***ArmA 3 Thread***

Associate
Are you going to be mainly doing SP or MP?

I will probably start out with single player for a week or 2 but the multiplayer and particularly the life servers is what i am interested in. Only just getting into multi-player gaming (mainly due to GTA V) and Arma seems more interesting to me than the usual shooters.

Associate
Just play all the tutorials/showcases and you will be sorted really. Only thing to say about the Life mods is that they are all a massive pile of pump.

I was watching Altis videos and it looked quite fun. What would you recommend? Obviously i want to experience a lot of the game. The battle Royale Mods also look pretty good.

Also i wanted to know what the general feeling is towards new players. In GTA for instance it generally sucks quite a bit.

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't understand the Life mods. You've just bought this super realistic military sandbox....but sod it, lets go pick apples and pretend I'm a drug dealer :confused:

Best MP PvP game mode in my opinion is EUTW CTI. 2 teams fight to control cap points all over the map. Cap points can only be captured if you control a linked territory. Normally 2 full servers every night.

Modes like KotH...well you may as well just play Battlefield 4 really. I don't play any of the zombie survival things as the Arma engine doesn't handle melee combat well at all and it never will!

Anyways, this is what I've been working on over the weekend.

Associate
I don't understand the Life mods. You've just bought this super realistic military sandbox....but sod it, lets go pick apples and pretend I'm a drug dealer :confused:

Best MP PvP game mode in my opinion is EUTW CTI. 2 teams fight to control cap points all over the map. Cap points can only be captured if you control a linked territory. Normally 2 full servers every night.

Modes like KotH...well you may as well just play Battlefield 4 really. I don't play any of the zombie survival things as the Arma engine doesn't handle melee combat well at all and it never will!

Anyways, this is what I've been working on over the weekend.

Thats a good point and i will definitely be trying out as much as i can and will also be avoiding anything that feels like Battlefield as i have no interest in either that or COD.

I've watched gamepay of the Arma 3 DayZ mod and i agree that melee combat looks very awkward.

I think my main reason for wanting to play Arma is because it's not just your average run and gun game, i mean i like GTA but it's doesn't exactly require a lot of thinking.

P.S. It's like the trees are dancing in the video, maybe you should add a music score. lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Really interested in trying Arma 3 but im confused. When i look on twitch its all people driving normal cars and playing role play cops and robbers, whats the actual arma 3 online like? And how is it for a beginner having not played one before?

Thanks!

Soldato
Depends what game mode you play, a lot of it is that ArmA life garbage.
Other ones are wasteland and king of the hill which isnt bad.

However to play ArmA the way its ment to be played, you should find a group to play with some proper COOP and adversarial missions on.

If you are interested there are a bunch of videos on my youtube channel, mostly capturing amusing moments but you will get the jist of how we operate in Folk ARPS.

Associate
Looking to get involved with this game! Remember having a blast on ARMA2, especially Day-Z & a few mil realism servers. Though going to buy a new laptop to run this at the higher end of settings.

Associate
Looking to get involved with this game! Remember having a blast on ARMA2, especially Day-Z & a few mil realism servers. Though going to buy a new laptop to run this at the higher end of settings.

I wouldn't recommend a laptop for this m8, if you can stretch to a decent desktop that would be the way to go. If its a new system definitely go with an Intel processor, Arma does not like AMD.

Associate
I wouldn't recommend a laptop for this m8, if you can stretch to a decent desktop that would be the way to go. If its a new system definitely go with an Intel processor, Arma does not like AMD.

Yeah, i'm not overely fussed on a laptop either! Though due to being moved around a lot with the RAF I pretty much have no choice! :)

Soldato
Any server admins around please?

I have a mission with its dependencies I want to run a dedi server. .pbo, .sqf, .ext files etc

Do I place all of these into the MPMissions folder or do I create a sub folder in the MPMissions folder?

Also, how do I specify the mission in the server config?

Many thanks.

Back
Top Bottom