*** Apple Event Tuesday 8th March 2022 @ 18:00 UK: 'Peek Performance' ***

Soldato
I probably would as well. I’d move from an iMac to a Mac mini.

Same. Would allow us to keep the monitor and replace the Mini a lot more regularly rather than keeping an iMac for years and years.

I'd be looking to run two of them off a 27" iMac for tripple-screen goodness.

I often find with dual monitors that I could do with an extra screen.

Three portrait 27" would be great!

Soldato
I probably would as well. I’d move from an iMac to a Mac mini.

So would I. It’s finding the right screen that’s the problem. There aren’t any 5K screens out there and I’m not dropping to 4K. You can say many things about Apple but they do produce quality screens!

Soldato
So would I. It’s finding the right screen that’s the problem. There aren’t any 5K screens out there and I’m not dropping to 4K. You can say many things about Apple but they do produce quality screens!

5K has proven very difficult for manufacturers (other than Apple) to market. We're at a time where people are conditioned to equate 4K to "maximum sharpness", hell you even hear people saying 4K is too much for anything smaller than 32 inches.

This only changes when 8K TVs become mainstream, so people will begin to equate 8K with maximum sharpness and consider 4K to be something inferior, and that should trickle down to monitors. 4K monitors only became common after 4K TVs became common. Until then, manufacturers prefer useless stuff like HDR400 certification over better pixel density.

It really sucks for those of us who love high PPI screens, and iMacs are the most cost-effective ways to get them right now.

Soldato
Lots of rumours from all the usual sources (including Gurman) about the new screen being announced tomorrow. Quite exciting, even though pricing is likely in the $2500+ region so most of us won't be buying them. Here's to hoping Apple won't make the panel exclusive so that we'll see other manufacturers use it for more reasonably priced options.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom