Aqua Computer Aquaero Owners thread

Associate
Hi All, I've just installed my AC6Lt and Aquaero software, and in the process of getting my head round it all ! :)
So sorry for the raft of incoming newb questions :)

First one ... how can i manually control my fans so that I can find their maximum RPM ? >> This is purely so that i can set the range correctly in the gauges and charts for displaying on my second monitor.

In the xmal coding, it uses colour brush numbers i.e. Color15Brush >> is there a reference somewhere that describes the colour ranges ? all I can find online are Hex and RGB codes.
Unfortunately markup language is a mystery to me, i'm dyslexic and it's basically unreadable to me !

Last for now ... If i want to attempt to use ambient temp delta, where exactly do you put the sensor ? does it need to be outside of the case ? or if you put it on the inside does it need to be away from air being blown by the intake fans ?

Many thanks
Damian

Soldato
I'll go for a couple of these and I'm sure others will chime in too :)

all I can find online are Hex and RGB codes.
Unfortunately markup language is a mystery to me, i'm dyslexic and it's basically unreadable to me !
Might be worth keeping a reference handy, there are sites where you put in the colour you want and it can convert it. Simply put, imagine 3 sliders for red green and blue. If you turn red up you get red, if you turn green up too it goes yellow, if you then turn blue up it goes white.

Now imagine the sliders go from 0 to 10 like a volume control, from off to fully on.

Hex colours is just this, except instead of zero to 10 they're using confusing numbers and letters :p So you may find it's easier to use a visual reference. You can pick the exact colour you like off a chart then just copy the values.

https://g.co/kgs/y1mMyt

Note that the RGB values is 3 numbers from 0-255 and the hexadecimal is 3 "pairs" e.g. these are the same colour in RGB and hex:

147, 66, 245 or #9342f5 (93, 42, f5)

Hope that hasn't confused you further :p

If i want to attempt to use ambient temp delta, where exactly do you put the sensor ? does it need to be outside of the case?
It's reasonable to measure the air temperature at an intake fan as that should represent what the air is outside the case as it comes in. It's also a little more relevant to the PC cooling as it's fine knowing the room is 21° at the thermostat, but it might be better to know the ambient temperature in the exact position the case is.

Associate
Thanks LuckyBenski, that's a really useful resource.

So do it just replace the "Color15Brush with a HEX code ?

Add thanks for the info on the temp senor, makes sense now you said it like that :)
Cheers

Soldato
You can assign a controller to the fan(s) and turn it up or down in the controllers tab. The you can turn it upa/down to see the max and min that it will run at. Make sure that the fan can start at the lowest speed you select too - or use Start Boost to make it run full speed for a second or two when it starts.

The latest feature (Playground > Inputs) let's you assign a dial or slider either on an Overview page or directly on the desktop that you can use to do this sort of thing if you want it as a more permanent ability beyond just setting up. If you look in the Aquasuite release notes, you'll see a link to an explanation that is something along the lines of Let there be Inputs.

Soldato
You can edit a lot of the Overview pages graphically once you click the lock to unlock them but editting the XML would give you finer control on things like lining boxes up and making them the same size. Probably more but I'll confess I haven't played with that side of things too much.

Associate
Thanks Cenedd,
I must be missing something in the controller tab as i can't find a way to do this ?
Ahh ... the Playground .... I have to admit I have not got that far into the manual to understand what that was all about ! :rolleyes: .. but that sounds like all sorts of fun :)
I've resolved the issue by looking up each fan i have online and finding it's max RPM :D

Yeah, I started with trying to reverse engineer some of the default displays, but there seems to be no method to scale them down nicely.
I have my old 1080 monitor in portrait orientation and then have the screen split into 3 segments, with the bottom one being about 70mm high, and this is where all the gauges will go.
So i've needed to make my own ones up that look tiny on my main screen, but are then the right size on the second screen, bit of a faf but i've now made 12 gauges and am pretty happy with it.
I was using Rainmeter to do this getting it's info from HWinfo, but it seemed the logical thing to do to use Aquaero software :cool:

Cheers
Damian

Associate
Cenedd ... what am i missing here ? I don't see how i can manually control the fan speeds ... screenshot below ...
Thanks chap :)
aquasuite-2022-01-13-19-36-35.png

Soldato
Sorry Damian, I meant to look at Aquasuite when I got to my desk this morning...and got totally distracted. Now, of course, my PC is in many soggy pieces - the joy of a watercooling rebuild. That screenshot jogs enough neurons though. Delete the curve (or keep it but remove the output) and add a set point controller. That's basically a slider. Assign the fan as the output, turn it up/down and check the speed.

Associate
No need to apologise bud, we all have our lives to get on with :)

Thanks for the info ... creating set point controllers now :D

PS I hope you get the soggy bits all sorted :)

Associate
Hi ! .. I'd just like to say thanks to those who have helped me thus far ... i'm very happy with the outcome, still some small tweaking to do (when isn't there ! )
Loving the far superior control over fan and pump curves and all the other things you can do ;)

Another question ... I've noticed that there's a 2 second ish delay between data Aquasuite gets from HWinfo and then displaying it on the output gauges.
I've verified that it's not HWinfo as i can see the load output on my UPS on both the UPS itself and the HWinfo sensor display are in sync perfectly, but Aquasuite is 2 sec behind !
It is the same with other sensor data like CPU\GPU\Motherboard.
It's not like this is some major issue, but now i've noticed it I feel the need to rectify it !!

Has anyone seen this before and know a possible solution ?
If not i'll just have to take more OCD tablets :rolleyes::D
Cheers
Damian

Associate
Another question ... I've noticed that there's a 2 second ish delay between data Aquasuite gets from HWinfo and then displaying it on the output gauges.
I've verified that it's not HWinfo as i can see the load output on my UPS on both the UPS itself and the HWinfo sensor display are in sync perfectly, but Aquasuite is 2 sec behind !
It is the same with other sensor data like CPU\GPU\Motherboard.
It's not like this is some major issue, but now i've noticed it I feel the need to rectify it !!

Has anyone seen this before and know a possible solution ?

I hadn't noticed that before, but have just checked and I can concur that Aquasuite takes a couple of seconds to show a HWinfo sensor value. As I understand it, to get the values the Aquasuite Service periodically reads from a shared memory segment that HWinfo writes to. The Aquasuite front end will presumably then poll its service to display them. I'd imagine that the delay is down those two polling intervals.

Soldato
It used to be the case that you had to run an external monitor such as HWInfo for Aquasuite to get the info from. You can still do that but Aquasuite has been able to do it for itself for a while now so you might well be able to pick up that info without going via HWInfo. I'll caveat that with the fact that sensor support in Aquasuite is rather changeable - each update you seem to add some new supported sensors and take away some (usually because of bugs). So far I've lost the power usage (I think it was) of the GPU in one update and then the temp of my SSDs in another....but motherboards I don't have are now supported :D:rolleyes:

If you have spare OCD tablets, send them this way so I can stop faffing about with the wiring! :D

Associate
OK cool, at least it's not just me ! :)
Yep i had noticed that there are sensors under the Aqua computer hardware monitor folder, but assumed that was pulling info from HWinfo (wrongly as i now know !)
I'll add some of these and see if there is the same delay.
Thanks guys !! :)

Soldato
Definitely overcomplicating things..... but isn't that why we're here?! :D
Software sensors will only function once Windows has booted and the Aquasuite Service is running. Until then (or if service fails/is stopped or Windows locks up) it will register as the fallback value that you can see where you set it. That defaults to 50°C

Virtual sensors based on anything other than software sensors, will function autonomously (not reliant on Windows or the service).

Playground I believe will only function in software so again if you base any fan curves off a value driven by Playground, it'll either have a default value somewhere or use the last value - sorry haven't checked and can't at the moment.

So for things that you want to run autonomously, you need to steer clear of Software sensors and Playground but Virtual sensors (eg highest of two sensors) are fine.

Just for sake of (possible) interest, I use Playground on my home server to send alert emails if temps get too high or fans fail. SMS is also possible by using a (pay for credit) service such as Clickatell and then firing it with a powershell script that makes an https request - that or CURL if you're into Linux subsystem or Win32-compiled tools.

Soldato
Missed the profiles part. Have to say it's something I've never used but I believe it's possible to switch profiles using Playground. Not sure if you can have a default profile for startup but it could be possible to detect shutdown in Playground and switch then. If that is possible, I can see it being temperamental though. If you must use software sensors in the mix, default values might be your answer....but I'd steer clear if it's something that actually matters more than aesthetically.

Associate
Hi Cenedd, Yeah i was being stooooopid !! I hadn't spotted that you can use Temperature difference in the main sensors tab, so I've now just re-created the delta temp in there and removed the one from the playground.

Just about to shut down and test now, but i'm pretty sure that will fix my self imposed problem :rolleyes:

I'll report back in a mo !

Soldato
Ah now self-inflicted problems are my forte! Just started a build with/for my son....so I have all of my 'must be done perfectly' hang-ups and none of the creative input :eek:

Associate
Yep that fixed the non issue :rolleyes: I really should stop with these "great ideas" and maybe RTFM a bit more :D

How's your "Soggy" PC going ? all sorted ?
Oooh a new build ... love it !! .... I'm sure with your expertise and experience it will be perfect ;)

Ha ha yeah self inflicted problems is my forte too !! My other and slightly more expensive hobby is cars, mainly making them as fast as possible to go round in circles :D
I bought a pre-built race engine at the beginning of lock-down from a race engineering company, with the view to just drop it into my car ... noooooo ... I've pretty much re designed the whole lot and gone with an engine management system that I can program myself, haven't learnt that bit yet, and going on my fails with a flipping fan controller .. I may have bitten off more than I can chew !! :rolleyes::D

Actually just checked out the progress on your build thread ... flipping epic mate :D

Back
Top Bottom