Soldato
I wouldn't like to be on a GPON split with someone who had bought the 2Gb service

With that speed things download so quickly they wouldn't be downloading 24/7 so it would rarely, if ever, effect you.
Not like the old cable days where things would take a long time to download so being on the split with others would constantly degrade your service.

Caporegime
"modem hangup" hints at the PPP session dropping, if the ONT lights aren't changing colour then the physical network seems fine. Does the Asus provide any more detailed logs? And what does "every so often" mean - are we talking about a few times a month at 4am for example?

Last edited:
Soldato
here's the last three. Note I am running Merlin on latest stable release 3004.388.7 EDIT could disabling IPV6 sort it?

SXXjMnC.jpeg

kHz8TAZ.jpeg

X5V7JSi.jpeg

Last edited:
Associate
here's the last three

The logs don't necessarily mean the ONT is dropping the connection unless its lights indicate that. It could just be an issue with the long running PPPoE session over several days on the router due to its hardware or more commonly software, and the result is it drops the connection. As already suggested try connecting your laptop or PC directly to the ONT to test.

Soldato
The logs don't necessarily mean the ONT is dropping the connection unless its lights indicate that. It could just be an issue with the long running PPPoE session over several days on the router due to its hardware or more commonly software, and the result is it drops the connection. As already suggested try connecting your laptop or PC directly to the ONT to test.
What am I doing to test? ONT ethernet straight into laptop network jack? How does that work and what am I looking for?

Associate
What am I doing to test? ONT ethernet straight into laptop network jack? How does that work and what am I looking for?

You can configure a PPPoE connection in Windows and just basically see if this drops, however given the period between your drops its not a quick test!

Associate
Yeah, it could easily be days. And isn't the computer then exposed to the internet?

Yes you need to ensure the firewall is on. A better alternative is to try another router (different model in case of software bug), do you have any old ones you could try?

Edit: Have you searched for PPPoE issues with the model and firmware you're on?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Is there anything before "modem hangup" in the log? It might be worth asking Aquiss if they see anything from their end but this looks like your router is at fault.

Back
Top Bottom