Apple September Event - 12th September 2023 @ 18:00 BST

Soldato
What colours people going for? I have a feeling anything other than the natural titanium will show wear quickly despite whatever marketing malarky they put out about how many hours it takes to apply.

Natural for me, reminds me of some of the early titanium MacBooks. Nice retro vibes.

Soldato
Caporegime

Top one in the list, currently at £51 cashback.

Thanks, just checked…I’m still in my 24m the contract! I think 6months left.

Last edited:
Soldato
How does the Barclays Finance option work in terms of the 'Choose to upgrade your iPhone whenever you want' section? Is this different to the iPhone Upgrade Programme?

Soldato
How does the Barclays Finance option work in terms of the 'Choose to upgrade your iPhone whenever you want' section? Is this different to the iPhone Upgrade Programme?

Yes its a straight 24 month interest free credit deal with or without AppleCare - so you can sell the phone and pay off the credit when ever you want.

Not even sure if they do IUP any more.

Soldato
What colours people going for? I have a feeling anything other than the natural titanium will show wear quickly despite whatever marketing malarky they put out about how many hours it takes to apply.

I’m going for that natural one because I think it looks the best.

I’m also, seriously considering getting the max this time!!!

Soldato
Going for the max, undecided on colour but probably natural for a change from my blue pro 12. Any idea when the get ready for pre order thing goes live / let’s you do the credit check if using Barclays so you’re ready to just go on Friday.

Soldato
Going for the max, undecided on colour but probably natural for a change from my blue pro 12. Any idea when the get ready for pre order thing goes live / let’s you do the credit check if using Barclays so you’re ready to just go on Friday.
Supposed to be at some point today, but may end up being early tomorrow for the UK.

Soldato
This, what a waste of time, effort and money this scene was.

Just use that money to plant more trees.

We've got enough tree's afaik, we've now got more tree's than we've had for a long time, because everyone's solution, is to plant more trees, but, people arent using wood as much as they used too..
Theres also the bit about tree's not being the best way to pull carbon out of the air, there's sea grasses and stuff like that, but from a PR POV you can see a tree easier than sea grass, so we plant tree's instead because looking like you are doing the right thing is usually more aesthetically pleasing than actually doing the right thing...

Associate
The fact that companies can 'buy' carbon credits shows how seriously climate change is taken...
This is likely what was done. I'd imagine that those solar farms already existed and were just acquired - maybe they built the renewable solutions for the factories though.

Soldato
Haha “we’re forced to use USB C” but we think it’s great

Standard Apple that though..
USB-C is a nice connector, but I actually prefer the lightning connector itself, just a shame its not been updated to support faster speeds etc.
I have seen the centre pin broken in devices before, with lightning you don't get that..

Soldato
We've got enough tree's afaik, we've now got more tree's than we've had for a long time, because everyone's solution, is to plant more trees, but, people arent using wood as much as they used too..
Theres also the bit about tree's not being the best way to pull carbon out of the air, there's sea grasses and stuff like that, but from a PR POV you can see a tree easier than sea grass, so we plant tree's instead because looking like you are doing the right thing is usually more aesthetically pleasing than actually doing the right thing...
This, also the issue with trees is that they are generally planted in Forrest’s for the purpose of chopping them down in 50-60 years to be burnt or used in construction etc.

If you plant a tree to offset carbon, you can’t ever use it for any other purpose. If you do, you release the embedded carbon.

Back
Top Bottom