Aorus X7 v2 - Very wobbly keyboard

Associate
OP
Gibbo / Bailey: I appreciate you guys taking the time to look at the Laptop in person.
I, as most people on this forum obsess over every purchase I make, taking time to read reviews, scouring forums, etc. I chose the Aorus for its excellent specification & portable (relatively speaking) design. I have however, noted several reviews where the keyboard is referred to as average or mediocre. I won't link to them here as I don't want to turn this into a ****ing match.

I brought it back with a legitimate fault and you guys lived up to your customer service reputation and I went away happy.

What now seems to be hinted at is that I've deliberately interfered with the unit to post a video about it? I'm sorry that's not the case. Even your own staff who examined the device when I returned it agreed with me.

Not so happy about being accused of foul play, I appreciate if you haven't been able to replicate the fault. Maybe it was loose and just needed snapping back into place. Personally I'm not going to do that to my brand new laptop and risk ******* it up.

Cheers guys, appreciate the respect as a long standing customer.

Alex

OcUK Staff
Gibbo / Bailey: I appreciate you guys taking the time to look at the Laptop in person.
I, as most people on this forum obsess over every purchase I make, taking time to read reviews, scouring forums, etc. I chose the Aorus for its excellent specification & portable (relatively speaking) design. I have however, noted several reviews where the keyboard is referred to as average or mediocre. I won't link to them here as I don't want to turn this into a ****ing match.

I brought it back with a legitimate fault and you guys lived up to your customer service reputation and I went away happy.

What now seems to be hinted at is that I've deliberately interfered with the unit to post a video about it? I'm sorry that's not the case. Even your own staff who examined the device when I returned it agreed with me.

Not so happy about being accused of foul play, I appreciate if you haven't been able to replicate the fault. Maybe it was loose and just needed snapping back into place. Personally I'm not going to do that to my brand new laptop and risk ******* it up.

Cheers guys, appreciate the respect as a long standing customer.

Alex

Alex or it is also a case of how I stated the unit was shipped faulty with the keyboard not properly clipped in, then as our staff have processed it they have without noticing actually caused the keyboard to click back in.

But the unit in our videos is your returned unit and as you can see there is no flexing to the extremes as in your video, I can guarantee you it is the same unit. :)

So I can only suspect it arrived to you and the keyboard was not properly installed, and in our process it must have being clicked back in place as the flex in your videos are no longer apparent in the video.

No hard feelings either way as Bailey wants to buy it on the cheap. :D

OcUK Staff
Yes I do want to buy it as its a gorgeous piece of kit.

I will have to have to B grade it though and hopefully Gibbo can sort me a special price on the unit as he's the man.

Actually come to think of it surely if me and Gibbo have both used the laptop it would be worth more haha.

Regards

Bailey

OcUK Staff
Lokisword / Alex

I've watched your video again and must say all laptops with the style of keyboard the Aorus uses do have some flex, its the nature of that type of hardware, it just looks extreme in your video I think because of how closely it is shot. It might be the flex is still the same on the unit now and because our videos are show from a distance the flexing looks minimal.

Yes the keyboard could be better but for me the Aorus has the total package, yes I'd also like metal keys too to make it absolute perfection, maybe something they can design into a future release. :)

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Thanks for the update - I figured 31 July was too good to be true given no other vendors globally think they'll be getting it until lateish August. I'll keep my preorder on given it looks a great little machine. Might be worth updating the x3 page on your website to give the new shipping date? Thanks again for the prompt response.

P.

We hope to get product earlier than this, but will confirm with HQ on Monday>
Thanks for you patience,,,,,

All good things,,,etc etc

Gigabyte UK NB Team

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
The examination on the returned unit had to take place today as the video originally posted was not what we at AORUS expect from the product.

It is greatly appreciated that service team were able to conduct the examination of the actual returned unit and video virtually the same scenario but with definite different results. This is very obvious when you look at the behaviour of the "F" key in both videos.

Bailey from RMA team conducted first test and then Gibbo wanted more accurate replication of LokiSword video to absolutely ensure there was no doubt.

LokiSword - it would have been great if we had been given the opportunity to keep you as a new member of the AORUS family but understand that you had concerns.

I trust that potential customers can now see from the videos produced today that their isn't a problem with the keyboard on this, or any other AORUS X7.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Atom80

In all fairness there is a little flex if you look for it, but as be seen today it's marginal and as expected.

All we can say is over 100 X7's sold and to my knowledge this is the first one returned due to the keyboard, it's an exceptional product but I would like a metal keyboard version to make it perfect if that's possible?

Associate
Atom80

In all fairness there is a little flex if you look for it, but as be seen today it's marginal and as expected.

All we can say is over 100 X7's sold and to my knowledge this is the first one returned due to the keyboard, it's an exceptional product but I would like a metal keyboard version to make it perfect if that's possible?

Even if it costs a bit more i think a lot of people would like to see this, at least as an option.

OcUK Staff
Even if it costs a bit more i think a lot of people would like to see this, at least as an option.

Yep and it would be unique to my knowledge as all the gaming laptops have plastic keyboards and as the Aorus chassis is so high-end a metal keyboard would suit it so we'll even if it added cost. :)

Caporegime
Yep and it would be unique to my knowledge as all the gaming laptops have plastic keyboards and as the Aorus chassis is so high-end a metal keyboard would suit it so we'll even if it added cost. :)

Hmm,to be honest I can't understand why any major laptop manufacturer would make metal keyboard keys... not only would you need to invest in tooling to cut and produce the keys, but maintaining a steady supply of them simply for one or two product lines would be very annoying. In short, it would require a separate infrastructure to the rest of their laptop line-up that uses plastic keys, and I can't see any tangible benefit it would bring other than potentially increasing replacement times.

Not to mention potential grounding issues from the metal keys...?

PS: Well done for getting the rep under control, the amateurish schoolboy bickering was indeed highly irritating to read in so many threads. :o

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Any news? Thanks!

P.

Sorry Mrpetrov - I think there was a post by Gibbo telling all of the shipping schedule, but in case you are still waiting, we hope that product leaves factory 18th August, so should be live with OCUK around the 21st August.

Sorry for delay in response and also arrival of product.

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom