Apex Legends BR

Soldato
Finally had a great game with two randoms for my last match of the night. Everyone was pinging things, dropping loot which other people needed etc. Two of us ended up with the Mastiff and the other had digital threat optics on both weapons. The last enemy squad was holed up in a building. Popped my smoke and instantly the Blood Hound pinged the enemies, ult'ed and we burst in from two sides. Fight lasted about 3 seconds...Victory! Sometimes it all clicks and comes together without a word being said.

I find this with randoms... particularly the "all comes together without a word being said" then on the winning screen everyone comes alive with cheering and gg's on the mic :p

Soldato
The ones you're talking about are just weapons someone has equipped a gold skin for, and have either been swapped out for something better or have been left in their loot box after dying. A weapon with a gold skin has zero advantage over one with any other skin.

It's more than a gold skin though, for example, a gold wingman has a golden portrait in the bottom right with "gold" attachments although I believe it still uses heavy ammo.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRMUaeziNXk skip to 11:55 and you'll see it.

Soldato
Mastiff and Kraber = loot drop only (Lifeline ult excluded)

Golden weapons are obtained from high loot areas marked with a blue circle at the start of the game, although not guaranteed, and from golden loot robots.

Golden weapons have all the attachments already and they can't be changed. You can find golden guns outside of the hot zone but it's very rare.

Last edited:
Associate
Yet players like this go undetected

So that 355k is only a fraction of the amount of actual cheaters

Considering theres no built in report function and the game has been out just over a month I'd say its ok.
Don't get me wrong I would like all cheaters gone but the only options are more invasive anti cheat software
or some kind of AI that watches the games in real time or studies a replay that can figure out who's legit and who's hacking.

Associate
Nice playing with Andy and NutNut last night. As everyones talking about gold weapons, I came across the gold wingman last night for the first time. It was in a gold robot. Gave it one of the lads I was playing with so no idea how it performs.

Prefer a r301 and eva 8 combo any day of the week.

Soldato
Had my first go at this a few nights back. I really do not likely BR games over, Fortnite and especially PUBG were just not really any fun for me

playing this in a squad with 2 work colleagues I found myself really enjoying myself despite being cannon fodder a lot of the time lol

Associate
Maybe when identified as cheaters (by hardware /Mac address possibly ) rather than banning them and them just signing up under a new name, they should be sorted out on match connections to cheaters only matches / servers. That way they don't see they've been caught as such... And it's more managed, and a bit of own medicine served.

Edit: apparently they did that with titanfall

I'm now wishing there was a way to play the map solo so you could explore and learn it and practise a little.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
(by hardware /Mac address possibly )

Isn't quite that easy. MAC addresses are used for communication between devices on the same LAN. They aren't used for an end to end connection across a layer 3 network (the Internet), IPs are. Even if they were, changing one's MAC is child's play at this point, Windows 10 even has built in MAC address randomisation now.

The stealth ban is a good idea, although there would likely be telltale ways of working it out through looking at the network traffic. It may be enough to discourage people from bothering though.

All I know is, cheating can't be that common because I can still get wins despite being pretty terrible :D

Soldato
All I know is, cheating can't be that common because I can still get wins despite being pretty terrible :D

It's not common in terms of %, say around 5% of population will use a cheat, but when you look at hard numbers 5% of 50million players is 2.5million players who cheat which is basically an entire city of a well developed nation or an entire very small nation :D

Man of Honour
I doubt it can even be close to that. 5% is 1 in 20. 1 in 20 squads is cheating... that would mean you'd be playing against one every game... no?

Yeah, it's got to be more like just under 1%, given that Respawn have banned 355,000 players as of yesterday and the player count is now beyond 50mil.

Back
Top Bottom