Poll: Apple iPad Pro

Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
It’s not quite that simple, a Surface is dire when it comes to using it with touch input only. I’m not just saying that, I actually own one and use it daily.

Edit: snap!

Associate
Received my magic keyboard yesterday for 11 inch. Have to say it’s a lovely bit of kit, keyboard and trackpad are spot on. The only downfall is price and the weight, it’s really heavy and you notice it. I nearly didn’t buy it because of the cost alone but the quality is amazing and so nice on the lap and typing on. Also feels nice the naked feel of the iPad again when I pop it up to draw etc.

Soldato
Received my magic keyboard yesterday for 11 inch. Have to say it’s a lovely bit of kit, keyboard and trackpad are spot on. The only downfall is price and the weight, it’s really heavy and you notice it. I nearly didn’t buy it because of the cost alone but the quality is amazing and so nice on the lap and typing on. Also feels nice the naked feel of the iPad again when I pop it up to draw etc.

My pros coming this morning and I'll be picking up the keyboard next month (apples saying its out of stock till then)

I'm thinking the weight is actually a good thing? Ipads are top heavy, so hopefully the weight of the keyboard counteracts this somewhat

Can it be used in bed? or does it feel like it wants to tip over?

Soldato

I bought a smart folio with the intention of sending it back once the keyboard arrives. After reading reviews and your post I've decided that I will keep both and swap as the need arises.

Soldato
My pros coming this morning and I'll be picking up the keyboard next month (apples saying its out of stock till then)

I'm thinking the weight is actually a good thing? Ipads are top heavy, so hopefully the weight of the keyboard counteracts this somewhat

I’d watch iJustines two videos if you want to see some scenarios of it in use.

Soldato
Multitasking on the IPad is awful

sometimes it works, sometimes it thinks I’m trying to put an icon from the dock to the desktop

Also, how can you have the music app on one side whilst having a Skype conversation as the music window either covers the text box or the message post button

Associate

Ordered the magic keyboard case from Currys yesterday and it arrived today, its really nice - pretty much transformed the iPad.

Associate
Ordered the magic keyboard case from Currys yesterday and it arrived today, its really nice - pretty much transformed the iPad.

I have the ipad pro 2020 with Apple's standard black case which cost £99 and I think for the money that case is more than double overpriced for the quality. I've been thinking about one of these magic keyboards and using it as a docking station and then swapping out to the case when i'm moving around. Do you think it's worth justifying the £350 price tag?

Soldato
What cases for the iPad 11 do people use? I’m looking for a slim, premium shell - something carbon fibre? Don’t want the folio cover thing or pencil holder.

Cant seem to find anything like what you’d have on a phone

Associate
What cases for the iPad 11 do people use? I’m looking for a slim, premium shell - something carbon fibre? Don’t want the folio cover thing or pencil holder.

Cant seem to find anything like what you’d have on a phone

I like the Otterbox symmetry case, I wish I had bought that for my ipad but if I am going to be swapping my ipad in and out of the magic keyboard dock then it makes sense to get the apple case.

Soldato
I like the Otterbox symmetry case, I wish I had bought that for my ipad but if I am going to be swapping my ipad in and out of the magic keyboard dock then it makes sense to get the apple case.

Ztotopcase magnetic from amazon

ignore the lightening stuff on it, it’s plain in real life

I’ve also ordered an esr rebound slim smart case and a procase sleeve bag

Last edited:
Associate
Ztotopcase magnetic from amazon

ignore the lightening stuff on it, it’s plain in real life

I’ve also ordered an esr rebound slim smart case and a procase sleeve bag
I’ve got the ztotopcase coming tomorrow! Thought it looked decent for the price. Had a couple of official cases for my Air 2 but swore I would resist paying that much again.

Associate
I have the ipad pro 2020 with Apple's standard black case which cost £99 and I think for the money that case is more than double overpriced for the quality. I've been thinking about one of these magic keyboards and using it as a docking station and then swapping out to the case when i'm moving around. Do you think it's worth justifying the £350 price tag?

I really like the magic keyboard, the build quality is excellent and the track pad is as good as using a MacBook Pro, when I first got the iPad I went for the same cover as you and immediately regretted it although never sent it back (wish I did now), this does feel worth the the money and I do not regret paying that much for it.

Whether its actually worth £350 is another matter, I’d say no although I don’t regret paying it as I like it so much.

Does that make sense ? lol

Back
Top Bottom