• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This reminds me of the last time I bought a new graphics card, a GTX 1080.

My particular card was released on 04/06/2016. I spent 5 weeks with a pre-order open on one site, fluctuating prices (i.e. gouging) everywhere, no stock levels. I then cancelled and stupidly gave in to price gouging on another site.

It looks worse this time. Worse gouging and stock levels. I won't do it this time. Save it and re-evaluate at Christmas, no rush.

Soldato
Look's like i got fairly lucky, lots of F5 smashing and managed to get it paid for by 2.30 and at the original price before things went **** up and prices changed. I'm interested to see when it'll get delivered though.

Same here lots of refreshing got it paid for 2:28pm and it's been dispatched today 10pm and being delivered tomorrow by ocuk.

That was the palit model £689 that Gibbo said was it in-stock earlier in this thread.

I'm well happy.

Associate
Same here lots of refreshing got it paid for 2:28pm and it's been dispatched today 10pm and being delivered tomorrow by ocuk.

That was the palit model £689 that Gibbo said was it in-stock earlier in this thread.

I'm well happy.

Unfortunately mine hasnt been shipped, i specificly ordered a Gigabyte Eagle because Gibbo said they were in stock aswell. don't know if it's going to be dispatched tomorrow but i highly doubt it. as long as im not waiting months ill be happy.

Soldato
Quite a few orders shipped out today, more shall ship tomorrow, we just cannot disclose numbers, more stock will arrive next week also.
Well quite a few late nights would be a week's worth, so guessing your "quite a few" is 7-9 cards, say's it all really :p

Associate
Will see what tomorrow brings, give them a chance to sort this mess out, ****-ups happen from time to time, how it's cleared is whats important.

I have to say, as a consumer I am a little concerned about how this whole thing has transpired today, even since I made my post around 30 mins ago about how when I ordered the ASUS TUF it said the ETA was 21st September but other sites have restock as 30th of October, right after that post the page was changed on the Asus to just "preorder" on here...

Also, taking money for the preorder means they have 30 days to deliver or they are breaking the law under distance selling, will see what happens tomorrow but the lack of communication is worrying.

OcUK Staff
OP
Well quite a few late nights would be a week's worth, so guessing your "quite a few" is 7-9 cards, say's it all really :p

Shipped a lot more than that today alone for delivery tomorrow. One forum member already has posted his card up and even fitted a water block and several others confirming shipments :)

OcUK Staff
OP
I have to say, as a consumer I am a little concerned about how this whole thing has transpired today, even since I made my post around 30 mins ago about how when I ordered the ASUS TUF it said the ETA was 21st September but other sites have restock as 30th of October, right after that post the page was changed on the Asus to just "preorder" on here...

Also, taking money for the preorder means they have 30 days to deliver or they are breaking the law under distance selling, will see what happens tomorrow but the lack of communication is worrying.

The pre order dates were removed this afternoon but our site and IT has being under heavy strain resulting in certain parts of site not updating as quick as normal and is also having some glitches which seemed ironed out now and hopefully by morning all be sorted.

But I removed all dates around 16:00 today and it’s taken hours to update, IT being working on it and still are I believe.

Associate
He went to the shop and got it, so that's one then. Great. Or did you drive him back to his front door to take a break from fiddling with the prices? I guess that's a delivery.

Associate
The pre order dates were removed this afternoon but our site and IT has being under heavy strain resulting in certain parts of site not updating as quick as normal and is also having some glitches which seemed ironed out now and hopefully by morning all be sorted.

But I removed all dates around 16:00 today and it’s taken hours to update, IT being working on it and still are I believe.

So what you're saying is, when I ordered the card and it said "ETA 21st of September" it was inaccurate at the time I ordered and this inaccuracy is due to parts of the site not updating as quick as normal?

OcUK Staff
OP
He went to the shop and got it, so that's one then. Great. Or did you drive him back to his front door to take a break from fiddling with the prices? I guess that's a delivery.

Im sure plenty people be posting up tomorrow about recieving their deliveries.

This post made it clear prices would go up within minutes of launch and the prices did go up as suggested and most of the cards which were £650 are now £680-£690 a couple of above this but all prices still remain competitive with competitors who also moved prices up too because of the exact same situation as explained.

Associate
I'll be honest I've got no idea what's going on. I managed to get through to place an order at 3pm ish.

I wasn't aware that it wasn't necessarily a buy order, rather than a pre-order. I also never got an actual confirmation email... the only way I know it went through is because my PayPal got charged :/

OcUK Staff
OP
So what you're saying is, when I ordered the card and it said "ETA 21st of September" it was inaccurate at the time I ordered and this inaccuracy is due to parts of the site not updating as quick as normal?

yes the site was down so it was not updating properly and we won’t know more until tomorrow we have some cards due tomorrow and more next week so depending when you ordered eta may still be met

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom