• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are the GTX 970's & 980's already the best GPU's ever made?

Soldato
Wow: just caught up on this thread. Some of the baiting in this thread from the tedious, pathetic fanboys is laughably embarrassing. The fact some of you are 40+ years old and engage in childish GPU brand mud slinging wars just makes it all the more tragic. I hope one day your children see what Daddy does on the Internet. Should be ashamed.

To me the best GPU of all time was the 6600GT :).

Aaaah Rusty, now you are talking, I loved my Gainward 6600GT GLH, what a card that was, talk about bang for buck. :D

Associate
Oh lord so many fanboy statements or bait.....

For some of you guys.
Just go and check the various bench threads on this forum when comparing 290 vs 970 and 980 on different speeds and cooling.

User results are often better then those review sites some of you guys linked.
The biggest prob with review sites is that they never seems to take the cards to the limit when oc with different cooling, Use latest driver, or maximize image settling.

@Lambchop

You don't nead a fridge or chiller to make 290 a powerful card!!!!!
Water cooling make the 290 2 beat 970 when both oced and get close to 980 in some games or benchies when both are at ther max oc (watercooling).

Ok now OT

For me the maxwell 970 and 980 don't qualify as top 3 even.

9800pro,8800gtx,4870,x850xt were better allround cards of their time.:)

Soldato
I think a better question is would the 9x0s have been the best GPUs ever.

If a commensurate process were available. We know that Nvidia wanted Maxwell to be so much more but TSMC/Apple got in the way. It seems Pascal will be what Maxwell should have been but forget about £260 for the salvage part. The pricetag tells you that NV themselves don't rate the 900 series.

Soldato
nothing makes more noise than the AMD 7990 not even my hoover :p:p

so the joke's on you :p

You forgot the famous Nvidia FX5800 dust blower,

350x700px-LL-3d666206_blower1.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOVjZqC1AE4

;) good old days :) .

Back
Top Bottom