AOC G2460PF

Associate
SinX91
I have this same monitor and I read all your previous comments. I have the same problem as you. When I alt-tab Fallout 4 I get corrupted image like you posted (2nd one). I never saw the corruption like you showed on 1st image, but I also seen that pink/blue video you posted on my monitor when I alt-tab a couple of times trying to fix the corruption.
Also I have 30-144Hz Freesync range http://i.imgur.com/SCcrUE1.png

Don't ask how :( because I dont remember which driver I downloaded since I tried a couple of them so I have no idea. I think it is the beta driver.

It got to the point I dont even use freesync in fallout 4 since it corrupts image but I cant return it also :S.
P.S. I just tried at-tabbing while playing borderlands 2 and it worked fine, the only problem is that flickering. But it only appears while on desktop (windows) and not ingame, although I have flickering in world of tanks while in garage but people say its because freesync doesn't work good with 2D graphics.

Also, the flickering while in windows after alt/tabbing seems to be because it locks the screen at 30Hz (lowest freesync range). I think that is the case because the mouse cursor moves slowly, like it is in 30Hz mode. I don't think there is a fix for that yet.

Associate
The beta driver is 35-146hz but unless they have uploaded a new beta driver with 30-144hz freesync range you'll have to manually change it another way, e.g. CRU.

Associate
So amd released the new drivers with flicker fix and you can now see the freesync range from the crimson panel.
I have the beta drivers for this monitor installed, but the crimson still says that my freesync range is 48-144hz.
Does it still work as intended?

And how the heck these aoc drivers are still in the beta? Seems that they didn't even submit them to microsoft for whql..

Associate
So amd released the new drivers with flicker fix and you can now see the freesync range from the crimson panel.
I have the beta drivers for this monitor installed, but the crimson still says that my freesync range is 48-144hz.
Does it still work as intended?

And how the heck these aoc drivers are still in the beta? Seems that they didn't even submit them to microsoft for whql..

What version of crimson driver do you have? I have 15.30.1025.1001-151204a-296874C and it still flickers with I alt-tab from game.

Soldato
Users have reported that the official drivers may not support the same FreeSync range flexibility as the beta drivers that I have linked to. The recent Crimson drivers may have changed this, indeed with the existence of LFC (Low Framerate Compensation) the lower bound for FreeSync may not be so important. If you can be bothered, I'd recommend experimenting with both. I know this is very confusing, I'm sure AOC never meant for this to become such a mess. :)

Associate
Users have reported that the official drivers may not support the same FreeSync range flexibility as the beta drivers that I have linked to. The recent Crimson drivers may have changed this, indeed with the existence of LFC (Low Framerate Compensation) the lower bound for FreeSync may not be so important. If you can be bothered, I'd recommend experimenting with both. I know this is very confusing, I'm sure AOC never meant for this to become such a mess. :)

I tell you what, it's a good job we have you here helping us out to be honest mate else AOC would have had real issues. We appreciate all your help! I will give both drivers a try. It should come tomorrow as I've ordered it from here and they are usually pretty good with delivery. They best give me some haribo this time, nothing last time!!! :D

Soldato
AMD Software Crimson should correctly report the FreeSync operating range. Alternatively a game that has a 'resolution scale' or similar option would be useful as you can fine-tune the graphics details and performance quite nicely. So you could compare performance at say 30fps, 40fps, 50fps or so if you like.

Associate
AMD Software Crimson should correctly report the FreeSync operating range. Alternatively a game that has a 'resolution scale' or similar option would be useful as you can fine-tune the graphics details and performance quite nicely. So you could compare performance at say 30fps, 40fps, 50fps or so if you like.

Ok buddy, I'll have a play tomorrow. Quick question, should V-Sync be set off in games now then with using Freesync?

Soldato
Ok buddy, I'll have a play tomorrow. Quick question, should V-Sync be set off in games now then with using Freesync?

The general advice is yes, it should, as game-based implementations can potentially interfere with the smooth operation of FreeSync. But enforce it either on or off in Radeon Software Crimson. If you wish to avoid tearing then it must be enabled in the driver, whereas if it's disabled the frame rate will be allowed to rise above the refresh rate cap.

Associate
Can't believe I've had this monitor 5 weeks and only just found this thread!

Firstly a big thank you to everyone that's contributed, especially PCM. That ICC Profile has transformed the image for me. I've spent hours messing around with the standard settings and couldn't get rid of that horrible washout. Added the profile tonight and so much better.

I didn't even know I had the issue with 48hz freesync limit but that's now fixed too.

However the one I'm left with is the major image corruption which it seems only two other users have had. Here are some videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJHs427jDK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsgNbrGXAIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOG5wz2zNnU

The second video best displays what happens most often. Can't seem to find any fixes for this at all. Not helped by not knowing what the hell to google, I can't even describe it!

Associate
However the one I'm left with is the major image corruption which it seems only two other users have had. Here are some videos:

Quite a handful of people have experienced this issue. I still get it from time to time but I don't think there's a fix available and I am hoping it is a software issue. AOC won't reply to my email so I don't know if it is a hardware or software issue. :(

Associate
Where has "AOC UK" gone? He's the rep on these forums and he has been very quiet :(

I think I'll be quite frustrated if I get that display corruption. We need to confirm if it's driver related or monitor related. If it's fixable with a patch in the future I won't be too fussed.

Posted your issue on a similar thread on AMD - https://community.amd.com/message/2705302#2705302 more reports, more chance of a fix I guess :)

Last edited:
Associate
Quite a handful of people have experienced this issue. I still get it from time to time but I don't think there's a fix available and I am hoping it is a software issue. AOC won't reply to my email so I don't know if it is a hardware or software issue. :(

Ah ok, well nice to know I'm not the only one. Thankfully it rarely happens in BF4 which is what I play most, but it's still frustrating.

Now that I've got the image looking better with the profile from PCM, I'm really enjoying this screen when it works!

Associate

I've tried the official AOC driver and it's 48 to 144hz! I'll stick your driver on now and then have a play :)

Associate
Can't believe I've had this monitor 5 weeks and only just found this thread!

Firstly a big thank you to everyone that's contributed, especially PCM. That ICC Profile has transformed the image for me. I've spent hours messing around with the standard settings and couldn't get rid of that horrible washout. Added the profile tonight and so much better.

I didn't even know I had the issue with 48hz freesync limit but that's now fixed too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJHs427jDK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsgNbrGXAIQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOG5wz2zNnU

The second video best displays what happens most often. Can't seem to find any fixes for this at all. Not helped by not knowing what the hell to google, I can't even describe it!

Had that issue aswell on the video. fixed by installing the WHQL drivers.

Back
Top Bottom