Arctic Freezer III now available.....

I've got a Meshify 2 XL case...

1690538741442-EDIT.jpg

fits a 420mm AIO in ok. Then again with the 450mm tubing it is a bit of a stretch. This is an old photo of when I had the rev 2 AF 420mm and my 4080 vertical mounted.

The GPU is now horizontally mounted, still got the piece of bluetak tho.
That GPU looks tiny compared to size of the case and cpu cooler .

That GPU looks tiny compared to size of the case and cpu cooler .

Indeed...!

When I first fitted it like that, vertical mounted, the RTX 4080 looked positively tiny. Having read what others were posting about the weight and size, then looking at my case, I wondered if I had the "mini" version..!
On the right of the GPU, you could imagine the whole section having 3.5" HD bays at one point.

I'll be buying the 360 Version assuming itll fit the case i have Phanteks P600S. Replacing my air cooled Thermalright Peerless assasin, on my 7800X3D. Although temps and noise are quite good at moment only seen cpu hit 70c.

Fits perfectly well in my 5000d airflow, this is the old version, I took delivery of the new one yesterday so I still got to fit it.
That does look like a different revision of the 5000D.
The top looks different, the current 5000D only has 2 vertical PCIe blanking plates, you can only install 3 fans on the side panel not 4 and no window in the PSU shroud.
That does look more like a 7000D.

That does look like a different revision of the 5000D.
The top looks different, the current 5000D only has 2 vertical PCIe blanking plates, you can only install 3 fans on the side panel not 4 and no window in the PSU shroud.
That does look more like a 7000D.

Indeed, that was my first thought - having got a 5000D tucked away in the loft, not very accessible. Good points about the PSU window etc.
I have been tempted to dig out that case and try the 420mm AF II. I'll wait and see what @clone confirms later :)

Other than the recall, has anyone ever had an issue with their Freezer II? Mine’s coming up to 4 years old and is running good-as-new, but I’m considering swapping for a III whilst the price is so low.

Mine arrived yesterday, no reason to replace my freezer ii yet but cant see the launch price sticking around so grabbed one for whenever I switch to Zen5. To my surprise as I've not read reviews just had a quick look at noise+temps the bracket for intel is actually made of metal! Just assumed it would be plastic given the cost but it being made of metal was a nice surprise.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if with the A-RGB version, if you don't connect the RGB cable does the fan still light up? (in case I get a 7000D and can then fit one). Can you even turn off the RGB if you do connect them?
I have no interest in RGB but the fan have a higher max rpm than the non-RGB fans.

Does anyone know if with the A-RGB version, if you don't connect the RGB cable does the fan still light up? (in case I get a 7000D and can then fit one). Can you even turn off the RGB if you do connect them?
I have no interest in RGB but the fan have a higher max rpm than the non-RGB fans.
You have to connect the rgb connection to get any light, I used the single cable to control the pump and vrm.

I changed the stock fans for lian li 140mm infinity fans, temps are good.

Back
Top Bottom