• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I can see why OC are letting people swap cards and incentivising this by letting them gazump those who already have an order. The cards now cost more than at the start so this is just a way to increase the hostage pot! While not as bad as scalping it still leaves the same taste as they are selling slots for a pre-ordered product ahead of existing customers for that product.

Also as far as customer service goes this serves one customer and disadvantages potentially over a thousand customers.

Associate
Sorry but you are wrong... Someone who ordered at 5pm can swap for card that only been ordered 50 times and get it before someone who ordered at 14:25 because there was 200 orders before him for such card

So just ring up each day and ask what they have go for you if you switch? Better still they should have a list of people who will take any 3080 and they can get one as soon as they come in.

Permabanned
Unfortunately the internet is wrong.
Doesn't matter though does it, the damage is done and there are obviously people going to have already jumped from the ones trashed on early Youtube videos about the Cap issue true or not. I didn't really want an AIB one at all this time around but it doesn't look like NVidia will be selling anymore Founders to us Brits anytime soon. After the 3080 disaster I actually got a founders 3090 in the basket but it just sat processing for ages before reducing my basket from "1" to "0" and kicking me off as it was "out of Stock" With that alleged $150 cooler I suspect they don't want to sell many at £650 and what ones were sold were just to legitimise the advertised RRP.

Associate
So my understanding is that too many are in queue for the ps5 that I preordered but I can swap to a Xbox series x and maintain my order time? (Used as an example) Good to know how their system works.

Soldato
In the intervening '3080 wait' period I have sent back my unopened i7 10700k and just had an i9 10850k delivered for £45 more, sounds ok to me? New build going ahead this week then. Life will be a jar of jelly beans should the aforementioned gpu make a showing soon, any news? LOL.

Associate
If OCUK allow people to switch product yet still keep their queue position, thats an horrific business practice based on the deman for these cards. The demand for ASUS TUF cards will increase now given the news about components used. The queue has to be based purely on both product and time ordered and not just time.

As a side note, ive done a quick Google search for "ASUS TUF 3080 release date" and the first result shows a release date of 19th November 2020 - I took a screenshot -
p3YrSvg
https://ibb.co/p3YrSvg

Last edited:
Associate
Bad luck for people who waited for the 3090. Those who ordered 3080s on the release day and swapped to the 3090 on the 24th will push the guys who waited for the day a few thousand back in the queue. Tough luck guys - PS I have not done that. sticking to my 2080 order as I do not think paying twice the price is worth it.

incorrect. You can (apparently but we’ll wait for formal confirmation by OC) swap your order for one of the same or lesser value. So you won’t be able to swap for a 3090. Also you may have ordered the wrong card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom