• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARK: Survival, Directx 12 Patch this friday.

Associate
I get between 45 - 55 fps on medium high settings on 1080 on a 290x. Seems Nvidia have somw catchin up to do with the drivers for this game. A 980ti should get way more fps.

I don't know if there's been a major change in the game but I played this for a while and have a 980ti and with almost everything turned up I was getting around 60fps, I wasn't the only one either Devrij was the same and his build is almost identical to mine.
Has there been a patch which decreased the performance?
FYI I quit the game back in July/August.

Soldato
I don't know if there's been a major change in the game but I played this for a while and have a 980ti and with almost everything turned up I was getting around 60fps, I wasn't the only one either Devrij was the same and his build is almost identical to mine.
Has there been a patch which decreased the performance?
FYI I quit the game back in July/August.

I stopped trying a month after the game came out.. I was rocking an ultra wide 1440p at the time and the main thing that killed performance in that game was resolution and i mean really KILLED!. 3d quality of the game was way below the power it required to run. Having to run a 1080p screen just to get near 60 and still not maxing the detail settings is pathetic for a game that ugly. Perhaps the picture is different today.

Maybe they have fixed some of the performance issues but i really do not care at this point.. Its okay if you think i sound like a bitter old man as i recently turned 30 and it seems to have had an affect on me :p

Associate
I stopped trying a month after the game came out.. I was rocking an ultra wide 1440p at the time and the main thing that killed performance in that game was resolution and i mean really KILLED!. 3d quality of the game was way below the power it required to run. Having to run a 1080p screen just to get near 60 and still not maxing the detail settings is pathetic for a game that ugly. Perhaps the picture is different today.

Maybe they have fixed some of the performance issues but i really do not care at this point.. Its okay if you think i sound like a bitter old man as i recently turned 30 and it seems to have had an affect on me :p

You should try again. I'm getting 30-35 fps avg I'll post my settings when I get home. G-Sync I think helps this game seem smoother.

Aah to be 30 again....

Back
Top Bottom