Arctic Freezer III now available.....

Soldato
Having looked for another cooler I was pleasantly surprised to see that the revision III of these respected AIO type coolers are now on sale.

A couple of reviews....

Arctic's webpage to check for motherboard compatibility...

It seems that you now have a choice on whether to use a single type connection, as typical, or to split them for individual control.....

Liquid-Freezer-III-420-A-RGB-Multicompatible-All-in-One-CPU-Water-Cooler-ACFRE00145-A-ARCTIC.png

socket support...

Liquid-Freezer-III-420-A-RGB-Multicompatible-All-in-One-CPU-Water-Cooler-ACFRE00145-A-ARCTIC-1.png

some other details....

Liquid-Freezer-III-420-A-RGB-Multicompatible-All-in-One-CPU-Water-Cooler-ACFRE00145-A-ARCTIC-2.png

Liquid-Freezer-III-420-A-RGB-Multicompatible-All-in-One-CPU-Water-Cooler-ACFRE00145-A-ARCTIC-4.png

with the more flexible tubing, with rotating heads on the block, it seems a decent AIO. Mine, the 420mm aRGB, should turn up some time today. Not sure when I'll get time to fit it.

Associate
Its really good for AM4/AM5 thanks to incorporating offset mout from the get go

Intel mounting frame got bad reviews, performance isn't anything special.
I smell a revision coming. Arctic are usually good at addressing criticisms

Soldato
OP
Apart from, not from experience but from noting GN's posted video review, the better offering for the contact frame from third party suppliers being better, but could not be used, the rest of what is offered does seem to be incremental small improvements that overall make it a decent enough change.
Pretty hard, perhaps, improving on the rev II that set the bar so high.
Some might like being able to control the pump, fans and VRM fan individually.
I don't know it is is correct, but someone made a comment in one of those videos, or in the review from where I bought mine from, stating that if you contact AC they will send you some form of alternative fitting to not need to use their CF.
Arctic continually evolved the rev II version that I have, IIRC mine being rev IV at the time of purchase.

Soldato
Just ordered one of these to replace my ageing II I got on B stock for cheap in 2021. Seems a no brainer with how cheap the White ARGB 360 version is compared to competitors that are worse.

Soldato
OP
I ordered the non-rgb 360 version yesterday and fitted it today on an AM4 system. Mike from the GN review wasn't kidding when he was talikng about the spring-steel plate making the screws a pain to thread:D, but otherwise pretty easy to install.

Well done. Did you use the typical all in one type connections or the other option of controlling the fans, vrm and pump..? I don't think that they have their own software to do that..?

Associate
Ordered the 360mm A-RGB black yesterday for £77, I was not planning on getting a new cooler. But after watching both Nexus videos I was sold :D

But at that price it's a no brainier and I can use my current one for my daughters PC upgrade later in the year, it's only a year old.

Last edited:
Associate
Its really good for AM4/AM5 thanks to incorporating offset mout from the get go

Intel mounting frame got bad reviews, performance isn't anything special.
I smell a revision coming. Arctic are usually good at addressing criticisms

So for intel there are better options? I guess not at this introductory price range. Its a shame different mounting frames cant be used.

Associate
Well done. Did you use the typical all in one type connections or the other option of controlling the fans, vrm and pump..? I don't think that they have their own software to do that..?
I used the all in one for the sake of simplicity. Arctic don't have their own control software that I'm aware of.

Soldato
OP
I used the all in one for the sake of simplicity. Arctic don't have their own control software that I'm aware of.

As noted, I used the separate controls.....Because I could I suppose. Not knowing the expected speeds of the pump etc much of what I see it guesswork. At least with the one connection that is of no concern.

Associate
The new adjustable pipe angle feature on the pump head should finally make a 420 a more comfortable fit in my case. With the Freezer II they were a little tight for comfort with a top mounting and I downsized to a 360 due to that, but always wanted to go back to a 420.

However I will also wait to see if there are any issues with the new Freezer III and any revisions before I pull the trigger on a Freezer III 420.

Back
Top Bottom