Arch rolling

Soldato
Yeah, I honestly didn't expect them to be this bad! I was going off the wheels and tyres that it came with for reference as they fit under the arches without rubbing, look to be the same offset (obviously slightly less, I guess!) and have 195 section tyres (means they are noticeably stretched and it looks a little silly imo).

The new wheels (pictured) look extremely similar in offset (are et0 - idk what the old wheels are) and the new tyres are 205 section so, I thought, wouldn't give me any issues! D'oh!

Et0 is a very aggressive offset! You'd usually see +35 or so which would tuck them in properly.

Soldato
While I think that would actually look really cool, I'm just gonna replace the wheels for ones with less offset - found some nice teamdynamics 1.2 for relatively cheap with et30 offset, much more sensible! :rolleyes:
Check offset and width. I've no idea what safe offset width combo is on an mx5 nb.

If they're new you should be able to get your money back.

Caporegime
I recon that would have looked ace with an arch roll/pull and lowered a little more on some quality suspension. Only the tread has to be behind the fenders legally too. :p

Though I would say that wouldn't I...

Associate
OP
How on earth did you get that plate stuck on properly? I tried for about half an hour to stick it on, and I chucked it in the bin in frustration. :p
I don't know mate, the previous owner did all the mods that you see! I think it's just a sticker to be honest - probably not technically legal but I've driven past a few coppers and received any hassle.

Associate
OP
I recon that would have looked ace with an arch roll/pull and lowered a little more on some quality suspension. Only the tread has to be behind the fenders legally too. :p

Though I would say that wouldn't I...
I agree that would have looked pretty cool but I'm scraping on everything as it is (too many speedbumps where I live) and it's driving me nuts!

Associate
OP
I think perhaps a change to 195/45's would make a drastic difference, those tyres look incredibly bulbous.
Can't return the new tyres so I couldn't, even if I wanted to, unfortunately! I think they'll be better suited to the new wheels - I don't really mind how they look just so long as they ride nicely and grip like chewing gum to a woolly jumper! And with et30, they definitely won't be rubbing... I hope...

Soldato
How on earth did you get that plate stuck on properly? I tried for about half an hour to stick it on, and I chucked it in the bin in frustration. :p

Use soapy water to slide it in to place, squeegee it and leave it to dry. If it needs shaping you can use a heatgun. Same way you do window tints :)

Last edited:
Associate
New fitment with the Team Dynamics wheels will be ET30 7j 205/50/15 so not too far off but geared for a little more grip which is what I'm after.

If thats the case then you've bought the worse tyres possible. If you wanted to be geared towards vague steering with a jelly like ride and hopeless wet grip then you bought the correct tyres. T1Rs are an awful tyre on an mx5

Back
Top Bottom