• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I called Customer Service a week and half ago to be told the queue system would be up in a few days. Alas - here we are still waiting
Just ordered elsewhere. Zero Queue. Arrives Friday with free delivery. Interesting to see how things pan out. Been a long time OcUK customer but demand here has been off the charts compared to the small stock quantities coming through.

Associate
I either hadn't seen that post or I have since edited. However the amount of competitor posts in the last couple of pages has been ridiculous so it has been easier to just delete. Same with mention of Capacitor issues

There's been quite a lot of them, and not just me either.

Which part do you not get? I can't provide updates as I don't work for the shop

Nobody mentioned you specifically, moreso OCUK.

Associate
Odd that OCUK have actively said they get "the most stock in the UK" then when they get 30 of a card [REDACTED] allegedly received 400.

Plus free shipping... gotta admit I've ALWAYS been mad at the ridiculous price OCUK charge for shipping. I was quoted like £8.50 for some water fittings that would be like £3 to post on royal mail... I don't even like haribo either so it's not worth the extra fiver for a couple of lil packs -_-

Associate
To move away from the queue jumping and the stock questions, and re-ignite another old argument, MSI have published the following statement about its RTX3080 and 3090 cards, and it categorically shows the 3080’s have the 5+1 config. This official response from MSI seems to put to rest all the rumours they had re-designed them with the 4+2 config. It also states the issue is being resolved with a driver upgrade. I am NOT stating this is the final statement on the cause of this issue, just posting MSI’s statement. Make of it what you will

https://www.msi.com/news/detail/f96e42572185f05478d84f901007f164

btw, I’ve been away for a few hours actually focusing on work ( I know, right !) so apologies if this has already been posted.

Don
To move away from the queue jumping and the stock questions, and re-ignite another old argument, MSI have published the following statement about its RTX3080 and 3090 cards, and categorically shows the 3080’s have the 5+1 config. This official response from MSI seems to put to rest all the rumours they had re-designed them with the 4+2 config. It also states the issue is being resolved with a driver upgrade. I am NOT stating this is the final statement on the cause of this issue, just posting MSI’s statement. Make of it what you will

Capacitor / Performance issues need to go in the other thread - this thread is about stock situation
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/rtx-3080-lower-quality-capacitor-issue.18900336/

Associate
To move away from the queue jumping and the stock questions, and re-ignite another old argument, MSI have published the following statement about its RTX3080 and 3090 cards, and categorically shows the 3080’s have the 5+1 config. This official response from MSI seems to put to rest all the rumours they had re-designed them with the 4+2 config. It also states the issue is being resolved with a driver upgrade. I am NOT stating this is the final statement on the cause of this issue, just posting MSI’s statement. Make of it what you will

Literally not relevant to this thread though, use the capacitor thread. This one is just for everyone to complain about OC and Stock lol /s

Associate
Forum Moderators have nothing to do with stock updates or queues. We will however delete references to competitors and enforce the rules we have been given.

Moderators are not employed by OcUK.

Any issues you are more than welcome to discuss in the appropriate section
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/community/forum-content-discussion.164/

If you have any direct contact with the powers that be, can you tell them the following.

We as consumers, understand that stock issues and huge demand are making this a particularly tough time for all. We understand that any stock updates are likely to be not a bed of roses, but at this point, any direct communication from them is better than silence. Silence breeds contempt, and all that!

We each have at least £650 invested in nothing more than an email with a number on it currently. If we can understand their tough times, can they at least address the concerns of those customers in this thread, regarding not only stock expectations, but also the worrying possibility that trading laws may be being 'bent' to allow queue jumping?

Thanks

Associate
They also just cancelled one of my 3080 orders due to 1 card 1 person rule(though that is not stated anywhere on the retail site), even though I called when I put my order in to explain it was for my brother’s PC(in case there was, did not know at the time and was told fine btw), just like when I ordered his PC on my account before... One annoyed brother to call up now. And the second card order was actually probably more likely to come sooner, I was in no rush but his graphics card is on it’s last legs. I am going to probably cancel the 1st order too when get back later, so anyone behind me can jump up one card.

Thousands spend over the years here, not a penny more now.

Last edited:
Associate
Meh, they have a right to censor their forum however they want. Their forum, their rules. But, I'm not quite convinced I'd call what I posted competitor discussion, and leave it at that.

Hmmm, in these circumstances though it shows an unpleasant attitude of we want to hang on to your money even though we haven't got what you paid for so we won't allow anyone to tell you where you can get one now! Just saying!

Associate
If you have any direct contact with the powers that be, can you tell them the following.

We as consumers, understand that stock issues and huge demand are making this a particularly tough time for all. We understand that any stock updates are likely to be not a bed of roses, but at this point, any direct communication from them is better than silence. Silence breeds contempt, and all that!

We each have at least £650 invested in nothing more than an email with a number on it currently. If we can understand their tough times, can they at least address the concerns of those customers in this thread, regarding not only stock expectations, but also the worrying possibility that trading laws may be being 'bent' to allow queue jumping?

Thanks

Are you aware of this thread:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/foru...deliveries-how-to-cancel-your-order.18899277/

It's updated with new deliveries etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom