***ArmA 3 Thread***

Soldato
This is doing my nut in, and I must be doing something wrong, but How do I add ANYTHING to the editor to practice and mess around?

I load ARMA3, fire up editor, choose a map and then I cannot do anything at all!

I found a simple guide that says you hold the right mouse button on any area of the map then double left click on the map and a menu should pop up. Nothing happens! Tried every other combo of holding and clicking. Nothing. HELP PLEASE :o

Soldato
Been a while since I played in the editor but just double click (left) somewhere on the map, it should bring up a menu. No need to hold right mouse button or anything.

I think:
Somewhere it says "Playable", select "As player" then press preview at the top.

Soldato
Been a while since I played in the editor but just double click (left) somewhere on the map, it should bring up a menu. No need to hold right mouse button or anything.

I think:
Somewhere it says "Playable", select "As player" then press preview at the top.

Thanks fella, but nothing happens no matter what combination of mouse clicking I do! It's totally doing my head in now!

I don't play arma much but wanted to give it a try again. I'm running the latest version (1.48) but it says I'm running a modded version of the game. Could this be the problem? I've no idea how or why it's saying I'm running a modded version? I have downloaded a few player made missions via steam workshop, is this why?

Soldato
Just tried running via the launcher thing without any mods - still does not work.

Am completely at a loss now here. Cannot get anything onto the map no matter what I click. Rest of the game works fine, just the editor won't do anything! Anyone any idea???

EDIT - figured it out myself. Found an old post from 2010 on a forum about TrackIR interfering with double click mouse function! lo and behold I have TrackIR 5 which had been running with the game earlier. I rebooted and didn't load up TrackIR, and double click now works in the editor and I can test stuff out!

So a bizarre bug with TrackIR from 2010 still not fixed? Sounds about right for this game :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Started playing a Tactical Battlefield...

What a GEM of a complete mod this is.

The entire mod weighs in at 18GB or thereabouts.

If anyone is interested, I am in the process of upping to Onedrive for personal use.

All dependencies are included, just copy everything into your Arma folder, it works.

Anyone interested in a link?

Last edited:
Soldato
Started playing a Tactical Battlefield...

What a GEM of a complete mod this is.

The entire mod weighs in at 18GB or thereabouts.

If anyone is interested, I am in the process of upping to Onedrive for personal use.

All dependencies are included, just copy everything into your Arma folder, it works.

Anyone interested in a link?

What's performance like on it these days? Used to be a huge problem which they acknowledged but they didn't have the man power to do anything about it apparently.

I would be all over this if it performed better than it used to.

Associate
I'm thinking of buying this next week, i've been wayching loads of youtube and it just looks so cool. I'm aware that there are issues but i'm mainly concerned with the difficulty, it all looks quite intimidating for a new player. If any one has any tips or could point me to a good guide i would very much appreciate it.

Soldato
I'm thinking of buying this next week, i've been wayching loads of youtube and it just looks so cool. I'm aware that there are issues but i'm mainly concerned with the difficulty, it all looks quite intimidating for a new player. If any one has any tips or could point me to a good guide i would very much appreciate it.

Are you going to be mainly doing SP or MP?

Back
Top Bottom