Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Soldato
If I remember correctly the Aquaero 6 can supply 30W per channel. That's enough for even the loudest best of pumps I'm aware of. If you're running of most fan controllers they cannot handle the power requirement so speed control independent of power supply is essential for them. The Aquaero could control such a pump either directly or by PWM with separate power supply.

Associate
Set point and delta T

I've got pwm fans on my rad. They are controlled well by a curve controller using a delta T virtual sensor (water-air temp).

When I use a set point controller, the fans go haywire . With a current delta T of 5 degrees, I set a desired temperature of 10 delta T. The output goes to 0 percent (as it should) but the pwm fans ramp up to full speed.

Any clues anyone?

Last edited:
Associate
I've got pwm fans on my rad. They are controlled well by a curve controller using a delta T virtual sensor (water-air temp).

When I use a set point controller, the fans go haywire . With a current delta T of 5 degrees, I set a desired temperature of 10 delta T. The output goes to 0 percent (as it should) but the pwm fans ramp up to full speed.

Any clues anyone?

Sorted!

Hold min speed needed to be ticked. These bitspower phoenix pwms need a minimum speed demand or they ramp up to full speed

Sem

Sem

Soldato
Hi all just a quick question about the Aquaero 5/6

if i setup the fan curves by water temp up in the software can save it to the device and it will still work even if the software isn't running

Soldato
Hi all just a quick question about the Aquaero 5/6

if i setup the fan curves by water temp up in the software can save it to the device and it will still work even if the software isn't running

Yes, it'll run autonomously once programmed. You can - if you have a screen on the Aquaero - program it without connecting to a PC but it's a lot easier to connect and install the software....and you get pretty graphs too!
One thing to bear in mind is that you should download the latest version of the software and install that before programming everything as it seems to wipe out some of your setup when it updates the firmware.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
awesome will order today

i have a 420 rad and a 240 rad push pull so thats 10 fans total and they are all true pwm fans

should i go for a 5 or 6

i am i right in the 5 does do true pwm

i dont really care much for the display but dont mind paying more for the 6 if it does what i want

Soldato
If I remember correctly, the 5 has one PWM port (4-pin) and 3 non-PWM (3-pin) ports that do only voltage regulation. The 6 has four PWM (4-pin) ports that do both.

Associate
Thanks a lot guys for the responses. A couple more questions then:

1. Does the A6 allow for fans to have power supplemented to them rather than supplying power itself? Ie can it only supply a speed signal? The other reason I'm using the 5-way splitter was that it allowed a neater cable run and I didn't want to have to use lots of extenders and y-splitters to reach from fans to a6

2. I tried unplugging the 5-way molex connection, and powered on system, but the other fans still did not rotate at all.

3. Erik I tried your suggestions again but still I can't get channels 2-4 to rotate, and therefore cannot programme rpm.

4. Jasonmorris, can you explain what you mean by jumping around? As far as I'm aware the 5 fans on the Akasa 5-way are all receiving / outputting only one signal.
On the Akasa I bought a while ago they all supplied an RPM signal so it jumps about in the software. I use modmytoys 4,6 and 8 way fan splitters. Normal fan cables go into PWM splitter, which is easy to hide, and then just one normal size cable to the Aquaero - no massive bundle of cables like the Akasa. Also, no need for a molex as they Aquaero supplies all the power.

Am a bit stuck for ideas. Even when ruling out the 5-way splitter and it's own molex power supply, the other fans should work as far as I can tell.

Is there anything about y-splitters that A6 doesn't like, any compatibility issues?

Thanks guys

Associate
I use modmytoys 4,6 and 8 way fan splitters.

I have those too, they are incorrectly built, you cant mix RPM signals from several sources.

What you need to do is to cut the RPM copper lane on those splitters after first fan connector, so the horizontal connector RPM pin is only attached to the first fan.

Associate
They are correctly built just not designed specifically for an Aquaero.
Just bend the pins out of the way. No need to score the bottom of the PCB.

No they're not, mixing more than one rpm signal will always produce an incorrect reading. This is why all splitters (should) only have the rpm signal connected to one of the fan connectors.

Associate
Guys,

Completely simple question here where in aquasuite to you setup a fan curve? Basically just want to increase / decrease fan speed based on sensors (got the sensor bit working) and for the life in me I cannot see it the software....

Soldato
Guys,

Completely simple question here where in aquasuite to you setup a fan curve? Basically just want to increase / decrease fan speed based on sensors (got the sensor bit working) and for the life in me I cannot see it the software....

Click on the section for your Aquaero on the left (I've called mine System Controller), then click on "Controllers" from the dropped down menu, then click the big plus "+" icon at the top right next to the word "Outputs". I can't remember if there's already one set up by default.

Associate
I am a recent watercooler adopter and have set up as follows - 360 rad with 3 (120mm) fans (under rad on inside top of case 'fan > rad > case' exhaust) and 4 (140mm) 1 bottom (intake) 2 front (intake) and 1 rear (exhaust)

The loop is Pumpres combo > CPU > Radiator > GPU and back

The 4 chassis fans go into a fan controller all running at 600 RPM

The 3 at the top i am using Speedfan and they connected to my phantec primo PWM controller and have that going into my Mobos CPU PWM

When idle or watching movies etc my 3 top fans i have running at about 700 RPM and temps stay at around 26-30 idle/low load for CPU and 23 GPU idle

My question is, is it really worth me getting an Aquaero? Can it be set to automatic or configured to get faster at certain temps and would it be better to connect all fans to it instead of the Phantec PMW splitter (even though i use the speedfan software) ?

Associate
OP
Hi guys , i have bought the EK dual ddc pump with pwm (2) i have connected one pump to fan header 1 and the other to fan header 2. i have set the pumps(both) to pwm. how do i set it to say 30% speed. please.

In the fan section of aquautie i have set them both to pwm.
What shoudl the other settings be set to ie:

minimum power % and voltage
hold minimum power
minimum power % and voltage

use start boost duration
start boost power % and voltage
Programmable fuse

In controlers i have done x2 preset values but they are still running at 4504 rpm with 12 volts power is at 87% current = 0

Have i set them up incorrect ?

Any help woudl be great

EDIT: i should add i have the aquareo pro 6:
Also i have added x2 fan splitters to each of the fan head 3 and 4 but i am not resieving any rps information is this common using fan slitter cables ? all my fans are 3 pin .

the way i have connected my fans is this way.
480 rad has x4 noisbloacker fans(3 pin) connected to a x4 fan slitter cable(to connect all 4 fans to one final cable) then i have used an extension cable and connected them to fan header 3
same with the 360 rad and one fan connected to fan header 3.
x2 front fans and one rear fan connected to another fan splitter cable then connected to fan header 4. is there any of way of doing this ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom