Arcade High Scores! Current Game: Star Wars! - COME ON IN!

Associate
If you save the special, you get 5K points at the end of the level :).

Also, speed looks like it might provide better scoring in certain scenario's.

I didn’t know you got 5k for not using the special. I’ve been burning them in easy scenarios. I don’t think I could do the first boss without it just yet.

Currently at 53,960 on one coin.

Soldato
I didn’t know you got 5k for not using the special. I’ve been burning them in easy scenarios. I don’t think I could do the first boss without it just yet.

Currently at 53,960 on one coin.
It may be worth using them situationally. So I used one of mine on the second boss because you can easily get overwhelmed. However, first boss I didn't need to :). Most levels I got to I didn't need to unless I felt I had no other choice.

Soldato
@cheesyboy with your scores, are you getting exactly them scores? As I can only put down for 57000 if you say 57k. It might mean you don't get the correct position, if say someone scored 57100 and you actually got 57500 but only claimed 57k for example.
No, that's approximate. I hadn't realised you were recording these unverified ones. I'll dig out the real scores later.

Soldato
OP
No, that's approximate. I hadn't realised you were recording these unverified ones. I'll dig out the real scores later.

Ah okay. Yeah, I'm updating the OP as and when new scores are posted, so everyone knows what to aim for. While images are preferable, they aren't an requirement as I expect everyone here to play fair.

Soldato
Ah okay. Yeah, I'm updating the OP as and when new scores are posted, so everyone knows what to aim for. While images are preferable, they aren't an requirement as I expect everyone here to play fair.
Yeah doesnt really matter who wins - it just gives you something to play more than you normally would - id say a weekly rather than bi-weekly game would be better though, i tend to lose interest after the first week.

62720 my best today - got onto the green ninjas for the first time and didnt realise they respawn the first kill :D

This is the first game also ive noticed since we have been playing where the input latency using a mister and crt is much better than mame on my pc and oled.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
id say a weekly rather than bi-weekly game would be better though, i tend to lose interest after the first week.

Before we played Tapper, I had it down for a week with Donkey Kong. After a week, only I had posted any scores, so extended for a week to try get some more interest. By the end, I was still the only participant.

What do others think about this? If most would like to change, I don't mind swapping to weekly.

Also for future games, how would you guys feel if everyone just shoots games (as many as you like) at me with suggestions and I can do an online random picker for the next game?

Soldato
Before we played Tapper, I had it down for a week with Donkey Kong. After a week, only I had posted any scores, so extended for a week to try get some more interest. By the end, I was still the only participant.

What do others think about this? If most would like to change, I don't mind swapping to weekly.

Also for future games, how would you guys feel if everyone just shoots games (as many as you like) at me with suggestions and I can do an online random picker for the next game?
I'm easy, I barely get time for gaming at the mo and quite like a quick couple of sessions here and there. Happy with a week, I've managed to get on Shinobi once since posting my score, and I got nowhere near it (too tired!)

Associate
85,190 after a couple of commutes this week.
I died right at the end of 3-1 thinking I’d beaten the level on my first try (after beating the 2nd boss for the first time), only to be got by a ninja as I casually walked to the “GO” sign thinking it was over!

P.S. I’ll post an image of scores before this game ends. I’m just being lazy not doing it each time

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'm happy with 2 weeks as well, busy life I guess and I see this as a fun long term thing slow and steady for me. If it changed every week, I'd never get any good at all and this wouldn't be fun for me.

New Score: 38,090

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
@Metalface Mark, so with the feedback received from a few others, some do prefer the two weeks as it gives them more time to put in a decent attempt. I'm one of them also, as a lot of the times I never feel like playing, too tired, or kids want to play something on PC. If I made it 1 week, I think I'd be lucky to make one attempt some weeks.

What I can suggest for yourself (or anyone else who wants a little more, more often), is to simply just submit a score for a game and I can add a leaderboard for it and others may attempt to beat it should they wish (I know I will!). Or look at the current games with leaderboards and try adding a new high score to them.

Soldato
its okay, i dont mind 2 weeks - think it was more last game with frogger, none of us were really feeling it.

Maybe after 3 days or something if everyone is hating the game we just scrap it and move on like with frogger

Last edited:
Associate
I still haven't had a go at Shinobi yet, as last weekend was a blow out with work... I'm pleased the 2 weeks is staying.
I personally prefer the simpler (early) games like "Frogger"... I'd never actually play something like Shinobi without this thread - but like that it does encourage me to try the likes of Shinobi.

Back
Top Bottom