Aorus X7 v2 - Very wobbly keyboard

Associate
Buy another GS70 ...but buy the Stealth Pro with the 870M!

KB is a very nice SteelSeries one with FULL backlit Multicolour(or single color if you prefer) - (but I do not want to keep banging on about this...because...well...it upsets others.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-132-MS&groupid=959&catid=1828

Have a look - any questions, do not hesitate to ask!

ARJiBEAR
MSI Sales & Marketing Manager UK NB

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Atom, I'm thrilled to hear it. Appreciate you assuaging my fears and I'm excited to get my grubby mits on the x3. Thanks once again for responding promptly. Is shipping still on track for end July?

I will check shipping schedule with HQ and come back to you, hopefully tomorrow.

Thanks,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
tbh I would still go for X7 v2 for its real gaming performance and even got 3 x 128G SSD. GS70 is beautiful but can't really cach up with X7 v2's performance since it's a GTX870M card. Saw an MSI GT70 with GTX880M on the other website but it's ridiculously expensive...

Oh and just read a review on Expert Reviews and they said the touchpad and keyboard are excellent, so I assume it's a single case :)

Associate
Atom80: Unfortunately I'm not in a position to be able to take a gamble with £1750 of savings, plus I really wasn't sure ocUK would have been as helpful when I returned a second unit if the issue appeared there.
Even without the issue's with the abnormal flex, I don't think the keyboard has the premium feel that matches the build quality of the metal body.
I'll be eagerly waiting to see what other purchasers think of the keyboards on their units.

If there was anyway to test another unit I'd happily write a counter to this thread, but for now (I believe), I think it needs to stand.

I don't have anything against Gigabyte (had atleast 1 or 2 Gigabyte mobo's in previous desktops), nor will this dissuade me from buying Gigabyte's other products in future.

Scirocco: Yup ocUK did great, I've had 2 or 3 bundles, other random bits, plus my wife's MSI GS70 from them in the past 10 years. I've never had to use their customer service but when I did they were very clear, professional and business like. My card refund cleared in 1 working day.

Cheers,

Alex

Glad to hear they gave you a refund.

Associate
As for gaming on the go, how does SLI effect battery life 2 x GPU would in theory drain your battery quicker ?

Read the review and the battery doesn't last long as SLI doesn't support optimus. But I believe 90% of gamers will plug it on power. No gaming laptop in the world can survive 3 hours+ gaming under battery mode.

OcUK Staff
It certainly does! Not that clued up about the drivers tho! Remember play nice Steveybaby!!

xxxx

You are overstepping the mark as a forum rep for a vendor.

As reps you are only authorised to post in threads about your own product that you support, you are not here to comment positive or negative on other brands.

Continue to do so and you will be suspended from the OcUK forum and MSI reps will all be removed.

Be professional, this looks somewhat amateurish.

OcUK Staff
Hello there people

I have just checked the keyboard on this laptop as well and I cant seem to see any issue with it at all.

The laptop is absolutely fantastic and a cracking piece of kit.

Regards

Bailey

Last edited by a moderator:
OcUK Staff
Hi there

I have just tested this returned laptop in question as I seriously had my doubts having used a few X7's now.

This is what I have noticed:-
1. Mark on the chassis in the upper left corner where the keyboard retaining clips are, so maybe this was a rogue unit not installed correctly from factory or has being tampered with.
2. The keyboard has no flexing whatsoever and the F key does not wobble as demonstrated in previous video.

Bailey shall upload the video I took.

Now it is my gut feeling that either the customer received the unit and the keyboard was not fitted correctly or for whatever reason the keyboard was removed and then the video taken to show such big flexing and key wobbles to show an issue which simply does not exist.

The customer has been refunded but in short the unit we have back here has signs of tampering or in-correct installation at factory, but the keyboard is at present properly installed and demonstrates no flexing or key wobbles as per the OP's video, the videos are uploaded so you can see.

Man of Honour
You are overstepping the mark as a forum rep for a vendor.

As reps you are only authorised to post in threads about your own product that you support, you are not here to comment positive or negative on other brands.

Continue to do so and you will be suspended from the OcUK forum and MSI reps will all be removed.

Be professional, this looks somewhat amateurish.

I'm glad someone's said it, every thread seemed to be descending into some childish peeing match recently!

OcUK Staff
I'm glad someone's said it, every thread seemed to be descending into some childish peeing match recently!

Yes and it is the MSI reps who are baiting.

It will not be tolerated here, and you have my word one more step out of line and they will be gone, so feel free to report if you notice as such. :)

Compete by introducing and releasing new products and talking about your own product, don't compete by trying to discredit the competition, it is very amateurish and makes customers think what a bunch of wingnuts.

OcUK Staff
Hello

Myself and Gibbo have just had a further look at the laptop itself and have a 2nd video.

We have done our best to replicate the initial video uploaded by the thread op.

As you can clearly see there is no play or give within the keyboard at all, each key functions perfectly with no problem and the build quality is very high.

Upon closer inspection of the laptop keyboard it appears that there is a mark to where the keyboard has been lifted off its latches to unclip it. In doing this it would be flexible like it was in the OP video.

I have built a few laptops over the years and it definitely looks as this has been done as the wobbling and flexing would only happen when the keyboard is loose.

As the video shows above its completely rigid with no problem at all.

Yes we refunded our customer within the 14 day return DSR policy but there certainly isn't a fault with the unit.

I hope this clears up all this regarding the quality of the product as being honest with you this is one of the finest gaming laptops on the market. Nothing has been compromised in these units for quality and stability and I would really recommend purchasing one.

Even I will get one at my next pay day :)

Thanks

Bailey

Last edited by a moderator:
OcUK Staff
My hand is now famous and on the internets. :D

Hopefully this will put peoples minds at rest over Aorus quality and MSI reps have being warned about their conduct on these forums. :)

Associate
Certainly looks a lot better than the user video. Thanks for posting. Any news from gigabytes rep re expected shipping date of x3? Also, i hope the reps stay on the board as its good to have direct contact with them, although they were behaving like a couple of Jack-the-lads on occasion.

P.

OcUK Staff
Certainly looks a lot better than the user video. Thanks for posting. Any news from gigabytes rep re expected shipping date of x3? Also, i hope the reps stay on the board as its good to have direct contact with them, although they were behaving like a couple of Jack-the-lads on occasion.

P.

Just rang the rep, the shipping schedule for X3 is as follows, shipping from Taiwan 18th August to arrive with us around 25th of August at latest. :)

Associate
Just rang the rep, the shipping schedule for X3 is as follows, shipping from Taiwan 18th August to arrive with us around 25th of August at latest. :)

Thanks for the update - I figured 31 July was too good to be true given no other vendors globally think they'll be getting it until lateish August. I'll keep my preorder on given it looks a great little machine. Might be worth updating the x3 page on your website to give the new shipping date? Thanks again for the prompt response.

P.

Back
Top Bottom