Arctic Freezer III now available.....

I ordered the non-rgb 360 version yesterday and fitted it today on an AM4 system. Mike from the GN review wasn't kidding when he was talikng about the spring-steel plate making the screws a pain to thread:D, but otherwise pretty easy to install.
How many attempts did it take you to thread the screws? It looked pretty annoying and was the only real downside I could see.

Steve's review was good and it looks like the Intel contact frame was the only thing needing revised.

That was what I thought too.

So if your using it on an AMD CPU, your good to go.

I shouild have mine tomorrow, though I won't get to fit it till Saturday.

Last edited:
From what I understood the contact frame issue was relative to the other third party types being sold, showing they could be more capable..?
Compared to the std fitted on a board it should still be an improvement.
As I had no third party one fitted I'll assume mine is better with the Arctic one fitted.

@clone check the compatibility link that I included in the first post, to check out your board..? The concerns seem to be centred around the top NVME port and size of some heatsinks. When I clicked that circular header in place I was surprised at how small an aera it covered. If the top slot is compromised they will send you out a free suitable heatsink as a replacement.

Last edited:
I'm still running an Artic Freezer II 320, i love the cooler, its been flawless and effective over the years but i do regret getting the 320, its overkill for a Ryzen CPU and it limits what new cases i can buy as i want to mount it in the top, not the front.

This at £70, wow... for the best 280mm CLC there is, i'm very tempted.

Last edited:
I'm still running an Artic Freezer II 320, i love the cooler, its been flawless and effective over the years but i do regret getting the 320, its overkill for a Ryzen CPU and it limits what new cases i can buy as i want to mount it in the top, not the front.

This at £70, wow... for the best 280mm CLC there is, i'm very tempted.

That's one thing that puts me off these coolers is the bigger radiators means you can fit them in the top of all cases (like my Corsair 5000D) and I don't like the idea of having the radiator as an intake and heating up the air inside the case.

I'm wondering if the 280 version could work or if that still has problems.
Does anyone know if there's a compatibility guide for cases?

That's one thing that puts me off these coolers is the bigger radiators means you can fit them in the top of all cases (like my Corsair 5000D) and I don't like the idea of having the radiator as an intake and heating up the air inside the case.

I'm wondering if the 280 version could work or if that still has problems.
Does anyone know if there's a compatibility guide for cases?

I didn't know it doesn't fit in the top of the 5000D, i want the 4000D, the 5000D is too large, is it the thickness of the rad that's the problem? I mean its thicker than typical CLC's but it can't be any thicker than a proper open loop rad, can it?

Last edited:
Length ways the 5000D is good for 320mm in the top.

Radiator Compatibility:
Front: 360mm / 280mm
Top: 360mm/ 280 mm

The 4000D is 280mm

• Top Radiator Support - 280mm / 240mm

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom