Are there any ATX 3.0 PUS on sale already?

Soldato

FSP announces HYDRO Ti PRO, HYDRO PTM X PRO, HYDRO PTM PRO, HYDRO G PRO, HYDRO GT PRO and DAGGER PRO ATX 3.0 PSUs.

Soldato

Toughpower SFX series ATX 3.0 MSRP:
  • 750 W: $ 159.99 / € 169,90 / £173ish
  • 850 W: $ 179.99 / € 194,90 / £194ish
  • 1000 W: $ 234.99 / € 244,90 / £254ish
In stock from November 2022.

Hmm, that's a better price than the Asus ROG Loki SFX-L series. Guess I'll wait for reviews.
I really wanna keep using a small case but don't wanna be ripped off having to spend a lot more to get a ATX 3.0 SFX power supply. Already need to pay a premium for mATX motherboards over standard ATX size :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmm, that's a better price than the Asus ROG Loki SFX-L series. Guess I'll wait for reviews.
I really wanna keep using a small case but don't wanna be ripped off having to spend a lot more to get a ATX 3.0 SFX power supply. Already need to pay a premium for mATX motherboards over standard ATX size :mad:
Gonna need that 1000w to power the 4090! Least there's more than one on the market now to choose from.

Soldato
Yes. I noticed the prices difference about both are that the ASUS ROG Lofi SFX-L series has Platinum efficiency and Toughpower SFX series has Gold efficiency so that why it is cheaper than ASUS.

Associate
Browsed a few site and I cannot find one in stock ready to dispatch, building a new rig (not 40xx as I still have a functioning brain and got a 3090 second hand for my 3D work) so I much rather going straight for an ATX 3.0, I am already surprised my BeQuiet 630W is running the 3090 OC with 8700k no problems.

Read the thread and could not find any OC Staff commenting on when these will live?

Associate
Yeah would be nice to get some info on when the ATX 3.0 PSU stock will be in, I also have one on pre-order but would be great if we had a rough date. I managed to get my hands on a RTX 4090, but kind of just sitting on my new build with it as I don't have a good enough PSU (My 760W has done me well over the past 7 years, but with a 12900k and 4090... it wouldn't quuuuuite cut it I think :D)

If it's going to be quite a long time then I'll probably just cancel my pre-order and just buy something that's currently out and just deal with the 4 PCIe cables!

Associate
Two reviews suggest the gigabyte doesn't even pass all the ATX 3.0 tests so it may be gigabyte up to their tricks again. Never thought finding a ATX 3.0 PSU would be the hardest part of my new build.

Soldato
Two reviews suggest the gigabyte doesn't even pass all the ATX 3.0 tests so it may be gigabyte up to their tricks again. Never thought finding a ATX 3.0 PSU would be the hardest part of my new build.
Typical Gigabyte after their exploding psu fiasco, guess they haven't learnt anything.

Associate
A little late to this chat but I have pre ordered the Thermaltake 1200W ATX3.0. A competitor listed expected delivery timelines at the time of me ordering suggesting an in stock date of 20 Oct, but have since removed. Imminenetly is the word used when I engaged with OcUK CS staff.

Last edited:
Caporegime
only one 12VHPWR and 2x PCIE after 2 get used up for the CPU

doesn't seem very future proof, NVDA cards in 6 years will probably be using 2x 12VHPWR :cry:

Associate
I was tempted to buy a atx 3.0 psu but after the scaremongering about transient power spikes has subsided I really don’t see the need to buy one when an adaptor works fine even though unsightly. I really thought we would have got decent atx 3.0 PSUs by the main manufacturers for the 4090 release but it looks like they missed their opportunity especially now psu manufacturers are offering special 12VHPWR Adapter Cables.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ordered one of the TUF 1000W ATX 3.0 PSUs, with any luck Asus will be releasing those soon as well.

Yeah considered that one too but if review shows it's another one where a better quality 2.0 for less money is performing better I shan't bother. Time is on my side though luckily.

Soldato
I was contemplating buying a new PSU but honestly with the concerns over the new GPU plugs&sockets I am going to hold off, or just buy a "non 3.0" PSU.

Last edited:
Soldato
Same here, I'm staying well away from the new 4090/4080 gpus the conecter is a fire hazard, nvidia dropped the ball on this and I suspect EVGA withdrew for that reason, the new 3.0 psu's could come with their own problems as well.

Last edited:
Associate
With the dangerous adapter it's unfortunate that no ATX 3.0 PSU's have showed up. Although it seemed the 1200W Thermaltake would be in stock soon they went way overdue. I wonder if the PSU companies are now worried about their cables and are holding them back.

Back
Top Bottom