Apple September Event - 12th September 2023 @ 18:00 BST

Soldato
Does it bring anything else to the party, or is it just USB-C?

I charge mine off of my watch 7 charger and just alternate between my watch and airpods as I don't charge them both at the same time...
From MKBHD, the pro version of the phone, has faster transfer speeds.

Edit: Misread ignore:o

Last edited:
Soldato
I don’t pay for mine either but my allowance isn’t as generous!

In other news it looks like the magsafe duo and battery packs have been discontinued.

To be replaced with a USB-C one, tom
We've got enough tree's afaik, we've now got more tree's than we've had for a long time, because everyone's solution, is to plant more trees, but, people arent using wood as much as they used too..
Theres also the bit about tree's not being the best way to pull carbon out of the air, there's sea grasses and stuff like that, but from a PR POV you can see a tree easier than sea grass, so we plant tree's instead because looking like you are doing the right thing is usually more aesthetically pleasing than actually doing the right thing...
Yeh I agree but it was said tongue-in-cheek

Soldato
So, all caught up..

Still torn on the phone front, I have the 12 currently though so upgrading for me brings more than some of those that are coming from last years models, I might wait until one of the guys at work gets his 15 Pro Max and see if they are a bit too large, I don't really do media consumption on my phone, that's what the iPads for, cameras on the base 15 are still better than i have, and if I go down the Barclays route then the difference over 2 years on any of the phones doesn't make any noticeable difference tbh..

Watch, I've got a 7, the 9 and Ultra 2 don't do anything for me.

Airpods case, not bothered about USB-C on that..

So, just a phone, maybe...

Associate
Not into Apple or new phone stuff at all but the ray tracing A17 pro got me to take a closer look. Interesting to see them put the focus on graphics in addition to the usual power and efficiency upgrades. Impressive get for the current gen console games but are the f2p/mtx crowd really going to go back to one off premium prices again?

Soldato
The only thing I'm wondering about with these big game blockbusters, is how many GB do they take to download and is iOS good at handling 20-odd GB (guess) installs?
Probably not, don’t forget all the 4K/high res textures will be stripped out. These will probably be rendered at 720p or an equivalent on a phone screen.

Soldato
So as underwhelming as this launch was at least we can look forward to apple inventing USB3 next year for the iPhone 16 to much fanfare and fanboy worship.

Every cloud and all that.

Soldato
No word of a lie, but my Apple Watch Series 5 died literal minutes before the start of the event.

It was on 17% battery, put it on charge, it turned off and hasn't turned back on since - it's seemingly in an endless boot loop.

A strange coincidence :D Won't be replacing it though any time soon, as I don't really get any value out of it. Especially since the battery life tanked on it.

I used to get 4 days out of a single charge but it's down to about a day and a half now.

Associate
Ultimately I decided to order a 15 pro max but now I’m wondering if I’ve made a mistake as even though my iPhone 11 Pro Max is showing its age. I know could soldier in for another year.

I’d also like an Apple Watch ultra 2 but I’ll wait as they tend to drop in market price quite fast.

Back
Top Bottom