Soldato
Anyone moved away from them? I am on 550/70 which is coming up to end of 12months. Not used for last 2 as house is getting refurbed so not going to renew and waste £50 a month on nothing.

Man of Honour
Anyone moved away from them? I am on 550/70 which is coming up to end of 12months. Not used for last 2 as house is getting refurbed so not going to renew and waste £50 a month on nothing.
Yes, I moved to VM, you'll have to pay a cease fee of about £40 or so if you have the line turned off.

Soldato
unfortunately my old man decided to tear the house up in Feb so had to let it run, until 3rd of July........ :rolleyes:

EDIT: i messaged them asking about if I left it as it is until end of the contract do they send out a new deal?.....

"We don't offer a new deal again until a customer has been with us for 3 years or more via our loyalty processes."

Last edited:
Associate
TBH I don't see why people even want 1Gbps. I mean, of course it's nice, but the price hike just doesn't seem worth it. Maybe it is me and the things I do with the internet, but little I do benefits from more than 100Mbps.
When you multiply the monthly by 12 then it all seems expensive to me for a little extra speed that most people don't need. At the moment I am on 300Mbps and when my contract comes up for renewal then I am dropping down to 100Mbps.
Soon 1Gbps will be the standard. We are behind most of the developed and even third world for broadband. If openreach+BT had their way, we would still be limited to G.FAST/FTTC with a maximum speed of 100Mbps for £59.99. I download a lot and 1Gbps is now slow; I have the option to go with the 1.6Gbps as I am with EE but managed switches are too expensive and i need two. When you have some people paying £800+ for a car they use once a week, broadband is something you use daily, its essential and great value.
Thanks to ALT Nets we have good value 1Gbps services and we are not beholden to BT+Openreach only.

Soldato
I've been with them just over a year and I'm not sure how I get another "deal". Do I just order another 12 month contract from their website? Considering upping from 500Mb to 900Mb at the same time.

Soldato
Can anyone clear this up? If I get a 12 month contract with Aquiss for their 500Mbps package (for an average of £37.50 a month) will I be stuck on £50 a month afterwards or can I buy another 12 month contract at a lower price?

What do they mean they only offer new deals after you've been with them for three years? That would seem to contradict the above.

Soldato
Can anyone clear this up? If I get a 12 month contract with Aquiss for their 500Mbps package (for an average of £37.50 a month) will I be stuck on £50 a month afterwards or can I buy another 12 month contract at a lower price?

What do they mean they only offer new deals after you've been with them for three years? That would seem to contradict the above.

I am on the same deal 37.50 then it went to 50 after 6 months. Once contract ends you just re-sign up to whatever is the latest deal on their website for another 12 months. If you do this for 3 straight years I guess you get some sort of discount after as far as I know/was told when I opened a ticket.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am on the same deal 37.50 then it went to 50 after 6 months. Once contract ends you just re-sign up to whatever is the latest deal on their website for another 12 months. If you do this for 3 straight years I guess you get some sort of discount after as far as I know/was told when I opened a ticket.
Thanks, that's actually pretty decent value given their excellent support.

Soldato
I can't find anything or anyone who has had a discount after 3 years, only one way to find out lol Mine is being ceased after July as I have house renos to complete. Might stay with them or move to Swish 900/900 deal for similar price for the Aquiss 500 deal.

Last edited:
Soldato
I just emailed to ask as my first year contract is coming to an end. They said I can't re-enter a 12 month contract with the 6 month half price thing, but after 3 years I'll get it as part of their loyalty program.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I just emailed to ask as my first year contract is coming to an end. They said I can't re-enter a 12 month contract with the 6 month half price thing, but after 3 years I'll get it as part of their loyalty program.
Does that mean every 3 years you get 6 months half price, or after 3 years the price is half price until you leave/cancel?

Soldato
Does that mean every 3 years you get 6 months half price, or after 3 years the price is half price until you leave/cancel?
I don't know for definite, but I took it to mean that after 3 years you get to move to the half price contracts until you leave.

From the email:
Once you complete your 12 months, you move to a rolling monthly contract. We only reintroduce any offers, for current customers, after 3 years, via our lotalty processes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Upgraded to their 2G/1G GPON plan today. Only requested the upgrade yesterday :D

6o5TfpP.jpg

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Have Aquiss had any more updates on the Openreach 1.8Gb / 1.2Gb options, as I am due a renew on Zen and will move that line over.

Soldato
How do you know if it’s available in your area?

If you can get 1Gb CityFibre you can get the 2G/1G plan because it uses the standard GPON just as the slower options do
They literally just press a button their end to boost you into the higher speed tariff.

The 2.5G plan needs to be an XGS-PON area. It's almost impossible to find out if you're in one of those areas without asking Aquiss to order it. If CityFibre throw it back it's a no, otherwise it's a yes.
You can check your ONT and Google the model. The GPON and XGS-PON models are different. But that's only a rough guide because it maybe you're in a supported area and they'll come to swap the ONT before upgrading you

Back
Top Bottom