Are you cheap? Share your cheapness stories here!

Caporegime
Boycie said:
We always take a handful of pencils from Ikea :p

The boys had a competition last year, they had hundres of the thing, we counted it and it was near to a thousand. I think they cleaned out the Cardiff Ikea store of Pencils.

As to the cinema thing, I do it too, well, I don't actually buy anything in there if i go alone. Might take a bottle of coke if i am thirsty, but if i am with friends then i do get the popcorn and drinks. Its more of a day out and more fun then.

Associate
I refuse to wipe my bum on ridiculously expensive toilet paper so I keep a special sponge next to the loo that I run under that tap when needed *

* I am lying :)

Man of Honour
Psyk said:
I always avoid buying people drinks. Some people spend so much money because after a few drinks they buy drinks for everyone. Not me, I'm cheap.

Thats me.. I spend enough money on drinks for my self letter alone other people. I keep trying to stop myself I just can't.. Whats worse is i'm on small pay compared to my freinds..

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Money means nothing to me tbh. If I have it, I spend it. If I don't, meh.

Although a lot on here is just common sense.

Soldato
£10 of mobile credit can last me a long time too, I do however stick a tenner a month on so i get the free messages every month (02 - 300 free msg's a month) so i now have about £40 on my phone because i never use the £10 worth of credit before the end of the month but i still put another £10 on for the free messages :p

also £10 is an expensive night out for me. 3 pints and a portion of chips on the way home is my night out - £7

yes im VERY tight when i want to be :D

Soldato
Actually, apart from buying a lot of food (and I’m looking to reduce this by cutting out junk) I’m pretty tight with my money –

1. Never buy drinks on a night out. I ALWAYS drive, get them to pay my petrol and only drink soft drinks all night, but ensure they pay for them. In 8 years, I’ve never spent more then £5 on a night out.

2. I never get my car cleaned other then by my own hands. Car washes and hand washes by others are a waste of money

3. NEVER flush the toilet after going for a pee.. Only flush when it’s brown. Saves water.

4. Use energy saving lights. If you can, have no lights on if you have the TV or PC on

5. Drive your car at 3K for most of the trip. I can get my car to do 40mpg and it’s a Honda Accord 2.0 Sport

6. NEVER buy drinks and popcorn in the cinema, and NEVER go to see a movie on day of release. Wait for Orange Wednesdays, or cheap Tuesdays to get half price entry

7. When trouser hems drop, using double sided tape to stitch them back up with.

8. Old toothbrushes are perfect for cleaning around the house. Never chuck them away

9. Never take money to work.

10. Never take your credit card out with you when shopping

11. Always buy CD’s, DVDs etc online.

12. Always stock up on BOGOF deals. Always take a calculator with you shopping

13. Ice cream boxes are great as lunch boxes. Saves buying a real one

14. Always save junk mail envelopes, and stuck your own address label over the top and black out the freepost info if need be. Saves buying your own

15. Old shoes and clothes etc are great for dogs. Make great beds and chew toys

16. Junk mail is great for scrap paper.

17. Old newspapers are great as door mats for dogs with muddy feet

Ah I’ve gotta stop… I’m looking very cheap here. Sad thing is, I do all of the above to save money.

Ooh, Ooh... Take all the phones out of the sockets on the house, and use the internet... I've save a packet by not having any phones in the house.. Only have a phone line for Internet.

And I don't have a mobile. Borrow someones if you need one, or get the company oncall phone like I do, and GET paid for having it.. Bonus..!!

Soldato
i don't think i'm that cheap, the only thing being I hunt around for bargins on things like airport parking, insurance, etc.

Some people being cheap are a joke though. I've got 'friends' that never buy drinks when we're out, despite others getting rounds in. They never pay for a taxi if we get one, and other things like that. Its not that they can't afford to, they just seem tight, and I just can't be bothered with them now. Its not like they'll end up out of pocket, as things always even out amongst my group of friends over time. To top it all they're always going off on holidays and buying clothes and what not. Drives me up the wall.

DiG

DiG

Associate
fozzybear said:
When i go to the cinema, i take my own popcorn/doritos and drink in with me. I just will not pay the prices they charge there. Does that make me cheap?
No, they have a 300% profit margin on popcorn, well it is the only way they make money, they make nothing off the tickets!

Soldato
BUSH said:
i don't think i'm that cheap, the only thing being I hunt around for bargins on things like airport parking, insurance, etc.

Some people being cheap are a joke though. I've got 'friends' that never buy drinks when we're out, despite others getting rounds in. They never pay for a taxi if we get one, and other things like that. Its not that they can't afford to, they just seem tight, and I just can't be bothered with them now. Its not like they'll end up out of pocket, as things always even out amongst my group of friends over time. To top it all they're always going off on holidays and buying clothes and what not. Drives me up the wall.

Actually you're right.. I'm a cheap git when out.. But I tend to drive, so this saves them all Taxi fees. They seem happy to pay for my night out, because I give them all free lifts.. Or at least they think it is. By the time they have paid for petrol and my drinks I'm quid's in..

Yet they never feel ripped..

Soldato
I try to avoid tight people who actually have the money -.-

Spongebob Joke here *LOOK AWAY NOW*

"Some people are so cheap, they cant even PAY attention"

*Puts head down in shame and walks away*

Soldato
iv-tecman said:
Actually you're right.. I'm a cheap git when out.. But I tend to drive, so this saves them all Taxi fees. They seem happy to pay for my night out, because I give them all free lifts.. Or at least they think it is. By the time they have paid for petrol and my drinks I'm quid's in..

Yet they never feel ripped..

being nominated driver I have no problem with, your saving them money and soft drinks don't cost much. My problem is people who its all take and no give. Worst thing is someone I know who insisted we get a taxi back, when we were up for walking back, then refused to pay for it, could have knocked his lights out.

Back
Top Bottom