AORUS AD27QD

Soldato
I recall reading instructions that if you update the firmware you would need to update to the latest version of OSD.
But it was never clear if you needed to update OSD 1st or not.

It seems to me that if you update firmware make sure you have the latest OSD 1st. Then update firmware.

Problem is that they stopped provided updated Firmware and OSD like they use to up to F04/F05. With F07 I didn't see an updated OSD this time.

I think i rebooted the monitor too

EDIT: I have just updated the OSD to build 816 and now it reading F02 firmware
With that newer OSD build update the firmware again. It should now read F07

------------
I see what they are doing. If we get another osd update we would need a new firmware update.Or else osd may not work correctly. IMO.
Until they fix that.

Last edited:
Associate
I recall reading instructions that if you update the firmware you would need to update to the latest version of OSD.
But it was never clear if you needed to update OSD 1st or not.

It seems to me that if you update firmware make sure you have the latest OSD 1st. Then update firmware.

Problem is that they stopped provided updated Firmware and OSD like they use to up to F04/F05. With F07 I didn't see an updated OSD this time.

With that newer OSD build update the firmware again. It should now read F07

------------
I see what they are doing. If we get another osd update we would need a new firmware update.Or else osd may not work correctly. IMO.
Until they fix that.

Probably just an issue with the software and what it's reading. I'll stick to the June OSD version for now

Soldato
Yeah. The August release is the broken one. Reports all FW versions at 2.
Wait, you saying that B19.0816.1 is the broken one? That was just release a few days ago.

Then it seems that we cannot use a New OSD unless we have a newer firmware that can recognize it. They both go hand in hand. So both would show the same date of release.

OSD SideKick, B19.0816.1, 2019/08/16 + Firmware 07, 2019/07/24 = Borked updating capabilities. <---Firmware is older then OSD Sidekick.

What we need is (for example)
OSD Sidekick, version #, 8/19/2019 + Firmware #, 8/19/2019 = working correctly.

Last edited:
Associate
Wait, you saying that B19.0816.1 is the broken one? That was just release a few days ago.

Then it seems that we cannot use a New OSD unless we have a newer firmware that can recognize it. They both go hand in hand. So both would show the same date of release.

OSD SideKick, B19.0816.1, 2019/08/16 + Firmware 07, 2019/07/24 = Borked updating capabilities. <---Firmware is older then OSD Sidekick.

What we need is (for example)
OSD Sidekick, version #, 8/19/2019 + Firmware #, 8/19/2019 = working correctly.

I'm not sure what you mean?

We don't need a new FW to use the new OSD?

We won't ever get a changelog from Gigabyte. They just don't give detailed changelogs.

New OSD app works fine with any firmware, it just reports the FW as version 2.

Soldato
I'm not sure what you mean?

We don't need a new FW to use the new OSD?

We won't ever get a changelog from Gigabyte. They just don't give detailed changelogs.

New OSD app works fine with any firmware, it just reports the FW as version 2.
A few months back they were release the 2 side by side. Indicating changes and new features.
Now, we don't know what OSD Side kick is offering. We should get a change log. It's absurd to release an update to OSD Sidekick without documentation as to why it was updated.

V F

V F

Soldato
A few months back they were release the 2 side by side. Indicating changes and new features.
Now, we don't know what OSD Side kick is offering. We should get a change log. It's absurd to release an update to OSD Sidekick without documentation as to why it was updated.

EVGA usually does the same with their software. Very little in the changelog.

Associate
So they've announced the

FI27Q and the FI27Q-P.

The FI27Q is the same but it has the 165hz refresh rate.
The FI27Q-P has the 165hz refresh rate and DP 1.4 to allow 10 bit at 165HZ.

They've also introduced ANC and Black Equaliser 2.0.

Hmm...

Soldato
So they've announced the

FI27Q and the FI27Q-P.

The FI27Q is the same but it has the 165hz refresh rate.
The FI27Q-P has the 165hz refresh rate and DP 1.4 to allow 10 bit at 165HZ.

They've also introduced ANC and Black Equaliser 2.0.

Hmm...
Yes, I noticed. However, it's of very little interest to me moving forward.
I simply don't see it as an upgrade to what I already have.

Associate
Ok they released yet another OSD Sidekick
OSD Sidekick
B19.0822.1

Odd that they don't provide nor show the old versions. :confused:

Hopefully that's a fix for the FW version display issue...

Edit: It's fixed.

Wonder if we'll see Black Equalizer 2 or ANC 2 come to this. Must be possible via a FW Update?

Last edited:
Soldato
@GIGA-Man

You got any ideas about this at all?

What's happening with the AD27QD when the newer models come out etc. Any time frame for them coming out etc?

There are 3 things that would vastly improve AD27QD they are:
1. Pixel Format option built in to the OSD for Display Port.
2. Ability to change refresh rate built into the OSD.
3. Gigabyte please communicate with AMD's RTG about the DDC/CI for AD27QD. So that Radeon Software driver actually detects the monitor correctly. Instead of advising that the refresh rate and resolution is incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom