Absolutely. And I have to actually receive it, from another country. Oh and review a completely different screen beforehand. Which I have not yet received either. ;)

Take your time, I need to be able to afford one yet. Months to go :p

Hopefully by the time I have the disposable, it will be clear which 120hz+, 1440p+, G-Sync monitor is best suited to me. Presently it seems that while there are many pros for each option, the cons also weigh heavy and so there is no clear 'winner' in my mind. That may remain the case of course, nothing is perfect.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I noticed that the spec sheet claims 2500:1 contrast ratio, which is different to the older model that claimed 2000:1, which further supports that there may be a new panel in the new model. I can see any other differences in spec on the product pages.

Soldato
Perhaps, but I wouldn't get too carried away with that. The panel itself (used for the old model) had 2500:1 specified. Not sure why AOC decided to specify 2000:1, which was underselling it a bit really.

Permabanned
Found a buyer for my old acer 27 144hz monitor, now trying to find a buyer for the 27 4k one next to it.

Has there been an updated eta on this at all?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
VA panels tend to give better contrast compared to IPS, and therefore handle blacks better. They appear to have lower response time in general, but I think they can be prone to smearing.

IPS panels have better colour reproduction and viewing angles, and generally higher response times, but I don't think this is much of an issue with the three models being talked about here. Biggest issue with IPS panels right now is back light bleed (BLB) and general quality control.

Someone more knowledgeable may give more insight!

You can also read this article for more information:
https://pcmonitors.info/articles/lcd-panel-types-explored/

Permabanned
So a competitor has this for sale, really tempted, but wondering if it really is going to be a waste of cash. Overall its going to cost me about £350 to upgrade from a 144hz 1440p + 4k IPS set up.

I work from home, so would get some decent use out of it all as just a screen. I find my self just using the 1440 and having some youtube on the 4k for some reason, I think having 2 27 inch monitors is just too wide to be able to use from just 1.5 ft away... (desk isn't very deep at all, and the acer monitors don't have VESA so I've had to fudge something together to get it work).

How is a 1080 along with a 4790k going to handle gaming at 3440 x 1440? Last thing I need is to want to buy another GPU :D

Stu

Stu

Soldato
A 1080 should be fine... when I finally get round to selecting and buying one, I'll be driving it with my 1070, so you're in a better play than me! Adjust detail setting accordingly, and G-Sync will help smooth out performance.

Back
Top Bottom