AOC G2460PF

Associate
So guys, what is the current state of the monitor?

I heard a lot of people have it completely functioning, with overdrive+144hz+freesync.

Also, what is the purpose of overdrive?

Associate
So I got this monitor yesterday and for some reason when I put the refresh rate at 144hz there's constant flickering that will not go away. Any ideas as to what is causing this and how I resolve it? I'm running it through an RX 470 with the latest Crimson drivers.

Associate
Hey smarf I get the same! so don't worry. Its a problem with non Freesync monitors which brings me to the reason I'm here. I'm running a 480 @ 144hz via DP lead. Freesync is not working. How do I get it to work? I've turned it on in the drivers.

Ahh its working now in BF4 but not BF3. Weird.

I am still getting the constantly flicker on desktop though. But I get the same with my benq

FIXED: New AMD update fixed flicker

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
starting to think Ive got a dodgy panel, with the distortion and since when did they release a firmware where didn't we dont need a driver for 35hz free sync?

turns out i was correct, after sorting out an rma, received an on site exchange. no matter how hard i try the new one does not have the same display corruption with freesync enabled. i would suggest anybody having to put up with this display corruption contact aoc for an exchange.

Soldato
I bought one knowing that some people have problems and I really like it.

The lowest brightness is way too bright but other than that it's all good. I had an Asus but the colours did not look natural at all (could have been faulty I guess) so I replaced it with this and have been happy with it.

Associate
I've got his monitor also. Out of the box I didnt like it at all. But there a ICC profile to can download, this link is in this thread somewhere and the colours are much better, the a quick tweek of the contrast and a good drop in brightness and it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom