** AOC Q2770PQU Owners Thread **

Associate
Oh wow this monitor is out of this world. Seriously that resolution is amazing my days I have been missing out.

Did people caliberate it or not? Also do I need to install whatever is on the DVD?

Cheers

Associate
I've just ordered one of these as well. I was looking at the ROG SWIFT but I think this will do me fine since I'm only playing games on and off recently.

Associate
I've just ordered one of these as well. I was looking at the ROG SWIFT but I think this will do me fine since I'm only playing games on and off recently.

I was gonna buy the swift too but then settled on this one. It's perfect for gaming too. But then again I have never experienced 144 and gsync but this monitor play my games perfectly and that's with only 660gtx.

Associate
I will have a look at that, you may well have something there as the Intel display manager can see the device.

The Intel display manager report this back.

Supported Modes:

512 by 1440 ( 243 Hz)
640 by 480 (72 Hz)
640 by 480 (75 Hz)
===================
Clearly there is a driver issue somewhere. Will have to dig a bit deeper. The 512 by 1440 at 243 Hz is clearly off the wall.

Caporegime
So how is connected? You're not accidentally connecting it via the onboard HDMI or something silly?

My tips would be:

1) Connect it with the DVI cable supplied.
2) Ensure it's connected to the dual-link output on your graphics card...note that most cards (even with 2x DVI's) will only have 1x dual link connection

You won't get a picture if it's not connected via dual-link.

Last edited:
Associate
So how is connected? You're not accidentally connecting it via the onboard HDMI or something silly?

My tips would be:

1) Connect it with the DVI cable supplied.
2) Ensure it's connected to the dual-link output on your graphics card...note that most cards (even with 2x DVI's) will only have 1x dual link connection

You won't get a picture if it's not connected via dual-link.

I have done 1, but I suspeect that 2 could be a driver or capability issue. Mind you I tried a displayport to DVI cable with same result.

I am rebuilding my PC on Wednesday and will report back when this is finished.

Associate
Mine arrived on Sunday and I'm very happy with it so far, a big step up from my previous 1080p monitor. I went back and played some Bioshock Infinite and it seems great for gaming too. I've just left it on default settings for now and it seems well calibrated out of the box (some people might find it a bit bright though I think). Connected it using DisplayPort cable provided.

Associate
Just got mine too, I swear this thing is bigger than both 27 inch screens I have in the other room.

No bleed, can't see any dead pixels (cross fingers). Black level lagom test looks good, the viewsonic vp2770 I had before this completely failed the black level test, after looking into the factory menu the view sonic has changed panels and not the same as review anymore so sent it back.

Impressed so far, hopefully all good for gaming. Surprised at the price tbh, the build quality is just as good as the view sonic and cost a lot less. Like others here the AoC is warm coloured out the box, knocking red down a few notches helps.

Recommended monitor so far, well done AoC :cool:

Associate
Interesting you have no bleed, mine has it from bottom elft and top right. You always hear about these mythical no bleed screens but I've never got an IPS without it.

Believe me, I understand 100%. Getting a screen without bleed is a lottery ticket win, it shouldn't be the case but it is. But yes, apart from the normal IPS glow there is no bleed.

Soldato
Am I getting bleed and glow mixed up I wonder.. What I see is on a black video, the bottom left and top right have a white light that sort of comes out in a arc. I will attempt crappy picture.

Soldato
Am I getting bleed and glow mixed up I wonder.. What I see is on a black video, the bottom left and top right have a white light that sort of comes out in a arc. I will attempt crappy picture.

Move your head around and see if it moves. IPS glow changes when you view at different angles.

Soldato
Yeah it's most prominent on bottom, if I move my head to the left it disappears.

That's glow mine is the same. This is mine with a black screen the light on the left is the reflection from my Tv. Moving from the centre to the left or right it glows from the bottom centre.

Edit - Wrong pic. Monitor is off in this one I had one the same with it on a black screen but cannot find it in my photo bucket....?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom