Arizona nine-year old in Uzi gun lesson accident

Caporegime
I bet it was a faulty gun\switch.

It wasn't faulty at all. It worked perfectly, which is why the guy is now dead.

He had let her fire the gun on semi-auto. Then he switched it to full auto. She fired the gun and lost control because it was too powerful for her to handle. The barrel rode upwards and sent several shots into the guy, at least two of which struck his head.

This is what happens when stupid, irresponsible people are given access to firearms.

Associate
There is nothing wrong with American gun laws. Clearly if the instructor had been carrying his own gun, he would have been able to defend himself and take out the little girl as soon as he realised the threat.

Soldato
Guns and bullets don't kill people, massive internal hemorrhaging, that kills people.

I've watched the video and I'm confused as to why the instructor is not showing her the appropriate technique for deployment of the Uzi 9mm? She's not wearing low rise jeans, the gun is not turned sideways, and how can she be expected to control the recoil without the added wind resistance provided from firing out of a moving car?

Bunch of amatuers.

Soldato
Stupid instructor, stupid parents and thanks to there stupidity a 9yr old girl has to live with the fact she killed a man.

At least in the jungle they only arm boys! America are no better imo other than giving the world an impression there civilised!

Associate
How many people get hit by cars each year? how many drown? guns arnt a problem. the fact is with that many people using them safely there will always be accidents

How many cars are designed with the sole purpose of killing another person in the most effective way possible?

Soldato
How many people get hit by cars each year? how many drown? guns arnt a problem. the fact is with that many people using them safely there will always be accidents

30,000 'accidents' in the US per year versus 65 'accidents' in the UK per year. Your argument is a complete farce and insults every intelligent person who reads it.

Soldato

Around 33,000 annual motor accident deaths in the USA. Very similar to the gun deaths. But the key difference is that motoring isn't an optional leisure activity. And a lot more safe driving happens than does safe shooting.

3,800 deaths per year from drowning, around half of which were in natural waters;
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/databriefs/db149.htm

Road deaths;
http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx

Soldato
Darwin award contestant.

IMO letting a 9 year old shoot a gun under very close supervision (I.e close enought to grab them) which is semi automatic is relatively safe (still unbelievably retarded) given how hard it is pull a trigger on guns usually ment for civilian use, an automatic is completely on another danger level, especially something pistol size and light weight.

Am I right on thinking a very similar accident happened last year or so but last time is was a young lad?

Edit: apparently it was 2008 and the 8 year old lad shot himself in the head due to the recoil.
These idiot ***** don't seem to learn.

Last edited:
Soldato
Things aren't helped by the NRA spewing out their propaganda and lobbying politicians to make sure nothing changes.

From an outsiders point of view, the NRA lobby seems to have far too much power! Its depressing.

Another point I'd like to make is that, sure, guns don't kill people by themselves, but the fact that they are so easily obtainable means that killing somebody is ten times easier and immeasurably quicker. The old saying rings true, once you've fired the bullet, you can't take it back!

Last edited:
Soldato
Guns and bullets don't kill people, massive internal hemorrhaging, that kills people.

Actually, if you want to get really pedantic about it, it's lack of oxygen to the brain that kills people :p

What practical benefits does using a gun give to the user? (Other than the obvious hunting/law enforcement uses?)

Driving has many practical and economical benefits, and for many is a necessity, so comparing it against a leisure activity is ridiculous.

Soldato
I know that this country has some stupid laws but it boggles the mind that someone growing up in America can legally fire an uzi 12 years before they can legally buy a beer.

Back
Top Bottom