• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm going to try both the German and UK Store tomorrow for stock on the 3080 the same time the 3090 releases... Hoping people will be too distracted by the 3090 no one will check to see if a 3080 is in stock :D

I'm a bit disheartened. Seems The germany and us store just had some and yes americans bought some of them up. Seems they don't pay hardly any import tax which is why so many are buying from europe/UK. Seems they are hoovering up not only their supply but most of europe sadly. Thank the lord OCUK has temp stopped them buying. They have channels that notify them soon as stock come in as well.

Associate
I'm a bit disheartened. Seems The germany and us store just had some and yes americans bought some of them up. Seems they don't pay hardly any import tax which is why so many are buying from europe/UK. Seems they are hoovering up not only their supply but most of europe sadly. Thank the lord OCUK has temp stopped them buying. They have channels that notify them soon as stock come in as well.

It really does suck people have bots that notify them / automatically purchase them a card... I'm just doing things the honest way and f5'ing all the time :(

I ordered the OC Strix through Overclockers but if I can get my hands on the FE then I will ofc cancel my order with OCUK

Associate
It really does suck people have bots that notify them / automatically purchase them a card... I'm just doing things the honest way and f5'ing all the time :(

I ordered the OC Strix through Overclockers but if I can get my hands on the FE then I will ofc cancel my order with OCUK

I think its just we can't compete with the americans - We have little or no stock and they will take that all as well.

Associate
Screenshot-20200924-003002.jpg

Those of us waiting on EVGA good news may be around the corner... @Gibbo you aware of anything?

Associate
So my patience ended and I contacted the MSI UK team via Twitter (@MSI_UK) to understand the stock scenarios and possibilities of October deliveries.

OP to MSI: I had managed to order an MSI Ventus from Overclockers UK right at the launch hour on 17th Sept! Unfortunately, they are unable to give any sort of timeline for the delivery. As its an MSI card, I am trying to ask for your help to please provide a card/timeline/estimation of stock to help keep my hope alive.

MSI: Overclockers will be the only ones able to do that! We don't know where you are in the queue with them or what their dispatch times are.

OP: Thanks for your prompt reply... I am around #200 in the queue. How often are you providing them the cards.. what is the restock timings? Is it 10,20,50 cards per week? Should give an estimate for me...!

MSI: Again, Overclockers will have the best information on this. I have no insight into how their allocations work, their restock times, nothing at all. They will be able to tell you, not us.

OP: Understood. Overclockers themselves say they have no idea.. they are waiting for MSI.. it seems like an infinite loop. Can you tell me how many cards per week is MSI producing? Msi a million-dollar company and so is overclockers, but our £700 getting stuck for months would really affect people like me...Any Answers/hints/suggestions would really help keep the hope alive of a 2020 delivery!?

MSI: I really have no answers for you here, unfortunately. I don't have insight into the manufacturing process and any such insight would be pointless as the cards dispatch from there to global locations and retailers, to meet demand based on historical regional purchasing. Overclockers will have the latest updates when they are available that will also be pertinent to your specific order. I could tell you a million cards are being made per day, but unless 200 of those were specifically going to Overclockers on a specific day and being turned around on the same day and dispatched, that information doesn't help you at all. Do you see what I mean? I'm really sorry you have to wait, but if I had any information for you, Overclockers would have it too.

Summary, MSI - 'the manufacturer' nor OcuK - 'the seller' have any sort of estimation or timeline! Hoping OCUK can provide us the queue estimator otherwise it could be 2021 before we see the face of any card?

Just received an email from CCL UK, they have a total of 38 (yes 38) cards in stock for tomorrow's launch of RTX 3090.

21 of those are MSI Ventus/GamingX cards, the rest are Palit, Gigabyte, Zotac. No Asus, no EVGA.

Believe overclockers are larger than CCL and would have greater stock?

7nQKcBM

Soldato
Surely Asus can drop a nice 4000 down in one plane load to OcUK?

Looks likely it wouldn't take long for an EVGA 3080 as they're the least popular maybe should order one of those too
Well a few people have said that evga are prioritising US first so probs won't see a card in the UK for a few months.

I do agree though, these big companies churn out tens of thousands of cards a week so i suspect supply will be fulfilled but will just take a few months to do so.

Soldato
From a competitor, no names mentioned but i suspect it will be very similar (similar size to ocuk). Gives you a rough idea on delivery dates for cards and incoming shipments etc. I'd expect ocuk to be getting more than this place though with it being the largest retailer.

1uHE04D.jpg

Associate
From a competitor, no names mentioned but i suspect it will be very similar (similar size to ocuk). Gives you a rough idea on delivery dates for cards and incoming shipments etc. I'd expect ocuk to be getting more than this place though with it being the largest retailer.

1uHE04D.jpg
It's so frustrating. I ordered from this place as they told me they had the largest stock allocation due to having a strong relationship with Nvidia. It turns out they lied to get more pre-orders!

If I hadn't listened to such crap, I may have my new card now. The worst part is, I go on live chat every other day, and they tell me different stories about deliveries etc. I don't know what to believe from them anymore...

EDIT:

Taken from their website:

Why you should keep your Pre-order with us
Our Pre-Order Promise

To all valued customers,
Please know that we’re doing everything we can to meet the unprecedented demand for GeForce 3080 graphics cards. Our team is working closely with NVIDIA and the card manufacturers to make sure we are getting the best supply in the UK.

We want you to have confidence in our approach and to know how we are dealing with back orders.
Supply of the cards to ****Competitor**** customers is a priority for manufacturers and batches of cards will continue to arrive.
Please be assured that the fastest way to get your card is to pre-order with ****Competitor****.
When customers buy the cards on Pre-Order, all orders are held in a queue on a first-come-first-served basis.

BULL****

Last edited:
Soldato
It's so frustrating. I ordered from this place as they told me they had the largest stock allocation due to having a strong relationship with Nvidia. It turns out they lied to get more pre-orders!

If I hadn't listened to such crap, I may have my new card now. The worst part is, I go on live chat every other day, and they tell me different stories about deliveries etc. I don't know what to believe from them anymore...

EDIT:

Taken from their website:

Why you should keep your Pre-order with us
Our Pre-Order Promise

To all valued customers,
Please know that we’re doing everything we can to meet the unprecedented demand for GeForce 3080 graphics cards. Our team is working closely with NVIDIA and the card manufacturers to make sure we are getting the best supply in the UK.

We want you to have confidence in our approach and to know how we are dealing with back orders.
Supply of the cards to ****Competitor**** customers is a priority for manufacturers and batches of cards will continue to arrive.
Please be assured that the fastest way to get your card is to pre-order with ****Competitor****.
When customers buy the cards on Pre-Order, all orders are held in a queue on a first-come-first-served basis.

BULL****
This is the exact reason why i don't order from them, i use to buy whole systems and components from them but i've had some seriously bad experiences and like you i was lied to again and again. My last one was when i ordered components for a full build for my cousin but due to 1 component not being in stock it was delayed in shipping. I asked if they could send me what they had first but i was told they could not since they couldn't full fill the order. Okay so i waited and waited, literally nearly 1 month goes by and still nothing, getting told week after week that they were expecting stock the week after. Eventually just told them to stuff it and asked for a full refund (£2k!). If they hadn't led me on week after week i would have long cancelled and ordered elsewhere, what a state of a company.

Associate
This is the exact reason why i don't order from them, i use to buy whole systems and components from them but i've had some seriously bad experiences and like you i was lied to again and again. My last one was when i ordered components for a full build for my cousin but due to 1 component not being in stock it was delayed in shipping. I asked if they could send me what they had first but i was told they could not since they couldn't full fill the order. Okay so i waited and waited, literally nearly 1 month goes by and still nothing, getting told week after week that they were expecting stock the week after. Eventually just told them to stuff it and asked for a full refund (£2k!). If they hadn't led me on week after week i would have long cancelled and ordered elsewhere, what a state of a company.

So, a similar thing happened to me with the 3080 launch. I immediately bagged a Gigabyte 3080 but their payment system and website crashed when attempting to pay via Paypal. The payment was declined, however, unbeknown to me it had taken the money from my bank account... I instantly received an email from them saying I needed to finish my checkout process/retry the purchase. By which time I had added a Zotac card to my basket. I re-attempted the purchase from the email link and it was successful... I did it in such a rush that it was only after that I noticed I had the Gigabyte and Zotac card on the order (both at the original RRP). I panicked, but a friend of mine wanted one and missed out so I left it and he said he would buy it off me for what I paid. When speaking to customer support, the Zotac was causing the delay and they said they had no ETA... I asked for them to honour the gigabyte pre-order and to send that when/if they had available stock. They said they couldn't send any items unless they could fulfil the whole order. My only option and hope of receiving the Gigabyte sooner was to cancel the Zotac (which I won't get a refund for until the order is fulfilled), and supposedly keep my position in the queue. I don't believe a word fo it though and I think I would have joined the Gigabyte pre-order queue when I actioned the Zotac cancellation. Not from when I ordered, which was @ 14:07. So, at the end of launch day I had one payment for a single card at £649.99 pending and another for two cards. I have now received a refund for the single card but still awaiting the Zotac refund. Very, very poor!

Associate
OK so what a mess the 17th was. Bought a card in the end on the 18th after getting my hole family on the F5 game. Nvidia never even seen a buy now just sold out. Currys, well they only had one card when I clicked buy my credit account crashed. ebu yer sold out and OC I managed to get one the Queue system I think is a rubbish as one min I am 2207 the next 2286 and now 2216. sooo thinking of cancelling and saying sod it

Associate
Hey Ho. So I managed to get an order in within the first 30 minutes of the launch at 14:38 for a MSI Gaming X 3080. Where would you guys Guestimate my que to be at? And is it confirmed that we are getting a official que number in our emails for our purchases?

Associate
So my patience ended and I contacted the MSI UK team via Twitter (@MSI_UK) to understand the stock scenarios and possibilities of October deliveries.

OP to MSI: I had managed to order an MSI Ventus from Overclockers UK right at the launch hour on 17th Sept! Unfortunately, they are unable to give any sort of timeline for the delivery. As its an MSI card, I am trying to ask for your help to please provide a card/timeline/estimation of stock to help keep my hope alive.

MSI: Overclockers will be the only ones able to do that! We don't know where you are in the queue with them or what their dispatch times are.

OP: Thanks for your prompt reply... I am around #200 in the queue. How often are you providing them the cards.. what is the restock timings? Is it 10,20,50 cards per week? Should give an estimate for me...!

MSI: Again, Overclockers will have the best information on this. I have no insight into how their allocations work, their restock times, nothing at all. They will be able to tell you, not us.

OP: Understood. Overclockers themselves say they have no idea.. they are waiting for MSI.. it seems like an infinite loop. Can you tell me how many cards per week is MSI producing? Msi a million-dollar company and so is overclockers, but our £700 getting stuck for months would really affect people like me...Any Answers/hints/suggestions would really help keep the hope alive of a 2020 delivery!?

MSI: I really have no answers for you here, unfortunately. I don't have insight into the manufacturing process and any such insight would be pointless as the cards dispatch from there to global locations and retailers, to meet demand based on historical regional purchasing. Overclockers will have the latest updates when they are available that will also be pertinent to your specific order. I could tell you a million cards are being made per day, but unless 200 of those were specifically going to Overclockers on a specific day and being turned around on the same day and dispatched, that information doesn't help you at all. Do you see what I mean? I'm really sorry you have to wait, but if I had any information for you, Overclockers would have it too.

Summary, MSI - 'the manufacturer' nor OcuK - 'the seller' have any sort of estimation or timeline! Hoping OCUK can provide us the queue estimator otherwise it could be 2021 before we see the face of any card?

Oof. They could have at least said something like, there's a shipment going out to the UK sometime over the next 2 weeks or something. That's what Palit did when I asked them. They told me that the cards will be arriving next week in the UK and it's probably a medium sixed batch so not too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom