Arcade High Scores! Current Game: Star Wars! - COME ON IN!

Soldato
Posting a High Score of 91020 here. I ended up playing via the Neo Geo core on the MiSTer in the end. I tried Metal Slug on PS1 and it was the X version, which seemed different?

Hopefully I've got the right game :D. Very enjoyable game, I'll be looking to try this again soon.

I used the new RetroTINK 4K hooked up to the MiSTer to play and the quality of the upscaling is phenomenal!

Soldato
OP
Posting a High Score of 91020 here. I ended up playing via the Neo Geo core on the MiSTer in the end. I tried Metal Slug on PS1 and it was the X version, which seemed different?

According to wiki, the original released on the Playstation in 1997. X is a remake of Metal Slug 2, and seems much more common on Playstation than the first game. Makes me wonder if the original was only release on Playstation in Japan as it's mostly difficult to find anything on that.

Soldato
You've got the new RetroTink? Aren't those bad boys the thick end of a grand?

I've seen some very nice looking CRT emulation screenshots through them.
They aren't cheap, but the scaling and scanline emulation is out of this world compared to what we have had before. I intend on making a thread on it when I get some time as I've been blown away how much better this thing is than the 5x, the image clarity I've got from consoles is amazing.
According to wiki, the original released on the Playstation in 1997. X is a remake of Metal Slug 2, and seems much more common on Playstation than the first game. Makes me wonder if the original was only release on Playstation in Japan as it's mostly difficult to find anything on that.
I've just looked online and you're right, it was released in Japan only :). I enjoyed the arcade version anyway :D.

Soldato
They aren't cheap, but the scaling and scanline emulation is out of this world compared to what we have had before. I intend on making a thread on it when I get some time as I've been blown away how much better this thing is than the 5x, the image clarity I've got from consoles is amazing.

Please don't. I'm quite happy with the default mister fpga filters. Don't ruin it for me. ;)

Soldato
i was hovering over the tink 4k and then fortunately they went out off stock before i pushed the button :D
28 minutes it took for them to sell out. Possibly would have been quicker if a lot of potential buyers didn't have issues (based on a lot of chatter and complaints on Discord).

They're restocking in January I believe :).

Soldato
OP
I'll get on this game at some point today :p. Fairly quiet this week, probably everyone busy with Christmas just around the corner. I haven't played a game in a while, busy learning other things at the moment.

@Zatoichi.uK @Metalface Mark @mcwildcard @2Drunk2Funk @lakitu @Littlenose

Reminder that you have a couple of days to submit a score if you wish to play this week.

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
171'880

20231221-134841.jpg

Back
Top Bottom