Aorus Owner's Lounge

Associate
Unfortunately that seems likely :mad:

So bored and grumpy ...really wish I'd bought an Alienware 17 R4 1080 last week.. .refurb with 15% at the time came to £1690 all in.

If that kinda deal crops up again soon with no news it's happening.

Ah phooey, anyone can get an Alienware discount, just phone them up and ask for it! ;)... Of course the problem with that is you would be stuck with an Alienware laptop :p Most definitely not a sweet piece of Aorus kit!

Associate
Unless you have an alternative I wouldn't :)

I've literally waited since the announcement at CES....which makes it pretty much 3 months without any further news other than not very positive news.

The issues raised seem to have been hardware components on the chassis but why that stops any news of models numbers and configurations I don't know. Let's advertise some new laptops.....great, what specs should we offer?.....no idea but hey ho nvm.......

Associate
Ive got a desktop with a 1070 for now and a Microsoft surface for when im moving about for now. Just no games unless im at home or move the desktop about with me which i can live with for a while.

Will take some time i'm sure to sell my X7 so might as well start now plus i need to research what price range i should ask which i may as well ask here lol

Any ideas on price for this :-

Just had brand new battery and shell and thermal pads and paste redone and new mouse pad

Aorus X7 Pro-SYNC v4 G-SYNC model
17.3" Gaming Laptop
Full HD (1920x1080) IPS screen
Intel Core i7 - 5850HQ Quad Core Mobile Processor
2x NVIDIA GTX 970M graphics cards in SLI (each card has 3GB dedicated Video RAM)
32GB RAM (4x 8GB DDR3-1866)
2x 512GB SSD in RAID 0 (Giving a boot drive of 1TB)
1TB 7200rpm HDD
6 Months left of Warranty

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
@waldaize @cyber_pantalaimon @orangeman2003 @JimboJet @Evansd

OK, so as promised, we have now got the first 3 models of "AORUS X5 V7" ranged and live on OcUK web-site (for pre-order):

Check them out here: AORUS X5 KabyLake Range

More details on the upgrades and improvements will be highlighted again soon, but the obvious ones are:
  • 7th Gen CPU
  • Thunderbolt 3
  • True island design keyboard (individual keys come through chassis, not one large whole for entire keyboard unit) - rigidity improved
  • Air Intake Vents on keyboard face of chassis - enabling improved cooling
  • Power button lit I white not orange
  • AORUS name on screen bezel
wYMtuOh.jpg
iQKqAOa.jpg
XLJEQCo.jpg
r3HDff6.jpg
We trust this answers some of your enquiries, and once again sorry for the delays,

Have a good weekend all,

Regards,

Team AORUS

Last edited:
Associate
Heh......i've busted your balls Atom80....all in good jest my friend so thank you for the specs. I'll be honest and say that the v7 specs aren't blowing me away and I'd rather not go for a 4k screen, I'll assume the 17" models stack up very similar. I think I'm going to go for the current V6 model https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...l-core-i7-6820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-02a-au.html ...with the OC discount that's one sweet price for a whole lotta kit :)

So you gonna see me right ....the offer of the bag still on the table? ;) Feel free to be as generous as you like :)

Associate
Hi Orangeman2003 - we expect to set these up in the next couple of weeks also, but for now we focus on X5 as these will come first.

Regards,

Atom80

I am after the higher model also. Presume it will be a bigger screen and 1080 card?

Are we talking a couple of weeks for specs or a couple of weeks for release?

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Heh......i've busted your balls Atom80....all in good jest my friend so thank you for the specs. I'll be honest and say that the v7 specs aren't blowing me away and I'd rather not go for a 4k screen, I'll assume the 17" models stack up very similar. I think I'm going to go for the current V6 model https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...l-core-i7-6820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-02a-au.html ...with the OC discount that's one sweet price for a whole lotta kit :)

So you gonna see me right ....the offer of the bag still on the table? ;) Feel free to be as generous as you like :)

Hi waldaize,

Its OK, the balls are here for busting :)

Yes of course the offer of the rucksack still stands - once you have made your purchase send us your invoice/order number, via trust or on forums and we will sort you out. You never know we may be feeling even more generous if the mood takes us :)

Did you notice that we added the AORUS K7 Mechanical keyboard as a bundle with that unit? :) ? (check the FREE Items)

We believe the discount on the model you are looking at ends on Wednesday morning (This Week Only Promo), so we look forward to hearing from you soon,

Regards,

Atom80

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
What's the response times on that 1080 IPS g-sync panel? I assume it's 60hz too?

Or at least the x5 v6 that Mistah bought with the 120hz panel. Excited now I'm pulling the trigger ...woot

Tried to find some detail of the x5 v7 screens...hz and response times. Anyone know?

Yes the screens if not 120Hz will have a manufacturers spec of 60Hz - however we generally find the performance is a decent amount higher that the "advertised" spec that we purchase them at.

We will check exact details specs for you during the working week, should you still require it. (but confident the above is correct - have just check our information we have to hand)

Hope that helps,

Atom80

Associate
Most promising to finally see some light on these units, thanks Atom80. A little disappointed to not see a 512gb ssd option on the 2880x1620 WQHD+ display equipped model. BF1 alone is fast approaching 51gb, new titles will no doubt be approaching similar proportions. Sure I can do aftermarket installs etc but its both hassle and not cost effective when I'm buying a machine now expecting it to last 3-4 yrs. Will have to wait for the X7v7 models before deciding.

Are there any reviews out there on these yet? Specifically to see if the thermal, noise and displays are much of an improvement versus the outgoing version 6 machines. Also, do the machines support switchable onboard graphics for longer battery life or does G-sync still screw that up?

Associate
Ordered the X5 V6 in the end....Mistah really likes his and the 120hz 5ms is more what I want from a screen. Can't see the mechanical keyboard with either that or the x7 mind you. I'll send over the order number tomorrow. Woot!

Associate
@Atom80 I've no idea how to use the Trust system. I assumed I clicked on Trust one of your replies, it asks me to login on the pop-up window to use my forum username/password and then tells me my passwords don't match....surprisingly I can't seem to find any real help/info on how it works. Have my order number ready for you :)

Back
Top Bottom