Soldato
OP
I was affected by this too. Speeds were down to around 30Mbps to most destinations (but not all, I still had full speed via Switzerland), and packet loss kept piling up. Seems to be back to normal today touch wood! The spikes after lunch today are me restarting the PPPoE session (and then the router itself, to be safe).

sig.png

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Another update from Aquiss says the issue is within BT wholesale before handover to Aquiss, and BTw are currently investigating. I must admit, my monitoring (CQM, BQM etc) have never looked better since I restarted my session at lunch time. Very flat latency and no issues to report so far. Let's hope it continues!

Associate
I'm still having the same issue since around 10am. Rebooted the router and ONT, disconnected/connected PPOE to no luck. Waiting to hear back if there's anything else I can do.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm still having the same issue since around 10am. Rebooted the router and ONT, disconnected/connected PPOE to no luck. Waiting to hear back if there's anything else I can do.
I've had some improvement on the service this morning with no noticeable packet loss, however speeds still appear to be down hovering around 700mbps wired. I'm still connected on the LNS4 network that Martin said was the issue. No amount of reboots and disconnecting/re-connecting PPOE has forced me onto another network (though admittedly I have no idea how it works). Here's my BQM from yesterday into this morning, reminds me when I was on Virgin Media :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I've had some improvement on the service this morning with no noticeable packet loss, however speeds still appear to be down hovering around 700mbps wired. I'm still connected on the LNS4 network that Martin said was the issue. No amount of reboots and disconnecting/re-connecting PPOE has forced me onto another network (though admittedly I have no idea how it works). Here's my BQM from yesterday into this morning, reminds me when I was on Virgin Media :cry:

Ouch! Mine was nothing like that severe, I just had 'some' packet loss and 30Mbps speeds overnight. This morning's update from Martin/Aquiss suggests they're still waiting on a response and resolution from BTw, so unfortunately it's out of their hands. Give them their due though, as frustrating as it must be, they're posting regular detailed technical updates and chasing it. If it *was* VM, you'd hear nothing about it then log in to see 'Broadband issue in your area. Our engineers are on the way and hope to fix this by {five days time}" and that would be it.

Associate
not been with aquiss long, and i wasnt affected by these issues but good to see them being proactive with communication. these things happen from time to time.

Associate
2633ae447abf9617dc9ec5d058db54e7c8f89888-21-03-2024.png

Kept getting the WhatsApp notifications about the issue but didn’t notice anything on mine, just checked TBB and nothing at all. Been with Aquiss since August and they’ve been fantastic so far.

Associate
not been with aquiss long, and i wasnt affected by these issues but good to see them being proactive with communication. these things happen from time to time.
I showed my wife the WhatsApp notifications and she was pleasantly surprised that a broadband company has set up something like that and being transparent with their customers. Took the sting away a little of not being able to get Stevie Nicks tickets on Wednesday due to no internet:cry: We're trying again at 12pm today.

Associate
is anyone else experiencing high latency spikes? or is it just my end.
on my unifi network isp starts show high spikes, usually it remains at a steady 4ms all the time.

Associate
7da184a1dde3c45c0753930d4ba927856f3c1814-26-03-2024.png

something clearly gone wrong, i dont have time tonight, but tomorrow i will swap the router and see if it still persists, never had anything like this strange. bqm wasnt on before, but thats because i didnt need it, rock stable pings until yesterday. router was installed on saturday.

Back
Top Bottom