Apex Legends BR

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Managed to spend some time playing with the settings last night and got the game to more playable state. The difference, even with Gsync, between 55-60 FPS and 80-100 is night and day. Very bizarre settings. Put everything to low on the game for GPU settings, game looks pretty awful and struggles. Use Geforce Experience for performance settings at 1440p and the game looks much clearer and runs 50% better. Made all the difference as we ended up with several back-to-back wins even after not playing for over a week!

Associate
Another tip is if you don't want to be jumpmaster at the start of the round but you are 3rd to pick your legend, don't click to select your character. If you let it auto select for you, the game assumes you are AFK and gives jumpmaster to one of the other 2 players at random.

Unless anything has changed you can just hold L Shift to give jump master away.

Soldato
Managed to spend some time playing with the settings last night and got the game to more playable state. The difference, even with Gsync, between 55-60 FPS and 80-100 is night and day. Very bizarre settings. Put everything to low on the game for GPU settings, game looks pretty awful and struggles. Use Geforce Experience for performance settings at 1440p and the game looks much clearer and runs 50% better. Made all the difference as we ended up with several back-to-back wins even after not playing for over a week!

Do you mean like in Geforce Experience where you can click to "Optimize for Game X" or whatever it is? I don't use it much... and do you leave the settings in game alone for this or what? I still feel like the game loses it's smoothness for me a bit right in the most heated gunfights with lots of things going on (which is also the worst possible time to not have everything moving smoothly)

Associate
Do you mean like in Geforce Experience where you can click to "Optimize for Game X" or whatever it is? I don't use it much... and do you leave the settings in game alone for this or what? I still feel like the game loses it's smoothness for me a bit right in the most heated gunfights with lots of things going on (which is also the worst possible time to not have everything moving smoothly)

I just borrowed Mendo's settings and I'm getting /very/ good results in terms of smoothness.

Create a file called autoexec.cfg in the Apex/cfg folder with the following in the file (make sure it's a .cfg file once created)
Code:
cl_forcepreload 0
mat_compressedtextures 1
cl_ragdoll_collide 0
fps_max 0

For the game launcher properties
Code:
+exec autoexec -fullscreen -novid -forcenovsync cl_forcepreload 0 mat_compressedtextures 1 cl_ragdoll_collide 0 fps_max 0

In game everything is set to low like this:

unknown.png

I'm playing at 2560x1440 and I average about 130 FPS on a GTX 1070.

Associate
Thanks for the above, will try that later.

I’m the same as Uncle Rufus - lovely and smooth till it kicks off then gets stutters. Not sure why exactly as I’m on vega 64 UW 1440p and get around 100fps on low anyhow so shouldn’t have that much of an impact in a fight, but it’s enough to make it seem like it’s lagging!

bJN

bJN

Soldato
Exactly that. I just clicked the little spanner next to optimize, changed the slider to performance and resolution to 2560x1440 and launched from there.

Permabanned
I tried the geforce experience optimisation last night, I put it 1 click towards performance rather than outright performance. Didnt really notice much graphical drop in quality but mostly getting 100fps+ @ 1440p which seems fine with gsync. :)

Biggest issue with randoms is either one or even both of them quit before the game starts (saying that had one win with a team of two and the other guy only slightly carried me :D )
Once downed they just quit rather than waiting to be recovered.
Rank and number of kills gives little indication to how good they are, but some with 500 plus kills seem to think they are gods gift till they get shot down and then bitch that no one helped, ignoring the fact they jumped and veered off to the other side of the map.

Soldato
I had a guy who nicely came back to recover me and bring me back insta-quit when he himself was downed :/
Went on to come second, who knows if we had 3....

I played a game the other day where one guy quit before we even dropped... the other guy split away during the drop and went straight into the hotzone and got swiftly taken out, then disconnected

Came 2nd... mostly through hiding and skulking through the map... I came across one other poor soul who was without squad and managed to win that fight, but otherwise I didn't encounter any other fighting until it was me vs. the fully kitted 3 man squad at the end. I had collected a ton of grenades and tried to play a cautious cheeky end game in case I might get lucky but it didn't work :p

Associate
Just downloaded this and surprised how good the gunplay is, much better than blackout imo which never felt right for long range encounters

There are a couple of things they need to change with gunplay - bullets are too slow, need speeding up slightly.
Wingman is well too overpowered, its a beast long and short range!

If EA fix the issues with PC crashes it's going to stay ahead of Fortnite for a long time... hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom