• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Associate
The calculator says I'm third in the queue for the zotac card.. Hopefully that's some what accurate lol. Ive heard the zotac card isn't the best but it will suit me fine.. I usually undervolt though if the performance isn't affected.

I just want a card for the upcoming lock down lol

Associate
The calculator says I'm third in the queue for the zotac card.. Hopefully that's some what accurate lol. Ive heard the zotac card isn't the best but it will suit me fine.. I usually undervolt though if the performance isn't affected.

I just want a card for the upcoming lock down lol
I keep loosing the link. What/Where is it again?

Associate
Is there a release date set for the 3070? Nvidia website just says October ...
Think October is all we have. Based on how the 3080 launch went I'm guessing even if it wasn't planned for it it'll be late October, so maybe 29th (or they might go for a week earlier with the 22nd to get some orders in before AMD's Big Navi announcments on the 28th, since I assume AMD will be targeting something price-wise to beat the 3070).

Associate
Think October is all we have. Based on how the 3080 launch went I'm guessing even if it wasn't planned for it it'll be late October, so maybe 29th (or they might go for a week earlier with the 22nd to get some orders in before AMD's Big Navi announcments on the 28th, since I assume AMD will be targeting something price-wise to beat the 3070).
I heard it was the 15th, can't remember where I heard that though.. Hopefully nvidia have a system in place to stop bots etc

Associate
That's a fair point. The running assumption is that OC will use the order numbers to decide our position in the line. It could indeed be that they have an internal list that is based on processed payment times, but there is no way to know for sure until orders start being fulfilled.

You'd hope that considering no stock will be arriving until after most if not all payments have cleared that it'd be on order time, but I can definitely see it working the other way, as it'd be quite logical in normal scenarios

Associate

It might be worth holding out on a 3070 purchase, waiting to see the AMD offering and then making a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom