• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are prices of the 2700x expected to drop much after the new cpus launch?

Associate
Well with me you see if this ryzen 3000 series is worth it, and if i buy a ryzen 3000 series processor to replace my 2700x i will pick a person on this forum who will meet my demand that he will use it and or building a pc for kids or whatever and well yeah i will give that chosen person a free 2700x when i mean free i mean completely free.

And if i upgrade from my sapphire vega 64 same thing with the chosen person to give a vega 64 too you see,

With me i consult the person who i want to give, not the other way round asking me to give them it.

Yea it will all be done with the trust feature on this forum so i will get a trust e-mail like before when i sent some free smartphones the nokia 8 and lenovo p2.

Dan.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well with me you see if this ryzen 3000 series is worth it, and if i buy a ryzen 3000 series processor to replace my 2700x i will pick a person on this forum who will meet my demand that he will use it and or building a pc for kids or whatever and well yeah i will give that chosen person a free 2700x when i mean free i mean completely free.

And if i upgrade from my sapphire vega 64 same thing with the chosen person to give a vega 64 too you see,

With me i consult the person who i want to give, not the other way round asking me to give them it.

Yea it will all be done with the trust feature on this forum so i will get a trust e-mail like before when i sent some free smartphones the nokia 8 and lenovo p2.

Dan.

Not enough peeps like you. Pay it forward.

And no, I'm no I'm not asking to be considered.

Associate
I'm definitely one of those people, i like to spoil people even if they are strangers.

4 people who is > @HXSVN i gave him a free gtx 970 and then @Praz94 gave him a free gtx 1070, and the 3rd person is @koooowweeee gave him a free nokia 8 mobile phone for his wife, and the last is @Vexr he got a free lenovo p2.

All those 4 people would say i did do that for them ;).

Reason why i give for free is that there is absolutely nothing to complain about sometimes my stuff is not the best of condition but those items were of very good condition to all 4 of those people.

Second is i like to help people with a small budget for pc hardware, and would like them to have a decent enough pc by using parts that i have given away, so 2700x and sapphire vega 64 would be next in time to come.

Thirdly i don't feel comfortable with strict measures with having to sell it for a price, i dislike that fully, i want it to be without that and just give it for free and the like.

And fourthly it is complete fair play, it is all of my own doing and coming out of the blue so to speak.

And fifthly i am on benefits so you might hate me but it's not my own money i am wasteing and i am spoiled like hell it is like a free money holiday and that is why i like to share the spoil of my life style and that is the main reason, if it was my own money well i think most know the answer to that hah and that is why there is not enough people like me well that is one reason out of many regarding my fifthly explanation regarding people like me.

So yea just to make life easier is definitely what i would treat people to and would do it from my perspective.

Dan.

Last edited:
Soldato
It likely depends on how much 14nm capacity AMD have already bought.

The 1xxx generation has been produced even after the 2xxx for quite a long time because they have so much spare 14nm capacity at GlobalFoundries.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/1391...th-globalfoudries-set-to-buy-wafers-till-2021

Now that the 3xxx is with TSMC (although IO die likely remains with GlobalFoundries), they need to find some use with the minimum purchase agreement they have with GlobalFoundries.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I'm definitely one of those people, i like to spoil people even if they are strangers.

4 people who is > @HXSVN i gave him a free gtx 970 and then @Praz94 gave him a free gtx 1070, and the 3rd person is @koooowweeee gave him a free nokia 8 mobile phone for his wife, and the last is @Vexr he got a free lenovo p2.

Reason why i give for free is that there is absolutely nothing to complain about sometimes my stuff is not the best of condition but those items were of very good condition to all 4 of those people.

Second is i like to help people with a small budget for pc hardware, and would like them to have a decent enough pc by using parts that i have given away, so 2700x and sapphire vega 64 would be next in time to come.

Thirdly i don't feel comfortable with strict measures with having to sell it for a price, i dislike that fully, i want it to be without that and just give it for free and the like.

And fourthly it is complete fair play, it is all of my own doing and coming out of the blue so to speak.

And fifthly i am on benefits so you might hate me but it's not my own money i am wasteing and i am spoiled like hell it is like a free money holiday and that is why i like to share the spoil of my life style and that is the main reason, if it was my own money well i think most know the answer to that hah and that is why there is not enough people like me well that is one reason out of many regarding my fifthly explanation regarding people like me.

So yea just to make life easier is definitely what i would treat people to and would do it from my perspective.

Dan.

Can 100% vouch for this, no bs, no strings attached. Even when I offered to send some money, it was still refuted!

Though Dan, I am wondering which 3000 series chip you are considering to replace the 2700x? Im assuming it'll be either the 12c or 16c

Associate
Can 100% vouch for this, no bs, no strings attached. Even when I offered to send some money, it was still refuted!

Though Dan, I am wondering which 3000 series chip you are considering to replace the 2700x? Im assuming it'll be either the 12c or 16c

I am eyeing the 8 core 3800x, if it is even worth it when we all finally witness the release of the 3000 series chips, then i might take the plunge.

Dan.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I am eyeing the 8 core 3800x, if it is even worth it when we all finally witness the release of the 3000 series chips, then i might take the plunge.

Dan.

In all honesty, not sure if it is worth it. Of course it does perform better than the 2700x, but its pretty marginal considering its still the same core count and slightly better IPC and clock speed.

If you're only planning on sticking with 8 cores, I would suggest waiting for Zen3/4000 series, otherwise I think it'll be better for you to go for the 12c at least. Depending on what mobo you have though

Associate

Dan.

to me your comments are actually offensive. So you get enough free handouts that you can buy what you like and then feel special by your generosity in giving your old gear which you in effect did not have to work for away. It might be just me but as a hard worker who goes out to work so i can actually pay for my gear it comes across as very crass. and before others jump down my throat i have no problem in people who have no option to live on benefits. I know a lot but i am not aware of any who receive such help that they can joke about what they can afford to buy.

Associate
to me your comments are actually offensive. So you get enough free handouts that you can buy what you like and then feel special by your generosity in giving your old gear which you in effect did not have to work for away. It might be just me but as a hard worker who goes out to work so i can actually pay for my gear it comes across as very crass. and before others jump down my throat i have no problem in people who have no option to live on benefits. I know a lot but i am not aware of any who receive such help that they can joke about what they can afford to buy.

No comment,

If you found any of my remarks offensive then i apologise.

I am under the mental health act so i am on benefits, so i can't work.

As for being crass, i often think about where my senses are regarding money to be honest.

Anyways i should not be giving away because i do think it is crass but i don't want that though yeah so i'll stick to crass.

Anyways i wasn't expecting people out there to have a problem with what i said, with my posts hoping they would be ignored or whatever.

I'm not joking that just isn't me.

As for feeling special about giving away stuff, i have this to say, money can never buy happiness, it is the least i can do by giving away my used hardware and i love the moment when the person is wowed by all of it.

Feeling special isn't a second nature with me, i always feel special if you want to put it that way 24/7 instead of it being temporary, it is like with xmas when people feel special then so yea but that is 1 day of the year.

Anyways many people have said that there should be more people like me, when i sacrifice something it gets treated as kindness which is nice and also i expect nothing from that person or whoever.

I must admit and you must be thinking that it is indeed about me, well i can't think what to say apart from this, yes i am showing off.

Those who are offended is for a reason of past regret or something you did to make you feel offended i must say, otherwise you wouldn't feel offended as well as your inner peace and the like.

p.s. it is wonderful feeling special 24/7 and i think it has to do with my mental health but i actually enjoy it.

Dan.

Last edited:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I find this post offensive.

Imagine being generous and kind enough to essentially give people free PC parts that are usually expensive, to then be blasted for it. In a world where everyone is greedy and selfish, its rare to come across a user like Dan!

Associate
I find this post offensive.

Imagine being generous and kind enough to essentially give people free PC parts that are usually expensive, to then be blasted for it. In a world where everyone is greedy and selfish, its rare to come across a user like Dan!

Your very welcome Praz, that is why i do stuff like that because i know deep down in people's hearts they well and truly are appreciating it.

Dan.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Is it worth upgrading from a 2600 (which I currently have OC'd to 4.1) to a 2700x if I can find a good deal? Also, what are some overclocks that people have managed to get the 2700x. it boosts to 4.3 so I assume you can get it up to 4.4 or 4.5 possibly?

Associate
Is it worth upgrading from a 2600 (which I currently have OC'd to 4.1) to a 2700x if I can find a good deal? Also, what are some overclocks that people have managed to get the 2700x. it boosts to 4.3 so I assume you can get it up to 4.4 or 4.5 possibly?

You can have my 2700x for defending me on here as well as when i upgrade to a 8 or 12 core ryzen 3000 series, i am eager to upgrade here a lot because i want to keep up with the newest stuff on the market.

Those 2 extra cores will make a difference.

To prevent confusion it will be entirely be free, so yea when i buy a 3000 series processor i will give you this 2700x and has not been overclocked.

When the time comes give me your address via trust email or personal message, i will ask you first when the time comes anyways.

So yea that will be july time, i think when the ryzen 3000 series processors come out, if there is little difference regarding the 8 core 3000 series processor then i will get the 12 core one.

Dan.

Last edited:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

You can have my 2700x for defending me on here as well as when i upgrade to a 8 or 12 core ryzen 3000 series, i am eager to upgrade here a lot because i want to keep up with the newest stuff on the market.

Those 2 extra cores will make a difference.

To prevent confusion it will be entirely be free, so yea when i buy a 3000 series processor i will give you this 2700x and has not been overclocked.

When the time comes give me your address via trust email or personal message, i will ask you first when the time comes anyways.

So yea that will be july time, i think when the ryzen 3000 series processors come out, if there is little difference regarding the 8 core 3000 series processor then i will get the 12 core one.

Dan.

Wow that is crazy, I dont know what to say!

I was merely just thinking if it would even be worth it tbh, because the prices are bound to go down for the 2000 series as soon as the 3000 series chips get released, and I was just wondering whether it would be worth it to upgrade. 8 core does seem much better long term though, especially the X variant as ive heard it truly is one of the best CPU's you can get

Associate
Wow that is crazy, I dont know what to say!

I was merely just thinking if it would even be worth it tbh, because the prices are bound to go down for the 2000 series as soon as the 3000 series chips get released, and I was just wondering whether it would be worth it to upgrade. 8 core does seem much better long term though, especially the X variant as ive heard it truly is one of the best CPU's you can get

Your very welcome mate, well yea those 8 cores are better long term but is it worth it if you was buying well maybe yes or maybe no depending if all of the 8 cores are going to be used.

Dan.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Your very welcome mate, well yea those 8 cores are better long term but is it worth it if you was buying well maybe yes or maybe no depending if all of the 8 cores are going to be used.

Dan.

I do run a few different VM's at times whilst also running a bunch of other programmes and ive noticed that my CPU usage has gotten too high. I mean its still not a huge issue but I feel like it'll just be better overall to upgrade to a 8 core 2700x or even a cheaper Zen2 chip because of the IPC gains and higher clock speeds they offer.

Associate
I see, well i will give you this 2700x when the time comes, and yeah if your motherboard supports ryzen 3000 series, then buy a 8 core or 12 core ryzen 3 processor by selling your ryzen 2600 as well as the 2700x i give you and treat your self to that and i don't mind.

That is if the ryzen 2700x is not up to the task for the job of running VM's so yeah.

Dan.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I see, well i will give you this 2700x when the time comes, and yeah if your motherboard supports ryzen 3000 series, then buy a 8 core or 12 core ryzen 3 processor by selling your ryzen 2600 as well as the 2700x i give you and treat your self to that and i don't mind.

Dan.

Wow that'll be awesome man thank you so much!!

Guess its better to check everything out properly once the 3000 chips are released so there can be proper tests and comparisons and see just how much better they are.

Now here's hoping my B450 gaming pro carbon can actually handle the 2700x let alone the 3000 series ones :p

Associate
Wow that'll be awesome man thank you so much!!

Guess its better to check everything out properly once the 3000 chips are released so there can be proper tests and comparisons and see just how much better they are.

Now here's hoping my B450 gaming pro carbon can actually handle the 2700x let alone the 3000 series ones :p

B450 should be able too with a bios update, but that is at the back of my mind but i am confident it will support ryzen 3 none the less.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC it says with the latest bios support for new amd cpu so i assume that is ryzen 3.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

B450 should be able too with a bios update, but that is at the back of my mind but i am confident it will support ryzen 3 none the less.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-GAMING-PRO-CARBON-AC it says with the latest bios support for new amd cpu so i assume that is ryzen 3.

Thats what I was thinking as well, its just all the talk of the x570 boards being "recommended" by people like MSI I guess it really depends on the exact board you have and whether its actually good enough.

But like I said, we should wait until 7/7 and see some real world tests and opinions before anything, thats the safest bet.

Back
Top Bottom