AOC Q3279VWF - FreeSync,VA,qHD 31.5 inch monitor for £249! (ONLY £199 AT OcUK FOR BLACK FRIDAY)!!

Man of Honour
My monitor shows lots of horizontal interference lines when it first comes on. They go away after about a minute but it's obviously not a good sign. Don't think it is a graphics card or pc problem as this happens when only the monitor has been off. any ideas?

Mine has done this since the beginning. Starting my PC from cold or if it's been on standby for ages, drives me nuts. But thought I had a faulty GPU so glad to see it's just a monitor issue as I'm binning this monitor off soon

Associate
Good point about the cable. I'm using a 3rd party cable from a reputable company but I'll switch back to the bundled cable just in case. I'd be happy if just needs an easy fix

Soldato
I must be lucky as mine hasn't got that, using HDMi but not the cable that came with it just some cheapo cable. Saying that I hardly use mine as my desk isnt built it's on a coffee table. But when I do use it, seems to work lovely.

Associate
Good point about the cable. I'm using a 3rd party cable from a reputable company but I'll switch back to the bundled cable just in case. I'd be happy if just needs an easy fix

I'm using the bundled cable and have the issue. Tried different monitor with same cable and no issue. Let me know how you go as I might just organise AOC to collect it.

Associate
Glad I'm not the only one that has had the horizontal line problem, it started off as a small problem but has been getting worse as time goes on lasting longer and getting more lines. What confused me was why it was only doing it after booting, didn't occur in bios or in windows boot up, turns out (on mine at least) it was the refresh rate. Changing it to 60hz, problem goes away entirely, back to 75hz and it returns, sometimes even worse than before I changed it. Using the bundled display port cable as well.

edit: I should note that after the monitor has been on for a while, the problem doesn't return when changing, it's only after it's been off for a bit.

Last edited:
Associate
Glad I'm not the only one that has had the horizontal line problem, it started off as a small problem but has been getting worse as time goes on lasting longer and getting more lines. What confused me was why it was only doing it after booting, didn't occur in bios or in windows boot up, turns out (on mine at least) it was the refresh rate. Changing it to 60hz, problem goes away entirely, back to 75hz and it returns, sometimes even worse than before I changed it. Using the bundled display port cable as well.

edit: I should note that after the monitor has been on for a while, the problem doesn't return when changing, it's only after it's been off for a bit.

Pretty much exact same as mine. Although ive noticed the lines getting worse and staying for longer.

And a few happen at the windows boot logo.

I think ill just RMA it to be on the safe side. Its only 10 months old.

Associate
So, I've had mine for coming up a year now. No problems and quite happy with it for PC use. It's really not too hot when it comes to watching movies, blacks mostly, but my point of reference is an OLED TV.

Man of Honour
I've finally given up with this monitor. The artifacting is getting worse to the point it's still doing it for a good couple of minutes once I've logged in to windows. I've got the best part of a year out of it which isn't bad for £200.

Caporegime
I bought this screen a couple weeks ago, like most screens i have bought over the years to me the colour was off, it looked muddy to me but after a lot of messing about with settings, including RGB i have the colour just so, colour is now vibrant and crisp and without the green tint it came out of the box with.

Its defiantly worth its £200 and then some... its huge, IPS, 75Hz is not great but better than the standard 60Hz, it puts out a good quality image and tho useless to me at the moment it has Free-Sync, honestly i think it would be priced ok at £300 because of its size and there is nothing bad about its quality.

I do have a question about it......

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/10bpc-vs-8bpc.18835715/

Caporegime
Pretty much exact same as mine. Although ive noticed the lines getting worse and staying for longer.

And a few happen at the windows boot logo.

I think ill just RMA it to be on the safe side. Its only 10 months old.

Interesting, there are two revisions of this screen, one a matt IPS which replaced an earlier glossy TN, which one do you guys have?

Caporegime
the semi-glossy is VA, not TN.
the VA is what most have.

have you tried to underclock/overclock the freesync range?
can you try it and post your results?

Ah thanks, mine is the IPS panel. (Q3279VWFD8) its a really nice picture.
I don't have an AMD GPU but i have tried to overclock the refresh rate, i got to 76, up from 75.
My last screen, also AOC was the same, i think they are deliberately locked from overclocking, given their price range.

Associate
I'm using the bundled cable and have the issue. Tried different monitor with same cable and no issue. Let me know how you go as I might just organise AOC to collect it.

so I decided to just put up with the lines, they were only lasting a few minutes but today the monitor stopped detecting a signal through freesync. I've tried
- changing freesync cable - still no signal detected and the cable works fine with my other monitor.
- using dvi-d to hdmi - had this cable around and the monitor works but only up to 1080p
- using dvi-d to dvi-d but although I can select 1440p res it looks awful. looking at he cable it might be a single link one (a block of pins are missing)

I will contact Overclockers support and see what they say. Anecdotally, looking at this thread, the monitor seems to be poorly made.

Back
Top Bottom