Are you doing anything with Hue?

Soldato
Just added a Nanoleaf Aurora to my setup. It's brilliant, very sci-fi. Not as practical as Hue, so if it's of any use to anyone, the products are not really comparable. Yes they are both LED smart lighting systems but Hue is best for normal lighting purposes, the Aurora is almost artwork!

I actually get much better light out of the Nanoleaf Aurora on full blast white if I want to brighten up a dark room, I use mine on full bright white during the day and it's fab.

I'm also able to put them in places I can't get hue lights that need sockets. For example just above my computer desk there's no light sockets. I tried putting a lightstrip on the ceiling, but it didn't look great without any diffusion. I stuck 4 nano leaf disks in a triangle to the roof instead and I've got a great downlighter that looks the biz.

Soldato
Yeah i noticed they weren't discounted. Didn't mind that so much as I caved and purchased and normal price a few weeks back. :p

Bought a mixture of colour bulbs and white GU10s, plus a couple of motion detectors.

Associate
Yeah i noticed they weren't discounted. Didn't mind that so much as I caved and purchased and normal price a few weeks back. :p

Bought a mixture of colour bulbs and white GU10s, plus a couple of motion detectors.

How are you using the motion detectors? just looking for ideas before i grab one

Soldato
How are you using the motion detectors? just looking for ideas before i grab one
Sorry, typed a reply yesterday but didn't click post! (Doh)

Similar to what HungryHippos was saying I plan to use them for the hallway/stairs (one at top and one at bottom), plan to configure so during the evening they come on at a decent brightness but gone 12 they come on much dimmer if triggered.

Soldato
Just added a Nanoleaf Aurora to my setup. It's brilliant, very sci-fi. Not as practical as Hue, so if it's of any use to anyone, the products are not really comparable. Yes they are both LED smart lighting systems but Hue is best for normal lighting purposes, the Aurora is almost artwork!

Just looked these up, they look very impressive/colourful. But wow they're expensive!!

Soldato
I am looking at starting to use these lights in my house... main point would be the kitchen. 4 spot lights and numerous LED strips currently under and above cupboards.

How have people installed these? I am looking at having probably 5/6 different LED strips (some possibly composing of 2 or more LED strips joined together, hope that makes sense?). Current LEDs are hardwired in, but all join up at a box. Excuse my lack of electrical vocabulary.

Guess my question is will I need a plug socket for each LED strip, or could I hard wire them like the existing ones? Basically I am a narb.

Spotlights I think I can manage :D

Soldato
You can get extension LED Hue strips which attach to the main £64 one, it then doesn't need an extra plug.

Ah sorry I didn't make myself clear.. One long LED strip won't work in my kitchen as I have standalone upper units. I'm guessing I would need a completely different socket per unit.

Back
Top Bottom