Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Hi,

I am having a issue with my X5 V7, I bought it from Overclockers last September and I have been really happy with it. In July I bought myself an Oculus Rift and initially it was fine until I bought the Talos principle for it. This game caused a number of BSoD (DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION) occurrences that I couldn't fix by altering settings so I uninstalled it and wrote it off as a bad job. Ever since then I have seen a significant reduction in capability of the laptop. I am still experiencing BSoDs when gaming even when not in VR. Prior to getting VR I was playing Tomb raider (2013) in 4k with ultra settings and it didn't even get all that warm, now it is burning hot, randomly freezing and stuttering during game play and BSoD-ing. I have now completely uninstalled the Rift, which made no difference, followed the advice on the net and updated all my drivers and run several system scans, still no improvement. Finally I have used the F9 facility to reset the machine to factory settings and it is still performing in the same way.

I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice on where to go next, I have not had much luck searching the net for similar posts/queries. I'm a worried something may have gone wrong physically... Also is there any reason why the X5 V7 might not be compatible with the rift? The specs are well within the minimum stated by Oculus.

Thanks!

Hi [USER=207460]@PandaMadness
- Sorry to hear of your problem, we have spoken to R&D this morning,,,, can you please confirm;

1) - are there certain games this is happening with?

2) - have you installed any driver not from our Smart update utility?

3) - are you using any Peripheral devices like KB or mouse, and installed the drivers for those devices?

4) - Could you provide us the screen capture of Driver Update utility?

Please post answers and image, and we will endeavor to solve your problem.

Regards,

Team AORUS[/USER]

I have the exact same problem with X5V7. Problem has been ongoing since early October or thereabouts. Has there been any word on what the cause of this is? I'm really wanting to avoid sending this off for repair for multiple weeks or months as I use the computer for work.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I have the exact same problem with X5V7. Problem has been ongoing since early October or thereabouts. Has there been any word on what the cause of this is? I'm really wanting to avoid sending this off for repair for multiple weeks or months as I use the computer for work.

Hi @Phelanka7 - Is this an Oculus Rift problem, or a BSOD with the machine?

Also - are you UK based? (just noticed the time of your post :)

Please confirm,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi @Phelanka7 - Is this an Oculus Rift problem, or a BSOD with the machine?

Also - are you UK based? (just noticed the time of your post :)

Please confirm,

Team AORUS

Same BSOD.

I am Eastern timezone (Indiana,USA).

I was just curious if anyone knew the cause of this error. I find it curious after wringing the Internet dry of anyone with this issue I find two others with the same exact machine with the same exact BSOD that isn't exactly a common problem.

Edit: I was able to find one other person with this BSOD on the internet looking for help. Guess what machine he has....

https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-cras...ying-fortnite-overwatch-error-0x000000e6.html

Last edited:
Associate
Running the !devobj command in the debugger on Arg2 for my Memory.dmp I get

Code:
kd> !devobj ffffac8feaf64060
Device object (ffffac8feaf64060) is for:
 NTPNP_PCI0025 \Driver\pci DriverObject ffffac8fea4e1960
Current Irp 00000000 RefCount 0 Type 00000022 Flags 00001040
SecurityDescriptor ffffc28826aa4620 DevExt ffffac8feaf641b0 DevObjExt ffffac8feaf648e0 DevNode ffffac8feaf64bb0
ExtensionFlags (0x00000800)  DOE_DEFAULT_SD_PRESENT
Characteristics (0x00000100)  FILE_DEVICE_SECURE_OPEN
AttachedDevice (Upper) ffffac8feaf649d0 \Driver\ACPI

Then I run a !devobj for the "AttachedDevice (Upper)" It returns:

Code:
kd> !devobj ffffac8feaf649d0
Device object (ffffac8feaf649d0) is for:
  \Driver\ACPI DriverObject ffffac8fea4e54e0
Current Irp 00000000 RefCount 0 Type 00000032 Flags 00000000
SecurityDescriptor ffffc28826aa4620 DevExt ffffac8feae37bb0 DevObjExt ffffac8feaf64b20
AttachedDevice (Upper) ffffac8fefa05060 \Driver\USBXHCI
AttachedTo (Lower) ffffac8feaf64060 \Driver\pci
Device queue is not busy.

Think there is a possible fix based on this info? I snooped around for problems related to USBHXCI and came up with possibly disabling the USB Selective Suspend. I will try that tonight when I have some free time to play some games and see if I still crash. I have flashed the BIOS already and still crashed, so unless there is a more recent flash than the one listed on the downloads tab on the Aorus website that won't fix it.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT:

Is this the most recent BIOS?

BUILD_VERSION_STRING: 17763.1.amd64fre.rs5_release.180914-1434
SYSTEM_MANUFACTURER: GIGABYTE
SYSTEM_PRODUCT_NAME: X5X7
SYSTEM_SKU: X5X7
SYSTEM_VERSION: Default string
BIOS_VENDOR: American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS_VERSION: FB0D
BIOS_DATE: 07/07/2017

BASEBOARD_MANUFACTURER: GIGABYTE
BASEBOARD_PRODUCT: X5X7

Last edited:
AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Running the !devobj command in the debugger on Arg2 for my Memory.dmp I get

Code:
kd> !devobj ffffac8feaf64060
Device object (ffffac8feaf64060) is for:
 NTPNP_PCI0025 \Driver\pci DriverObject ffffac8fea4e1960
Current Irp 00000000 RefCount 0 Type 00000022 Flags 00001040
SecurityDescriptor ffffc28826aa4620 DevExt ffffac8feaf641b0 DevObjExt ffffac8feaf648e0 DevNode ffffac8feaf64bb0
AttachedDevice (Upper) ffffac8feaf649d0 \Driver\ACPI

Then I run a !devobj for the "AttachedDevice (Upper)" It returns:

Code:
kd> !devobj ffffac8feaf649d0
Device object (ffffac8feaf649d0) is for:
  \Driver\ACPI DriverObject ffffac8fea4e54e0
Current Irp 00000000 RefCount 0 Type 00000032 Flags 00000000
SecurityDescriptor ffffc28826aa4620 DevExt ffffac8feae37bb0 DevObjExt ffffac8feaf64b20
AttachedDevice (Upper) ffffac8fefa05060 \Driver\USBXHCI
AttachedTo (Lower) ffffac8feaf64060 \Driver\pci
Device queue is not busy.

Think there is a possible fix based on this info? I snooped around for problems related to USBHXCI and came up with possibly disabling the USB Selective Suspend. I will try that tonight when I have some free time to play some games and see if I still crash. I have flashed the BIOS already and still crashed, so unless there is a more recent flash than the one listed on the downloads tab on the Aorus website that won't fix it.

Thank you for your time.

EDIT:

Is this the most recent BIOS?

BUILD_VERSION_STRING: 17763.1.amd64fre.rs5_release.180914-1434
SYSTEM_MANUFACTURER: GIGABYTE
SYSTEM_PRODUCT_NAME: X5X7
SYSTEM_SKU: X5X7
SYSTEM_VERSION: Default string
BIOS_VENDOR: American Megatrends Inc.
BIOS_VERSION: FB0D
BIOS_DATE: 07/07/2017

BASEBOARD_MANUFACTURER: GIGABYTE
BASEBOARD_PRODUCT: X5X7

Hi @Phelanka7 - we have forwarded this information to a couple of our support team in HQ and await a response. @baloney may reply directly or we will receive info via email. Either way we will come back to you asap.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Hi @Phelanka7 - we have forwarded this information to a couple of our support team in HQ and await a response. @baloney may reply directly or we will receive info via email. Either way we will come back to you asap.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Thanks Atom.

One other thing of note... I tried updating the USB drivers using the files on the AORUS website for the X5v7 and the driver update software appears to be for an Asmedia USB Host Controller and it gives me an error saying "The Asmedia Host Controller was not found." If I look in my Device Manager there are no alerts so I would assume that all of those devices are "working," all BSODs aside. Is it possible that my machine is not stock for some reason? I bought it new from Newegg in June of this year.

Thanks for your help!

Associate
@Phelanka7 - Could we ask that you post a screenshot of you "Driver Update" utility so we can check what you have installed.

Thanks,

Re the above post #1988, tech team looking at this also.

Regards,

Team AORUS

I was not even aware of the Driver Update utility... Apparently there was a newer BIOS. Went ahead and flashed that. We'll see how things work this afternoon when I get home from work. I'll go ahead and post the SS in case you see anything else.
2gf9wbx

drivers.png

Thanks again for the help.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I was not even aware of the Driver Update utility... Apparently there was a newer BIOS. Went ahead and flashed that. We'll see how things work this afternoon when I get home from work. I'll go ahead and post the SS in case you see anything else.
2gf9wbx

drivers.png

Thanks again for the help.

OK - please update us after you have checked system, we will notify our HQ contacts to have a look when they arrive in the office in the morning (Taiwan time)

They will check the to see if anything else leaps out from Screenshot.

Thanks and look forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Is there a way to change the RAM that came with the system? I see empty slots where I can expand the system memory, but I don't see where the existing RAM is located.

Based on some memory dumps and some Microsoft MVP tech folks, they believe that one of the RAM modules is faulty.

Associate
hi, i got an issue with my keybaord keycaps wearing on my aorus x7 dt v8.
i got this laptop back in june and im surprised how fast these are wearing out.
i had an aorus x7 v4 for over 3 years and not once has the keycaps worn out like this, though those dont seem to have a painted layer like these do. it just seems to be flaking away from the keys surface.

im just wondering if it is at all possible to order a set of spare keycaps for this laptop? i dont want to have to send it off for an RMA for such a minor issue.

heres a picture (note A S D and C):
ekYOl8i.png

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
hi, i got an issue with my keybaord keycaps wearing on my aorus x7 dt v8.
i got this laptop back in june and im surprised how fast these are wearing out.
i had an aorus x7 v4 for over 3 years and not once has the keycaps worn out like this, though those dont seem to have a painted layer like these do. it just seems to be flaking away from the keys surface.

im just wondering if it is at all possible to order a set of spare keycaps for this laptop? i dont want to have to send it off for an RMA for such a minor issue.

heres a picture (note A S D and C):
ekYOl8i.png

HI @Xemnes, sorry to hear of this issue.

We think it is possible to replace the key caps on this model - we have asked HQ to confirm.

Can you send us your contact / postal details via a TRUST message and we will arrange to send you some FOC.

Regards,

Team AORUS.

Associate
awesome, thanks for that.
uh i assume you just mean pm, i will go ahead and do that now.
edit: never mind, ive figured it out :)

Last edited:
Associate
Purchased my X7 DT V7 16 months ago and the power supply has now packed in. That was replacing my Aorus X7 PRO that broke after 2 years (screen died). Seems the build quality on these things is really substandard because I'm not throwing my laptops about -- there isn't a scratch on other of them. No drops/falls/things that might provide a jolt.

Associate
oh whilst im here, id like to know about the status of the aorus fusion app being updated? i have several gripes regarding its functionality and i was told i would see an update soon (this was a few months ago).
i think the most frustrating issue is that the fn + volume or using the g keys for volume doesnt work in certain but most full screen games/apps.
the other issue is not being able to turn off certain g key colours like i could on my aorus x7 pro, its rather irritating having to cycle all the colours when i only use the blue and red colour sets.

my last issue is with bluetooth headsets being weird, i own a logitech headset (not sure what the model is) and a set of airpods.
both connect via bluetooth fine but theres this odd issue when any device either plugged into the headphone jack or bluetooth is set to anything lower than 24bit in default format (https://i.imgur.com/kN0o4RC.png) of sound settings, the beginning of any audio just doesnt play.
the worst thing is when watching youtube videos and i press the left or right keys to quickly skip through the video, that audio stops playing completely. i have to pause the video and wait 10 seconds then play the video again to hear the audio.
its like the realtek drivers or something in windows is causing audio to mute when there is no sound playing but forgets to turn on the sound again for the device when audio starts playing.
for headphones plugged into the jack, its fine as i can set it to 24bit, but for bluetooth headphones (the ones i have anyway) i cant set it to 24bit, theyre stuck at 16bit.
ive been trying to find a solution to this for a while but no luck so far, im putting it down to drivers. this doesnt happen on my old x7 pro.
just hoping i could perhaps find someone who could help me out with this and could help through discord or something.

Last edited:
Associate
I've seen a number of times where people have mentioned purchasing a new power supply, I have an X7 DT v7 (the 255w type) and I've been having issues where the PSU is intermittently cutting out. I've searched high and low and can only find the 230w versions on sale, does anyone know a place I can find the 255w version?

I've found this version of the Gigabyte US website: https://store.gigabyte.us/new-x250w-adpu-250w-power-adapter-with-us-power-cord/ but can't seem to find a UK version.

Any help would be appreciated!

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
I've seen a number of times where people have mentioned purchasing a new power supply, I have an X7 DT v7 (the 255w type) and I've been having issues where the PSU is intermittently cutting out. I've searched high and low and can only find the 230w versions on sale, does anyone know a place I can find the 255w version?

I've found this version of the Gigabyte US website: https://store.gigabyte.us/new-x250w-adpu-250w-power-adapter-with-us-power-cord/ but can't seem to find a UK version.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi @Mahjii - Sorry to hear of your problem. We are checking with HQ (closed until Monday), and copy our service partner on the communication to see if the PSU is available to purchase and what cost to you.

We will post again when we have reply, early part of next week, hopefully Monday.

Regards,

Team AORUS

Associate
Heyas. I bought one of the original X7DT's in June 16, this product according to my account:

Aorus X7 DT 17.3" IPS FHD G-SYNC, Intel Core i7-6820HK, GTX 980 8GB GDDR5 Gaming Laptop
LT-024-AU

I have just opened it up and gone to turn it on and its dead. like dead. no fans, no screen, not a flicker of light behind the power key, nothing.

Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong with it? Its been in my briefcase and its been brought on holiday with me ( I am in france at the moment on half term ) as I wanted photoshop and the rest of the CS6 suite along with the astrophotography toys.

This is deeply distressing! any suggestions welcome. The Power brick has a little light on it, and that's illuminated so I guess I am getting power as far as the brick but … HELP!

Back
Top Bottom