Apex Legends BR

Soldato
They could have had digital threats? Also bloodhound says Hi....

Hackers exist. But so do good players.

I'm kind of presuming everyone knows the basics of the game at this point. As I said, long distance and were not talking a team here, just the bangalore wiping everyone out. A team standing in smoke where you've been scanned is standard team play.

Last edited:
Associate
I've come across some ridiculously good aim in this game, but put it down to being exactly that (like if you watch some streamers, their accuracy is just plain scary!)

The only 100% hacker I've come across was using speed hacks, would literally fly across the map, hit us and then disappear, rinse/repeat till we all died. Googling his name showed a youtube video from a week prior showing him hacking...

Still finding my feet but had a 6 kill game yesterday and my first win just before that :) If anyone fancies some games at some point my in game name is the same as forum name :)

Soldato
There's a 4x to 10x digital threat scope?

Ha, maybe I don't know the basics! It's possible I suppose. How far does it highlight threats? Surprised I haven't seen this tactic before or since if its feasible. Edit - answering my own question, it's a legendary, no wonder.

Might actually jump on discord game is a lot of fun but every couple of games end prematurely because team mates disco or go rogue. Besides more fun in the comms games

Last edited:
Soldato
It's definitely more fun on Discord with others from here. I solo queued a load of games last night, partly because I absolutely suck and I'm trying to get my FPS edge back again after not playing any for years and years, and I don't want to queue up with others that I'd be working with that end up carrying me, but solo queueing really isn't fun at all. No help from team mates, they wander off in the wrong direction and don't even tell you they're going before they're long gone, leaving you on your own.

Perhaps those of us that suck at the moment can look at playing together a bit more rather than dragging the better players down?

Associate
Perhaps those of us that suck at the moment can look at playing together a bit more rather than dragging the better players down?
I'm terrible having never played FPS games before in my life beyond a bit of Half-Life 2 and the FEAR games. I almost literally can't hit anything for want of trying! (and I do try...have spent time at the range, and even downloaded Aimtastic from Steam). Obviously this is my first BR given no FPS experience....started playing on Sunday (couple of days ago) and I absolutely love it. Don't have a mic and am getting yelled at for being bad, and I'm also feeling bad that I'm a weak link, but I do my best to tag along and not do anything too stupid...although I do have a tendency to revive people in battle (stupidly) because I have no confidence in my combat ability. I also have no idea how the attachment system works, getting a feel for the guns (although my memory for this stuff is like a sieve and apart from a couple of standouts they blur into shoot shoot bang bangs).

The most fun I've had so far was a drop into a shanty town area with two more experienced players and a whole load of other teams. Couldn't find a weapon and was running scared from multiple baddies, sliding, jumping through windows and double backing....both team mates got killed whilst I was doing this...one disconnected immediately. In a sense I don't blame him because I was playing Lifeline and with 2 people hunting me and with no weapons I was pretty doomed...the other just sat there watching. And who'd thunk it, managed to hop, slide, vault and weave my way, weaponless, to recover a banner and raise my team mate who stuck with me. Felt like a hero for that...we made it to about 6th from the end, but it was the sweetest victory for me. Also loved being teamed with a hero who gave me a Kraber and just let me have fun....he carried the two of us to victory whilst I missed a lot.

Would love to have some people who are also terrible to play with rather than just soloing in the hope that people don't see my name and disconnect....how would one go about getting on board with that?

Soldato
Most people I've played with on discord are easy going, happy to play with any skill level and give tips. If you see me in discord just jump in (same username as here)

I played a few games with you a few weeks ago. I still suck just as much now as I did then!

And I totally agree that they're easy going, everyone has been really friendly and happy to help out and provide tips and assistance, but I still feel bad when I get carried. I guess I should be thinking that it's about having fun, not about being amazing at the game, and when you're talking to others and having a laugh, it's good fun anyway.

Soldato
I'm terrible having never played FPS games before in my life beyond a bit of Half-Life 2 and the FEAR games. I almost literally can't hit anything for want of trying! (and I do try...have spent time at the range, and even downloaded Aimtastic from Steam). Obviously this is my first BR given no FPS experience....started playing on Sunday (couple of days ago) and I absolutely love it. Don't have a mic and am getting yelled at for being bad, and I'm also feeling bad that I'm a weak link, but I do my best to tag along and not do anything too stupid...although I do have a tendency to revive people in battle (stupidly) because I have no confidence in my combat ability. I also have no idea how the attachment system works, getting a feel for the guns (although my memory for this stuff is like a sieve and apart from a couple of standouts they blur into shoot shoot bang bangs).

The most fun I've had so far was a drop into a shanty town area with two more experienced players and a whole load of other teams. Couldn't find a weapon and was running scared from multiple baddies, sliding, jumping through windows and double backing....both team mates got killed whilst I was doing this...one disconnected immediately. In a sense I don't blame him because I was playing Lifeline and with 2 people hunting me and with no weapons I was pretty doomed...the other just sat there watching. And who'd thunk it, managed to hop, slide, vault and weave my way, weaponless, to recover a banner and raise my team mate who stuck with me. Felt like a hero for that...we made it to about 6th from the end, but it was the sweetest victory for me. Also loved being teamed with a hero who gave me a Kraber and just let me have fun....he carried the two of us to victory whilst I missed a lot.

Would love to have some people who are also terrible to play with rather than just soloing in the hope that people don't see my name and disconnect....how would one go about getting on board with that?

Don't worry about the weapons, it does take some getting used to, especially when there are so many options. It'll come.

Have you joined the OcUK Discord yet? Get yourself a headset with a mic, and join up. Hell, even without a mic, join up for now and you can at least listen to others that do have a mic. That would definitely be a good idea :) There are multiple Apex rooms available with a maximum of 3 players per room, and there are always people playing, so just jump in :)

Caporegime
I find digital threats surprisingly common.

1x Digital threat scopes aren't hugely common but they do exist. The Sniper 4-10x ones I've only ever seen from a game supply drop.

And really, don't worry about being pants. I am, and I've yet to have anyone actually say so or refuse to play with me. Yet anyway. The OCUK group are very laid back and easy going! If we win, we win. If we don't we have a laugh and can start another match in 10-15 seconds.

Back
Top Bottom