Are all the claims for a 5.1 jailbreak rubbish

pod2g ‏ @pod2g
OK, tested on an iPad 3,1 running 5.1.1. Jailbroken untethered. :-) No issue.

Thats V good news!!!

Hopefully it will be inside of a week but I am just being impatient as I was forced to go to 5.1 on my 4S! :(

Bit of housekeeping notes! (Do the SHSH blobs thing!)

What do you mean by properly..? There was one for iOS 5.0.1 untethered, 5.1 wasn't released THAT long ago was it?

These jailbreaks most likely won't work in iOS6 and then people like pod2g roll back a few steps and start over, or work on exploits what haven't been patched.

Im not taking anything away from the jail breakers. believe me I am super grateful for them!!
I'm just saying the harder apple make it the longer it will take to jailbreak and it could be 6 months before the latest iOS is jailbroke. As much as I love apple and IOS it lacks soo many features.

Agreed, it does. Some things which are extremely stupid as well (more than 'x' apps in a folder).

I've been jailbreaking since I had my iPod touch 1st gen, so 3.x I think. I can't remember how long it was for them to get jailbreaks out then, but surely if Apple keep trying they will just come to a hault.. ? Shame, I really do love my phone jailbroken and hopefuly can see some improvement on the battery from iOS 5.1/.1 when the jailbreak is released and I update.

Really looking forward to the jailbreak for my 4S. What exactly can you do when you've jailbreaked? Any risks of losing contacts etc?
No, they should be backed up with iCloud anyway.

For what you can do, I would just go look at iDownloadblog or something. Or the jailbreak thread somewhere I made a year or two ago.

On my phone I would jailbreak just for bitesms, plenty of other things though as well.

Not for the iPad 3 and 4s though.

Will be nice to jailbreak the iPad again (my 1st gen was), though will be nice to update on the phone and then JB again.

Back
Top Bottom