Arizona nine-year old in Uzi gun lesson accident

Man of Honour
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-28948946

Am I think only one completely dumbfounded at the fact this even happened? Now I know the US has a rather different relationship with guns, but who in their right mind gives a 9 year old child an Uzi?

After thinking about this, I don't have a problem with children target shooting with firearms per se, but the fact that she was very young and that it was a fully automatic weapon - which let's be honest isn't designed for target practice, makes me think this should have been avoided with just a smidgen of common sense.

Last edited:
Associate
Oh dear, by the age of 9 in America shouldn't they be on more advanced weapons?

On a more serious side though, this is madness! Who in their right mind thought it'd be wise to give a child a gun?!

Soldato
Poor kid now has to live with that.
I'm always somewhat shocked at how often things like this happen over there.

Who do I talk to about getting a Mac 10 in under 3 minutes?
These days, you'll probably find Apple has secured the copyright on it and you have to install the iAmmo app on it...

Soldato
That is ridiculous. They need to take a leaf out of the UK law on guns, and a ban on fully automatic weapons unless you are in the forces. Shotguns on certs, rifles on strict licensing, reason for use, and a properly enforced age restriction. Why is a 9 year old using a gun in the first place, let alone one they are clearly not going to be able to handle.

Soldato
Americans have a sado masochistic attachment to guns. I remember after the Sandyhook school shooting, Obama promised to try and tighten up some of the gun laws. He tried several things including making clip sizes smaller for semi automatic weapons and Congress blocked everything he put forward. Idiots. Things aren't helped by the NRA spewing out their propaganda and lobbying politicians to make sure nothing changes.

Back
Top Bottom