Arcade High Scores! Current Game: Star Wars! - COME ON IN!

Man of Honour
I've just found this thread and it's right up my street. Even though I'm absolutely useless I have just installed MAME and will give Frogger a go tonight but will try my best for the next game. Do we just say our score with 1 credit or screenshot?

Soldato
I've just found this thread and it's right up my street. Even though I'm absolutely useless I have just installed MAME and will give Frogger a go tonight but will try my best for the next game. Do we just say our score with 1 credit or screenshot?
Glad to have you on board :). Good retro crowd in here. It would be awesome if this thread caught on more.

Associate
I'll post a score of 6700... I wasn't quick enough to get a capture of the game state.

4XwtdfLUiNnL.png

Soldato
OP

I fully expect everyone here to play fair and not cheat. So, screenshots are preferable, especially if challenging for the top spots! I just aren't going to make them mandatory unless any cheating is suspected.

Associate
Yes, I don't understand why anyone would "cheat" on somethign like this... surely it's just for fun, and a way to encourage playing these again in order to relive those years in the arcade.

Just to make sure I've got it right... we're allowed as many 1 credit games as we like, we're just not allowed to insert a coin to "continue" the game ?

Soldato
OP
Yes, I don't understand why anyone would "cheat" on somethign like this... surely it's just for fun, and a way to encourage playing these again in order to relive those years in the arcade.

Just to make sure I've got it right... we're allowed as many 1 credit games as we like, we're just not allowed to insert a coin to "continue" the game ?

Yes that's correct, once that credit is gone, it's game over. No limits to how many times you can replay the game. Just post the score before deadline, if it's after it won't be counted. What you usually find with Arcade games, is when you continue using another credit, your score increases by 1 for each credit used. Other games will simply reset the score back to 0 on every new credit used.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes that's correct, once that credit is gone, it's game over. No limits to how many times you can replay the game. Just post the score before deadline, if it's after it won't be counted. What you usually find with Arcade games, is when you continue using another credit, your score increases by 1 for each credit used. Other games will simply reset the score back to 0 on every new credit used.
cool... will you post up a full leaderboard ?
As encouragement for the next game ;)

Soldato
@JoeBoi are you finished? :p Managed a 12820. I think I'm done with this game now though.

Do feel free to still pick the next game for us if the leaderboard stays the same!

GfvEhGY.png
Nice! I might have another crack at it, but depends on how much time I get between now and the deadline. I appreciate being able to pick the next game (providing same positions etc), thanks!

In terms of rules, is it worth mentioning that dipswitches should be default settings?

Back
Top Bottom