Are all the claims for a 5.1 jailbreak rubbish

Is it worth doing? Never been interested but curious now. What can you do which is so great say on a iPad? Don't want to be forever messing with it like on android devices

To be honest with you, people do it to open the device up for development. A lot of people do it so they can get paid applications for free too.

It's up to the users if they wish to go ahead with it but theres pros and cons to both jail breaking and leaving it non jailbroken.

To be honest with you, people do it to open the device up for development. A lot of people do it so they can get paid applications for free too.

It's up to the users if they wish to go ahead with it but theres pros and cons to both jail breaking and leaving it non jailbroken.

I don't believe this is the case at all.

I would say in place of what you said.

A lot of people jailbreak so they can install Cydia tweaks and customise the look of the phone.

Getting paid applications isn't something endorsed by Cydia even though a 3rd party source is how you obtain it. Cydia doesn't promote ripping off paid applications.

Cydia doesn't promote it obviuously, but everyone I know (teenagers) who knows about jailbreaking only does because of the free applications. Shame, this is why it has a bad name around it.

My latest tweak disables access to 'Photos' from the camera app, the button is just disabled. Something so simple but nice for me.

List of tested devices for the upcoming 5.1.1 jailbreak

Here is the list of devices that are known to work for sure :

iPhone 3Gs
iPhone 4
iPhone 4 CDMA
iPhone 4S
iPad 1
iPad 2 Wifi
iPad 2 GSM
iPad 2 CDMA
iPad 3 Wifi
iPad 3 CDMA
iPod 3G
iPod 4G
AppleTV 2

Here is the list of devices that won't be supported :
AppleTV 3

Remains to test (but that should work) :
iPad 2 Wifi, R2
iPad 3 Global

[updated May 22th 2012, 10:00 GMT]
http://pod2g-ios.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/list-of-tested-devices-for-upcoming-511.html

Back
Top Bottom