• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are prices of the 2700x expected to drop much after the new cpus launch?

Soldato
12 core for me, looking at the x570 mobo's but may look at x470 with a bios update if the new boardsa are too expensive, would like x570 for amd's next navi gpu's when they hit the market (pci-e gen 4)

Associate
12 core for me, looking at the x570 mobo's but may look at x470 with a bios update if the new boardsa are too expensive, would like x570 for amd's next navi gpu's when they hit the market (pci-e gen 4)

Yep i view the x470 motherboards as a good alternative.

From what i know, pci-e 4.0 is only needed if your running nvme m.2. in raid configuration.

Apart from that your good to go, graphics cards correct me if wrong but they don't really need pci-e 4.0 yet.

edit

Haha i am gonna back away as i have not researched much about this but yeah... regarding navi and pci-e 4.0.

But from what i have read, at this point in time there isn't much demand for pci-e 4 over 3 as the bandwidth has not been fully used up to it's limit regarding pci-e 3 with cards like the really expensive 2080 ti and the like, so hopefully the navi cards should be able to beat 2080 ti but i don't think so but the bandwidth should help regarding pci-e 4.0.

This pci-e 4 thing is a pr stunt or marketing i think but it does have it's uses non the less.

So yeah all based on apparently with me here so take that with a pinch of salt.

Dan.

Last edited:
Soldato
12 core for me, looking at the x570 mobo's but may look at x470 with a bios update if the new boardsa are too expensive

So if anyone buys a x470 board how would you go about updating bios for 3000 chips if you don't have a older ryzen? I know about bios flashback, but not all boards have this feature?

Edit. Put this in ryzen 3000 thread instead.

Last edited:
Soldato
So if anyone buys a x470 board how would you go about updating bios for 3000 chips if you don't have a older ryzen? I know about bios flashback, but not all boards have this feature?

Edit. Put this in ryzen 3000 thread instead.

you would need a 2nd gen ryzen cpu to do a bios update first, but if you have a asus board you can update the bios withoout a cpu installed via a usb stick and the bios flash button on the rear io, personally id buy a cheap apu 2200g and carry out a update within the bios just for saftey reasons.
we'll see, if the new x570's are north of £400 i'll opt for a x470 instead and update

Soldato
you would need a 2nd gen ryzen cpu to do a bios update first, but if you have a asus board you can update the bios withoout a cpu installed via a usb stick and the bios flash button on the rear io, personally id buy a cheap apu 2200g and carry out a update within the bios just for saftey reasons.
we'll see, if the new x570's are north of £400 i'll opt for a x470 instead and update

That’s what I was thinking. Get a cheap apu .

Associate
Cringing over my reply but,

I have not made up my mind so i am contemplating, i know i give away my 2700x if i do actually upgrade to ryzen 3000 series, and yes i know i shouldn't bang on about this.

But there is little point with me, i hardly game and i only use the pc with light use like web browsing.

I might or might not upgrade just have to see, i think the ryzen 4000 series would be more realistic.

I know i am all over the place and should get my backside into gear but that is just me heh.

Like being a kid in the sweet shop in relation to considering what to get that is all.

Dan.

Last edited:
Associate
Cringing over my reply but,

I have not made up my mind so i am contemplating, i know i give away my 2700x if i do actually upgrade to ryzen 3000 series, and yes i know i shouldn't bang on about this.

But there is little point with me, i hardly game and i only use the pc with light use like web browsing.

I might or might not upgrade just have to see, i think the ryzen 4000 series would be more realistic.

I know i am all over the place and should get my backside into gear but that is just me heh.

Like being a kid in the sweet shop in relation to considering what to get that is all.

Dan.

With all that kit you should game a little more then. Depending on what you are into I find that anyone I know who's tried the civ games love them. That's a fairly demanding game especially late on with all settings ramped to max lol.

If you don't game though I'd probably not bother doing anything until a game or app comes out where you need the horsepower... Then decide.

Buying for buying sake can be almost a compulsive addiction lol, but better to think keep that money, stick it aside then really go nuts when there's something really worth having.

Soldato
saw a post online about leaked x570 mobo and 3rd gen ryzen cpu's on a dutch website. Cpu's wernt too bad wht you'd expect the 3900x after conversion to £ was around the £550 mark, but what stood out were the mobo costs the top end gigabyte board looked to cost around £882 and most of the leaked asus boards wre hitting around £471, if this sticks bring on the x470 with a bios update, i cant justify spending more on a mobo than a cpu.
i just hope the x470 with a 3rd gen ryzen with a bios update the ram speeds will improve also, i've got my fingers crossed

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Yep i view the x470 motherboards as a good alternative.

From what i know, pci-e 4.0 is only needed if your running nvme m.2. in raid configuration.

Apart from that your good to go, graphics cards correct me if wrong but they don't really need pci-e 4.0 yet.

edit

Haha i am gonna back away as i have not researched much about this but yeah... regarding navi and pci-e 4.0.

But from what i have read, at this point in time there isn't much demand for pci-e 4 over 3 as the bandwidth has not been fully used up to it's limit regarding pci-e 3 with cards like the really expensive 2080 ti and the like, so hopefully the navi cards should be able to beat 2080 ti but i don't think so but the bandwidth should help regarding pci-e 4.0.

This pci-e 4 thing is a pr stunt or marketing i think but it does have it's uses non the less.

So yeah all based on apparently with me here so take that with a pinch of salt.

Dan.

Yeah this is accurate to say the least.. It was all because pcie 4 was delayed by quite a bit, so its right next to the release of pcie 5, which should also be coming out this year

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I like the look of the 12 core simply for that huge amount of L2 & L3 cache. However the 12 core is totally overkill for me and the 3600 would be more than enough. Still I may want to 12 core for future proofing and to enjoy slightly faster performance over the next 6 years.

it seems like overkill now, but a few years down it'll probably become quite the norm.

Game developers are pretty much only just beginning to make use of the extra cores, so by the time that becomes quite normal, Gaming setups should have 8 cores as a standard.

Back
Top Bottom