Poll: *** The Official 2024 iPad thread (the Pro has the M4 chip and everything!) ***

Which 2024 iPad are you going to buy?

• Total voters
Soldato
OP
It would be nice if Apple updated the AirPods Max as well as transitioned things like the Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad to USB-C. I am not entirely sure why it's taking them so long to do so but it appears that's not happening any time soon.

Soldato
It would be nice if Apple updated the AirPods Max as well as transitioned things like the Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad to USB-C. I am not entirely sure why it's taking them so long to do so but it appears that's not happening any time soon.

The demand just isn’t there for it. People who want them will buy them regardless, so may as well try to ship 90%+ of the stock before making a newer one.

Soldato
I agree - I couldn’t care less about the connector. I have plenty of lightning cables and USB-C are common and cheap too. I’d rather see the max’s updated with the H2 chip and features from the Pro 2’s as well as perhaps some weight savings and please please a new case…

Soldato
This is just wild speculation on my part and is probably completely wrong but if Apple release an iPad Pro on the 7th with an M4 chip they are unlikely to release an M3 Max / Ultra with the Mac Studio at WWDC so either they skip this year and release the M4 Max / Ultra in 2025 or they bring forward the M4 versions or the Mac Studio to either WWDC or another event with new Macs.

Man of Honour
Some suggestions of an iPad specific M3X type chip rather than a full jump to M4 but will be interesting to see.

Noticed that some of the usual suspects in case manufacturing have iPad Pro 2024 13 Inch listed so maybe a slight bump in screen size for this one.
I've love one but expecting a cost increase; its already over not that far off £3000 for a 1TB/5G model with a pencil and magic keyboard - I can't justify that for a device that I can't do my day to day job with

Soldato
Some suggestions of an iPad specific M3X type chip rather than a full jump to M4 but will be interesting to see.

Noticed that some of the usual suspects in case manufacturing have iPad Pro 2024 13 Inch listed so maybe a slight bump in screen size for this one.
I've love one but expecting a cost increase; its already over not that far off £3000 for a 1TB/5G model with a pencil and magic keyboard - I can't justify that for a device that I can't do my day to day job with

Yeh, that’s just an utter insane price.

I wouldn’t mind going without the pencil but I couldn’t now cope without the MK.

Soldato
OP
Not long to go now, ladies and gentlemen.

If there is going to be a price increase, let's hope it is minimal because that price is ridiculous already. Wowzers!!!

Soldato
Yeh, that’s just an utter insane price.

I wouldn’t mind going without the pencil but I couldn’t now cope without the MK.
This is why I got the base M1 MacBook Air. It was on sale for £900 and you can do everything you can do on an iPad and more. Don't get me wrong I still have an iPad but it is primarily for reading, music and the odd bit of web browsing. Most tasks though I do on the Air.

Associate
I'm hoping for a New iPad Air. My wife trusted our 2 year old with her 4th gen and RIP screen.
I don't know why but in my mind that read as "My 2 year old trusted my wife with it and RIP screen.

I am dying for a new ipad pro. I got a M1 ipad pro on released and loved it but for some crazy reason I got rid of it. I have been itching to get one ever since.

I loved the whole Ipad pro and Apple magic keyboard. I could have been happy as a pig in poo using that setup as my Apple fix.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am dying for a new ipad pro. I got a M1 ipad pro on released and loved it but for some crazy reason I got rid of it. I have been itching to get one ever since.

My 2018 Pro has developed its first issue, a screen issue, looks like potentially either damage or a cluster of dead pixels, but it's on the very edge so ignorable for the moment. Honestly, whilst the tech in me would love a new iPad Pro, I use zero of the pro features, I really wish I did but my tech needs seem to be declining more and more away from the desktop. Assuming nothing else goes wrong with the screen, I can see myself getting another 3-4 years out of the 2018 easily.

Associate
My 2018 Pro has developed its first issue, a screen issue, looks like potentially either damage or a cluster of dead pixels, but it's on the very edge so ignorable for the moment. Honestly, whilst the tech in me would love a new iPad Pro, I use zero of the pro features, I really wish I did but my tech needs seem to be declining more and more away from the desktop. Assuming nothing else goes wrong with the screen, I can see myself getting another 3-4 years out of the 2018 easily.
Before I had the M1 version of the ipad pro. I had a 2018 version and loved it. I mean I am no pro user. But I used it everyday non stop. I watch youtube, listen to spotify, etc the normal everyday person usage. I get it, if you are a professional you get the pro version and then normal everyday Joe Bloggs can use the Air version but for some reason I just gravitated to the Ipad pro.

And out of all the Apple devices I have owned including imacs, various mac mini's inc the M1 and various Macbooks (M1 also) the ipad pro was my fave device by far and while the others were more versatile in what they could do and were very good. I just found myself using the Ipad pro more. I could get the new one and just use it for donkeys years as I love Ipad pro's so much.

Associate
Im the same, I have the 2018 Pro and the 2023 Pro and there is little to no difference between them in terms of what I use them for. I think this is a big issue for Apple. The vast majority of people dont need the power of the biggest Ipads and you could argue that the ipads themselves dont harness that power anyway. For most its a consumption device and you can do that for years on the basic models.

Unless Apple move the goalposts completely in terms of what the iPad can do (AI anyone?) I'm not sure who is buying based on todays announcement unless they have a natural replacement need and then they just buy the most appropriate for their needs rather than a burning desire to have the latest one.

Back
Top Bottom