AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Associate
Ok, you're not the first to report this issue, it's probably a weakness in them, for my sake i hope it's one of the reasons they changed the screen its self later on to the IPS that's in mine.

Look i hope AOC honor the warranty, your best bet is to contact them, it shouldn't matter that you don't have the box, as long as you can prove purchase.

Good luck :)

Edit: I also want to say this is my second low cost AOC panel, my last one was and went on for years before i sold it on in perfect working order. :)
Thanks :( Yeah, but here I have to deal with the store, they make me pay for shipment and I will stay without a monitor for weeks...
Guys, I've created a custom resolution in AMD Settings, with 74Hz and it works perfectly, not even one line on the screen, just as good as 60hz. Selecting 75Hz, the big interference comes back, 76Hz is much worse, some areas of the screen are pink. But 74Hz is great, interesting, no?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just picked up the Q3279VWFD8 from a local e-tailer and I am mightily impressed so far. Way too bright out of the box and okay once adjusted still need to play about with the settings. Is there a standard set that people tend to follow, brightness, contrast etc. Hardly any IPS glow small bit bottom right but rest of panel is beautiful. Surprised the stand base is silver looks black in the pictures. Also think the ports on the back are a bit cheap but very happy so far. G-sync compatible enabled without me touching anything.

Man of Honour
Is there a standard set that people tend to follow, brightness, contrast etc. Hardly any IPS glow small bit bottom right but rest of panel is beautiful.
i suspect there is a large variance in panel colours...i did try to follow the same setup as some of the internet reviews...but the colours still looked off. done my own settings now.

tl;dr - ymmv

Caporegime
Game mode Off
Low Blue Light Off
Overdrive Off

Brightness 100
Contrast 50
Gamma2
Red 40
Green 40
Blue 52

Before i did that it was a muddy colour, now the whites are nice and crisp, blacks are deep and the colour balance looks good, to me at least.

PS: slight light bleed in the bottom left corner, can only see it if that whole part of the screen is black and even then its only slight.

Other than that, nice crisp, clear, bright image.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is this (well, the q3279vwfd8 model) still the best value monitor? Just about to pull the trigger but wondering if anything has changed since it was released?

Would want to use it with a Vega 56, so wondered whether the 75Hz might be too low but it wouldn't do 144Hz justice at 1440p either?

Soldato
Got this today along with the Vega 56. Very pleased, no dead pixels I can see and I'm loving the resolution. I'm using the Frame Rate Target Control in the AMD settings to limit fps to 75 in games, seems to work well.

Back
Top Bottom