Apple refusing to repair IPad due to minor screen damage? Any experience/advice?

Soldato
OP
Interesting... going forwards and looking at device cover. Household insurance has an excess of £350 So almost pointless claiming on things like phones and iPads.

3rd party companies seem to charge £60 or so a year per device, which you then have to start wondering if it adds up value wise.

Hmmm...

Soldato
My home insurance only has £100 excess but I still wouldn’t bother claiming for a £300 iPad because you’ll not gain anything with the increased premiums for 3-5 years and excess.

Permabanned
That iPad could have been dropped (I am not saying it has been here) which caused the malfunction and the crack in the corner. They are very fragile. All of their devices are. They don't force people to buy them and they not cheap things to repair properly especially when it comes to a logic board + screen or any other parts for that matter.

Associate
i had a large crack across my screen but had applecare plus so took it i expecting to pay the excess but he said that because he couldn't find any impact damage the replacement was free and a bonus switched it on and got a years free appletv +

Soldato
i had a large crack across my screen but had applecare plus so took it i expecting to pay the excess but he said that because he couldn't find any impact damage the replacement was free and a bonus switched it on and got a years free appletv +
Would be because the crack was single hairline

Soldato
Ok... Seems like I should admit defeat and for an easier life just pay up.

Obviously just frustrating a tiny chip to the screen done a year ago, which is nothing to do with the hardware problem now, allows JL/Apple to get another £290 out of me for their faulty hardware!

It's a shame, but how can you prove the iPad was dropped a year ago, yes you know this, but Apple can't be sure that you didn't just drop it recently and the internal fault was caused by the drop.

Back
Top Bottom